Philip Michael Thomas opens Instagram account (January 2015)

bluepearl

Full credit with this image to Philip Michael Thomas himself.

He yesterday opened his account @ Instagram. Welcome there Philip  :D  :thumbsup: 
„grin“-Emoticon

You can follow him here: 

http://instagram.com/philipmichaelthomas/?modal=true

20766330he.jpg

DJ forum got over night a sweet interesting candy more.

Comparatively recent image about Philip with a fan:

20766331lm.jpg

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, I don't have Instagram as I tend to stay off social media, just not my thing. But thanks for posting these. He's aged quite well. Nice to see some recent pictures of him. He does look a bit thin, but then again he was always pretty thin. I always wondered why he never starred in another show. He sure was a beautiful man in the eighties. I can't believe someone who looked that good couldn't find other roles.

• Like 1

To make it crystal clear: This named by me in the past Instagram account is a FAKE account.
I ask all to take the follow button back.

I was not aware we have two threads to this topic in forum here.

I politely ask to connect both topics to one. Thank you.

See this:

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/11870-philip-michael-thomas-on-instagram/

21061511pi.jpg

Ah ok I'm sorry I didn't see the other thread. It looked real enough though, so it could have fooled anyone really. I guess PMT and DJ are just not into social media, and that's completely understandable. 

• Like 2

Ah ok I'm sorry I didn't see the other thread. It looked real enough though, so it could have fooled anyone really. I guess PMT and DJ are just not into social media, and that's completely understandable. 

Don't worry viceystyle. Look, even I have not noticed about the two although I opened this one.

They both are not made for this social media, you are right.

What comes back to my mind as often what all would have changed in MV series if the detectives only would have had a phone in

their pockets.

To me all these modern means of communication turn as much that maybe it even would disturb the real effect with the series, so it would become taken in these times again at all.

I don't like social media myself, even though everyone my age seems to have a Facebook, an Instagram, and the worst one of all, Twitter. I just don't really see the point in it, and it just seems ridiculous to me when people post about how they're doing such and such in their lives every hour of every day. It all seems so contrived to me. A lot of people who use social media are on there just seeking attention. I have a Facebook, but I don't really post anything there, it's just there because my cousins and acquaintances wanted a way to contact me. It gets draining checking it weekly and seeing all the cliches they post and all the pictures on there and who likes what and whatever. That's why it was kind of hard to imagine DJ and PMT on there. It just doesn't seem like something they'd like. I just wanted to see more recent pictures of them, that's all, but they're just human beings like the rest of us who are definitely entitled to their privacy.

• Like 4

I don't like social media myself, even though everyone my age seems to have a Facebook, an Instagram, and the worst one of all, Twitter. I just don't really see the point in it, and it just seems ridiculous to me when people post about how they're doing such and such in their lives every hour of every day. It all seems so contrived to me. A lot of people who use social media are on there just seeking attention. I have a Facebook, but I don't really post anything there, it's just there because my cousins and acquaintances wanted a way to contact me. It gets draining checking it weekly and seeing all the cliches they post and all the pictures on there and who likes what and whatever. That's why it was kind of hard to imagine DJ and PMT on there. It just doesn't seem like something they'd like. I just wanted to see more recent pictures of them, that's all, but they're just human beings like the rest of us who are definitely entitled to their privacy.

Hi! I'm new here but I couldn't help but to want to response to your quote because I can completely relate to what you are saying when it comes to social media. I have a Facebook account myself but I mainly just do re-post of positive messages, stories, or of course my favorite Miami Vice Tubbs pix and that's about it. I still have not became fully comfortable with sharing anything about me in such a public forum. I do not have Twitter or Instagram nor do I feel like I am missing about because I don't have it. I respect DJ & PMT's need to have privacy as well. For what I understand even during the popularity in the 1980s of these to men, they never fully seemed to be the type to want to share everything about themselves, they both always seemed private & you have to respect that. I think considering this time & era, you are better off. The media & public has gotten so cut-throat, critical, & obsessed with sensalism, any little thing can easily be exploited. Has anyone noticed since DJ's daughter being out with her successful film, no one has heard of DJ? I think he's trying to allow his daughter have her time.

