Sonny's phone on the boat

Stinger390X

Has anyone got the part number or make and model of the battery opperated phone that Sonny used on the St. Vitas Dance?It was black and white and there was a telescoping antenna. It also had the DTMF number pad on the outside of the body of the phone.Anyone...?

Has anyone got the part number or make and model of the battery opperated phone that Sonny used on the St. Vitas Dance?It was black and white and there was a telescoping antenna. It also had the DTMF number pad on the outside of the body of the phone.Anyone...?

Hey stinger probably a cobra they were pretty popular back then with the metal telescoping antenna you know of a website that sells things like that ???

• Administrators

Is it this phone you're looking for? It was used in season 1 and 2.Eingefügtes BildIn a thread on another board :p airtommy stated, this is a AT&T 5200. Maybe that info helps.

The color is actually a irovy and a very dark brown. It's a MURAPHONE, and that model had a 'base station' with a corded handset...it also had a remote charging cradle for the wireless unit.... One of the features was to intercom between the base station and remote. It was a 49MHz version, but the specific model number escapes me. I actually bought one, probably back in 1984-5 from a closeout discount (catalog) house. It unfortunately became outdated, but I wish I kept it just for a retro-party or something.

Is it this phone you're looking for? It was used in season 1 and 2.Eingefügtes BildIn a thread on another board :p airtommy stated' date=' this is a AT&T 5200. Maybe that info helps.[/quote']that phone, (not the one in the picture) is the one he has later, seen in season 3 at least, it is tan and grey and has the buttons on the underside of the phone, I've got one and love it!

Thanks for the infout so far and yes...that is the phone in the picture I was interested in. I want to buy one.The ebay phone is close...but no cigar.Thanks for looking and at least now I know a brand name to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonny's Boat Phone FOUND !

Thanks for the infout so far and yes...that is the phone in the picture I was interested in. I want to buy one.The ebay phone is close...but no cigar.Thanks for looking and at least now I know a brand name to follow.

Follow this pic link:http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/47/85724347_full.jpgAs stated before this is the phone model I use to own...way back in the day (not my auction, just happened on this surfing)...The MURAPHONE is shown in the picture left bottom (the Cordless) resting on its side (unfortunately). The BASE unit has a corded handset. The BASE unit is to the right of the cordless handset (w/o corded handset)...The CORDED HANDSET is shown at the top Right of the picture with the tangled/coiled cord. To the Left of the Corded Handset is the Charging Cradle for the Cordless Handset. You can clearly see the MURAPHONE Label and Instruction Manual....The other two phone are obsolete Cellphones....Hope this helps !!

Sonny's Boat Phone (1983) FOUND in Sear's CatalogCheck this page out (this IS the exact phone model I had, but order through a discount catalog):http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/136070984_76f7f49d76_o.jpgAt the bottom, you will see THE phone...actually the set is the base station (w/corded handset) plus the 'famous' cordless handset, a MURAPHONE model 800 / 801The 1983 price was an amazing $ 219.99

Sonny Could Have 5-Line Intercom at the Yacht Club

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/136070984_76f7f49d76_o.jpgAt the bottom, you will see THE phone...actually the set is the base station (w/corded handset) plus the 'famous' cordless handset, a MURAPHONE model 800 / 801The 1983 price was an amazing $ 219.99

The description say that 5 other cordless handsets can intercom simultaneously...unless an outside call from OCB (probably Castillo or Gina) to spoil Sonny's yacht club party plans....

Thanks for the posts.I did a search on ebay and of course...nothing.They have probably all been crushed and recycled by now?I would love to get my hands on a set just for the nastalgia...

Has anyone ever seen the 'base station' for this MURAPHONE 800/801 on-board the St. Vitus ? Obviously, a staged prop, but it would be neat to see if the base station was actually located by a set decorator. I haven't looked yet, but possibly in one/more of the following eps (Brothers Keeper, Payback to name a couple....) that feature much interior shots of the St. Vitus (though some of the interior scenes may actually be a set and not actually on-board (cramped real estate for a crew / actors / lighting etc)..... / Maybe Rick B. can enlighten...

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has one of these phones, I would like to purchase it.I want to gut them and then put new 900mHz technology inside the phone parts and use it here at the Marina. I want to keep the unit in my office and use the phone on the boat, which is a couple hundred feet away.

..... and use the phone on the boat' date=' which is a couple hundred feet away.[/quote']I'll look in the attic and basement archives to see if perhaps 'it' is still somehow survived all of the moves or was simply toss due to technological advances...I know that they're selling (or 'repackaging' old Motorola Brickphones with those nasty piezo ringers)

If anyone has one of these phones' date=' I would like to purchase it.I want to gut them and then put new 900mHz technology inside the phone parts and use it here at the Marina. I want to keep the unit in my office and use the phone on the boat, which is a couple hundred feet away.[/quote']Just posted a color pic of one from a 1983 Shelburne-Holiday Catalog, page 22See it at:http://miami-vice.ws/photoplog/index.php?n=510

If anyone has one of these phones' date=' I would like to purchase it.I want to gut them and then put new 900mHz technology inside the phone parts and use it here at the Marina. I want to keep the unit in my office and use the phone on the boat, which is a couple hundred feet away.[/quote']Just posted a color pic of one from a 1983 Shelburne-Holiday Catalog, page 22See it at:http://miami-vice.ws/photoplog/index.php?n=510

• 8 months later...

Muraphone 800/801 Dead Mint

Too bad...I would scoop it in a second if it had the handset.Oh well...I'll just keep looking I suppose? One will turn up someday?
Man' date=' I was surfing around and found this..(from October this year...)...a Dead Mint in original packaging....$16...[url']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370268297707

• 1 year later...

Check this vid at 0:47.

The phone may be a bit older or predate the Muraphone 800/801 as you will see it has fewer buttons. Although the style is identical, so it's definitely a Muraphone. Anyone do anymore research on this?
  • Like 1