Fury (2014)

James

• Administrators

I just saw this movie, and I am blown away. They really capture World War II for what it really was, a horrible time. 

And the story was amazing.

The best movie of the year, a must see.

5/5 stars.

Here's a trailer

• Like 2

Ya just watched a special on the making of Fury.  Very impressive how they strove for realism in everything.  They used the world's only running Tiger tank never filmed in a movie before.  They also used a Hollywood mock-up of a Tiger.  I assume this is the one that gets hit since I haven't seen the movie yet.  Usually don't watch recent war movies since I am too much of a critic but I'll have to see Fury.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Ya just watched a special on the making of Fury. Very impressive how they strove for realism in everything. They used the world's only running Tiger tank never filmed in a movie before. They also used a Hollywood mock-up of a Tiger. I assume this is the one that gets hit since I haven't seen the movie yet. Usually don't watch recent war movies since I am too much of a critic but I'll have to see Fury.

Great information. Yes the mock up would definitely be the one used for stunts. They wouldn't destroy a vintage tank.

I'm usually not a fan of war movies either unless it's history, like WW2.

The movie is so sad, and there's so much gore. It made me appreciate WW2 veterans even more now that I know what they went through.

• Like 1

So glad to hear it was a good movie. I am looking forward to seeing it now.

Unfortunately I have not even seen a trailer for it yet but I will take your word for it.

I was actually a little leary as I am so sick of Hollywoods depictions of war drama. Last thing |I need is John Wayne hiking through the jungle with a pressed shirt and shiny shoes...if you know what I mean?

I am so glad that directors are beginning to tell the truth instead of making bullshit stories of heroism that are exaggerated and basically false.

Looking forward to checking this one out.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Actually, it's a fictional story set in WW2.

And it isn't exactly a "heroism" story. It's more of a sad story, the whole movie was a bit depressing.

• Like 1

Just watched it yesterday and I can say-Finally some good movie to watch came out.I'm bit of old grumbler about the now days movies,but this one is really good.5/5 :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Good reviews so far. I am going tonight to see it at the theatre.

By the way on another note I saw "Interstellar" last week. I thought it was fantastic! I liked it so much I went back the next next night and watched it a second time..

Edited by Stinger390X
  • Like 1