Ah, I don't have Instagram as I tend to stay off social media, just not my thing. But thanks for posting these. He's aged quite well. Nice to see some recent pictures of him. He does look a bit thin, but then again he was always pretty thin. I always wondered why he never starred in another show. He sure was a beautiful man in the eighties. I can't believe someone who looked that good couldn't find other roles.

Oops! I'm sorry, I'm still trying to get use to this website. I forgot to quote this one too! Please forgive me. For someone considering PMT's age, he does look good. I can't help but to recall when I watched that You Tube video done sometime in 2009 with those two Swedish guys that interviewed him. I was amazed how he looked considering he was about 60 then & didn't look a day older than about 42! He seemed very gracious, polite, & out-going all the things I heard rumors that he was actually like outside of his characters he plays. I do wish after the show was over he was given more opportunities like Don has. I think he is truly talented & is able to play diverse roles, plus with this exotic good looks, he can play someone biracial or etc. At least for what I gather he seems happy so that is a good thing. I know during the late 1980s from an interview I read he wanted to do a film about a political leader named Adam Clayton, but due to the writers strike that messed that up. Plus he also mentioned in that same interview he thought of doing Sparkle II with Irene Cara, that was a big dream of mine for those 2 to work together again because they worked so well together. All of that was not able to work out, I hate that because I have always found PMT's films & acting interesting. I heard when he was promoting the film False Witness with Phylicia Rashad in late 1989, he was told if that TV film had good ratings he was would be able to have a series of his own, I guess that didn't go well either. Regardless, I know I have that film & I enjoyed it.

Hi there, TubbsGirl1n&Ou7!

I may be considered an anomaly these days, but I just don't like all that social media stuff. I deleted my Facebook a while back, my father had just passed away, and I didn't feel like doing anything on the internet anymore. But then my cousin wanted me to go back on last fall. When I look at what people post there, it all seems to be a "look at me" kind of mentality. That's just not the kind of person I am. Unfortunately we live in a era now where people crave attention and feel the need to fill everyone in on every mundane detail of their lives. Also, I found that people who said they were your friend before will act like you don't even exist after you've come back from a long absence. Currently I don't even have a picture of myself on there. If I used it more, I would probably use it to just post up videos of songs I like, and things from MV, but then no one would understand what I was talking about. So there's really no point. I'm trying to think of what PMT would do on there...I would wish it only for one reason...vintage MV pictures and a few new ones.

Hmm...I don't understand why he faded into obscurity either...he always seemed to have a sense of mystery about him, and that seeped into the character Tubbs as well. I keep thinking that Miami Vice should have lasted a few more years. Then at least he would have been around till '92 or '93. It just seemed like he disappeared completely. He could have played any lead character, because the Ricardo Tubbs role was lauded on how ethnicity was never mentioned and completely irrelevant, showing that television roles had come a long way. I think directors like Hitchcock paved the way for that as early as the late 50s/early 60s when for the first time on television, "ethnic" actors were cast in leading roles, positive roles, where nothing was mentioned about the color of their skin. And so by the time the 80s came around, a character like Tubbs was the culmination of that. Now about his looks, I cannot take my eyes off him in MV...last night I was watching the episode "Glades" where he wore jeans that fit his body in all the right places. Now he always looked good in MV, but something about those jeans made him look exceptionally sexy. I wish men still dressed like Tubbs and Crockett and I wish the ideal for body type for men was still like that, instead of how it's become the overly muscular, bulky type. Now I have to go see this (relatively) recent interview. He does seem to have aged quite well, and do you know what it is that he's doing now? I would guess that he's acting in theatre or is he just retired? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yeah I'm like you viceystyle, I'm 21 and I'm not much into it myself. I only have a Facebook and I use it as a form of instant messaging, to keep in contact with people from around the world I meet over the internet. (I have a few people from this forum on there for example). Since nobody uses MSN or Skype anymore, and everybody is on Facebook. 

