Terminator Genisys Movie - Official Trailer

Yann529

• Administrators

Is this a remix of Terminator 1 and 2? ?(

Seems like it.

The plot looks the same. It seems more of a remake than a reboot.

• Like 1

I remember seeing the first Terminator in the theaters in Ft Lauderdale FL in 1984. Still a fan, though I didn't much care for Terminator Salvation or even T3, Rise of the Machines. But T1 and T2 were great, and so I hope this New Release is a retake/remake on those two movies.

And always liked Arnold movies. :thumbsup:

I knew someone who spotted Arnold at the checkout counter of a  Swiss hotel in the 90s and my friend mimicked one of Arnold's lines to him behind his back..."remember Sully when I said I'd kill you last". Arnold laughed, as the story went

you know I understand the want and the need to go back to the glory days of insert your favorite franchise here like this, but I just dont know if they will be able to pull it off in a good way, as alot havent managed to do that.

I mean we've had a reboot and remake of Evil Dead already, that's been quickly forgotten, along with the Terminator films before with T3 onwards, where the twist of the 4th was supposed to be that the humans are living in some sort of Encino Man like habitat and the machines were keeping us alive in that for our own survival,  and the fact that there is a third film kind of ruined the ending of the second film

and I remember my brother saying, something went wrong was the only explantion behind it after going to see it in the theater, and I can just hear confused matthew yell EXPLAIN MOVIE, EXPLAIN! from his no country from old men review.

for those not in the know, this is who I am talking about, I used to follow him years ago before his anger issues grew old on me

http://blip.tv/confused-matthew

so is this a way to finally Explain why the third and 4th films even exist?

and the question why hasnt Sfdebris done anything with the terminator franchise is also poping up in my head?

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews

and also we had star trek being rebooted/remade as well to a time period after the original series, not before it turns out, so its set in more modern time with the same charachters, much like this new film is going to be, as in a deleted scene with Admiral Marcus there was an original enterprise hanging over his head.

2dazomx.jpg

straight out of star trek Online I might add, which filled in the blanks, as the new Connie is supposed to be a Mark 3, not a Mark 1, meaning the time period is after ST 6 more or less really, contrary to what they said in the first place. as kronos is already destroyed in it.

and those havent gone over well with the fans writing wise, even if the new ST films are good summer action pieces that have been moderately successful, but not the billion dollar bombs that the studios wanted

as the final noland batman film despite its problems (as bane was obiviously going to be the joker) grossed over a billion bucks so the general feeling is the same, Explain, Movie Explain.

So I dont think this can pull it off, I could be wrong but with so many reboots and remakes, Bond Included, (where in a way they pulled an into darkness with the DB5 being in skyfall too), failing from a writing standpoint I just dont have faith in them if James cameron and the old practical special effects people arent involved.

and who is directing this film anyways along with the screen writer, and why write genesis this way? is this a double meaning? genisis of a new timeline in addition to the other two now?

as a film is made by 3 points, Writing, acting and directing, and if the writing isnt there, all it will be is a forgettable, but fun and decent film.

and that is what set die hard and the really memorable films of the 1980's apart, ALOT of attention was paid to the writing part, and if you have that in general the rest will follow if you got anyone half decent doing the rest, as the writing is the lynchpin of a good film.

and it is what people will dwell on for years latter, not the action set pieces, as anyone can just youtube that and not watch the rest of the film anyways.'

negating the need for Dvd sales and the proliferation of the films legacy.

Edited by Kavinsky

I remember seeing the first Terminator in the theaters in Ft Lauderdale FL in 1984. Still a fan, though I didn't much care for Terminator Salvation or even T3, Rise of the Machines. But T1 and T2 were great, and so I hope this New Release is a retake/remake on those two movies.

And always liked Arnold movies. :thumbsup:

I knew someone who spotted Arnold at the checkout counter of a  Swiss hotel in the 90s and my friend mimicked one of Arnold's lines to him behind his back..."remember Sully when I said I'd kill you last". Arnold laughed, as the story went

I saw T1-T3 in the theater back in the day as well, but after watching snoozing through a disappointing T3, my gut tells me no amount of Arnold will save this series...

Why won't they let this franchise die?

My sentiments exactly!

I loved T1 and even T2 was excellent. T3 was a bomb and as everything, it ends up in self destruction.

How many times can you tell the same story? How many versions of Batman can there be? Same for Terminator.

Hollywood needs an enema......................................................................................

Edited by Stinger390X

I saw T1-T3 in the theater back in the day as well, but after watching snoozing through a disappointing T3, my gut tells me no amount of Arnold will save this series...

I agree on T3..was a bit of a snoozer, and Salvation didn't do much for me either. But I hope with a new cast they can breathe some life back into the series, much the same as Chris Pine and others did with the Star Trek remake, and I was pleasantly surprised on that one.

yeah they did a good job with the casting and the directing of the post RB JJ star trek films,  but even then I dont find myself going back to them like I do with the first 10, as I just viewed all of those in vaguely subsquental order recently as a nolstagia trip.

and I wonder even if this film is good will that happen with these, plural, as well?  as looking it up on wikipedia there planning two others apparently.......... so yeah,

there aiming to do a total redo of the franchise, although there seems to be a mention of some very light James Cameron Influence, given he's working on the new dancing with wolves film sequels. avatar, the twighlight of the sci fi world.

Edited by Kavinsky