LARRY ZITO's BIO BY JOHN DIEHL!

COOPER&BURNETT

I know I said this before, but how could the producers tie Diehl to a contract, when he only had very little time on screen and he couldn't do anything about it, except in the end leave the show. Again so not fair to John Diehl and totally understanderble that he got bored to death.

I think I read somewhere that he didn't feel he could express himself creatively with his character, like he wanted to. It would have been interesting to see how his character could have evolved, if he had stayed on the show and seeing him acting in a more serious way. But I understand Diehl's decision. Even though the show wasn't the same anymore seeing Switek on his own without his buddy. Switek and Zito were totally the opposite in contrast to Crockett and Tubbs and it was good to have that mix in the squad. I agree Jerry it wasen't the same squad anymore with Diehl leaving.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

I'd just like to add JD could act.  His performance in Stripes was hysterical, so I agree that the writers wasted a talented actor.