Not into sharing stuff and taking "selfies" lol. I don't even bother reading what friends post most of the time. Most of the time they're just whining about the same thing over and over again and crying for attention, anyway. 

But I do follow my favourite bands and TV shows on it, sometimes you get some interesting behind the scenes videos and information.

Ah, I remember MSN. There was a period of time where I met a lot of people online from Europe and Asia and would stay up late messaging them while I should have been asleep so I could get up for my 8 am class the next day. I've lost contact with a lot of people though. I had signed up for Facebook when it first came out, back in 2005, I think it was, it was my senior year of high school. I was never someone to post a lot of stuff on it though because I really still can't believe how people just put out every aspect of their lives on the internet. The internet is also a place that seems to bring out the worst in people. The things I've seen on there, the things people say from behind their computer screens. I mean there are the good parts about it like this forum and such, the music videos from all my favorite 80s songs, the pictures, etc. But there are times when I wish the internet didn't exist due to all the bad stuff on it, and how society has become so crazy for attention that they will do anything to get it. The entire selfie craze and people glued to their I phones and all that stuff. There are have been times when I've almost gotten my car wrecked because some idiots were too busy texting on their phones. It really does feel a lot of times that I'm out of place in this era with all the crazy and unnecessary stuff it has. So I can imagine what it must be like for DJ and PMT who are much older than me and lived in a era that wasn't like today. So I could never really imagine them with a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram or whatever else anyway. Most people who use social media don't even know who they are. Instead, people worship all these superficial, attention-seeking celebrities that make crappy music or shows. It's really ridculous seeing all these people worship some celebrity with millions of comments, views, and followers like some sort of kool-aided cult or something. These are pretty bizarre times. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, TubbsGirl1n&Ou7!

I may be considered an anomaly these days, but I just don't like all that social media stuff. I deleted my Facebook a while back, my father had just passed away, and I didn't feel like doing anything on the internet anymore. But then my cousin wanted me to go back on last fall. When I look at what people post there, it all seems to be a "look at me" kind of mentality. That's just not the kind of person I am. Unfortunately we live in a era now where people crave attention and feel the need to fill everyone in on every mundane detail of their lives. Also, I found that people who said they were your friend before will act like you don't even exist after you've come back from a long absence. Currently I don't even have a picture of myself on there. If I used it more, I would probably use it to just post up videos of songs I like, and things from MV, but then no one would understand what I was talking about. So there's really no point. I'm trying to think of what PMT would do on there...I would wish it only for one reason...vintage MV pictures and a few new ones.

Hmm...I don't understand why he faded into obscurity either...he always seemed to have a sense of mystery about him, and that seeped into the character Tubbs as well. I keep thinking that Miami Vice should have lasted a few more years. Then at least he would have been around till '92 or '93. It just seemed like he disappeared completely. He could have played any lead character, because the Ricardo Tubbs role was lauded on how ethnicity was never mentioned and completely irrelevant, showing that television roles had come a long way. I think directors like Hitchcock paved the way for that as early as the late 50s/early 60s when for the first time on television, "ethnic" actors were cast in leading roles, positive roles, where nothing was mentioned about the color of their skin. And so by the time the 80s came around, a character like Tubbs was the culmination of that. Now about his looks, I cannot take my eyes off him in MV...last night I was watching the episode "Glades" where he wore jeans that fit his body in all the right places. Now he always looked good in MV, but something about those jeans made him look exceptionally sexy. I wish men still dressed like Tubbs and Crockett and I wish the ideal for body type for men was still like that, instead of how it's become the overly muscular, bulky type. Now I have to go see this (relatively) recent interview. He does seem to have aged quite well, and do you know what it is that he's doing now? I would guess that he's acting in theatre or is he just retired? 

Hey viceystyle!

I found myself agreeing with so much from what you have expressed!

It seems the type of look & image that PMT had is something only of the past unfortunately! I really enjoy keeping my eyes on him too because to me he stood out & was different. The he approached his acting & yes regardless whether he was in a suit or just simple shirt & jeans he would wore that well also. As far as Crockett & Tubbs/PMT & DonJohn, I think their magic they brought together is something once in a lifetime. Sometimes my eyes water over just watching those two whether it is just from a photo or episode they were amazing together. Even the way the moved insync together was amazing.

All I am aware of as far as PMT, since about 2007 he & his partner Sandi were doing those Sacha on Broadway shows that the created together & aside from that in 2013 he was still working on music. That last recent thing I heard was he was helping to promote his youngest daughter Imaj with her music career, that was last year. I wonder if he has decided to just retire from show business & stick with supporting his children with their careers whenever they need him. Maybe because he is in his 60s now he feels he has had his run in the business & since all of his children are grown it is best to let them have their time. But who really knows, that is just my guess.

So I can imagine what it must be like for DJ and PMT who are much older than me and lived in a era that wasn't like today. So I could never really imagine them with a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram or whatever else anyway. Most people who use social media don't even know who they are. Instead, people worship all these superficial, attention-seeking celebrities that make crappy music or shows. It's really ridculous seeing all these people worship some celebrity with millions of comments, views, and followers like some sort of kool-aided cult or something. These are pretty bizarre times. 

Though DJ and PMT did grow up in the pre-cell phone, pre-PC, and pre-social media era, I'd bet they have come to adapt to technology like the rest of us have. But I suspect the reason they avoid social media is more about the amount of time required to respond to posters, or "followers" ....and to what end? I don't think they believe it will advance their careers much, and they probably aren't much interested in the online attention. I think we saw this recently even from (a younger) Jeffrey Donovan. I've read that many people are dropping Twitter and even FB is losing ground to more instant apps such as Snapchat, Instagram and some others.

The Kool-Aid is out there on social media for sure. Never understood the need to feed the egos of some of these faux-celebrities (the Kardashians come to mind) or faux-musicians (some rappers come to mind),  or even people who fool themselves into believing they have thousands of "friends" on FB, or that they are worth "following" on Twitter.

• Like 1

Kudos to Viceystyle for that great post that spoke for many of us, and may I add enormous Kardashian butts to the category of trending things that I don't like.

I'm sure DJ and PMT know how to use the internet and social media crap, but I guess they just choose not too, and I understand why they wouldn't want to. I don't really see smartphones and social media as "technological advancement" the way most people do. I see them as totally unecessary, my idea of technological advancement is the sci-fi type stuff, not this garbage that's been put out in the past decade and that everyone is crazy for and think they are so "cool" and "savvy" for using it. I don't really see the point in using a stupid phone for everything, and it's led to people being glued to them to the point where they are oblivious to what's going around them. People behave in moronic ways, such as driving while looking at their phones and blocking the way in front of you when you're walking, because they're too dumb/rude to realize that someone is behind them, or generally being rude and ignoring you. I see that type of behavior everywhere I go on a daily basis. They text and check facebook and instagram every five minutes as if it were something important, when it's nothing but some stupid popularity and attention-seeking contest they have. What is up with people constantly feeling the need to post their picture and see how many likes and comments they get? It's a very pathetic way to boost self-esteem, and I remember the days when the social media crap didn't exist. When I was in high school, and it wasn't even that long ago, we actually went outside and lived life. Nowadays it seems like no one is actually living. They spend all their time posting status updates, that it's all so contrived and fake, and it's not really experiencing life. Nowadays, people have become isolated and it's harder to make real friends, because their idea of "friends" is people they have following them on twitter or facebook, or instagram, or reading their blog. People just don't go out and talk and enjoy things the way they used to, at least not the younger generation. Everyone just wants to emulate these superficial "celebrities" and their million idiotic followers. I can completely understand why PMT and DJ wouldn't want to be a part of that, and I really hate social media and I don't think it's doing anything to advance society at all. In fact, in a lot of ways, society has been going backwards and degrading in the past decade or so. Things like the noticeable decline of fashion, music, film/television, the economy, education, all signs of massive cultural decay. 

• Like 1