Philip Michael Thomas opens Instagram account (January 2015)

bluepearl

I'm sure DJ and PMT know how to use the internet and social media crap, but I guess they just choose not too, and I understand why they wouldn't want to. I don't really see smartphones and social media as "technological advancement" the way most people do. I see them as totally unecessary, my idea of technological advancement is the sci-fi type stuff, not this garbage that's been put out in the past decade and that everyone is crazy for and think they are so "cool" and "savvy" for using it. I don't really see the point in using a stupid phone for everything, and it's led to people being glued to them to the point where they are oblivious to what's going around them. People behave in moronic ways, such as driving while looking at their phones and blocking the way in front of you when you're walking, because they're too dumb/rude to realize that someone is behind them, or generally being rude and ignoring you. I see that type of behavior everywhere I go on a daily basis. They text and check facebook and instagram every five minutes as if it were something important, when it's nothing but some stupid popularity and attention-seeking contest they have. What is up with people constantly feeling the need to post their picture and see how many likes and comments they get? It's a very pathetic way to boost self-esteem, and I remember the days when the social media crap didn't exist. When I was in high school, and it wasn't even that long ago, we actually went outside and lived life. Nowadays it seems like no one is actually living. They spend all their time posting status updates, that it's all so contrived and fake, and it's not really experiencing life. Nowadays, people have become isolated and it's harder to make real friends, because their idea of "friends" is people they have following them on twitter or facebook, or instagram, or reading their blog. People just don't go out and talk and enjoy things the way they used to, at least not the younger generation. Everyone just wants to emulate these superficial "celebrities" and their million idiotic followers. I can completely understand why PMT and DJ wouldn't want to be a part of that, and I really hate social media and I don't think it's doing anything to advance society at all. In fact, in a lot of ways, society has been going backwards and degrading in the past decade or so. Things like the noticeable decline of fashion, music, film/television, the economy, education, all signs of massive cultural decay. 

People got by just fine before cell phones and the Internet. I remember those days as a kid and it was a lot better. You sought out information in other ways, like the newspaper, or tuning in to the evening news. If you missed it, you just waited until tomorrow. If you were out of the house, you were unreachable; if someone wanted to call you, they'd leave a message on your answering machine at home. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm sure DJ and PMT know how to use the internet and social media crap, but I guess they just choose not too, and I understand why they wouldn't want to. I don't really see smartphones and social media as "technological advancement" the way most people do. I see them as totally unecessary, my idea of technological advancement is the sci-fi type stuff, not this garbage that's been put out in the past decade and that everyone is crazy for and think they are so "cool" and "savvy" for using it. I don't really see the point in using a stupid phone for everything, and it's led to people being glued to them to the point where they are oblivious to what's going around them. People behave in moronic ways, such as driving while looking at their phones and blocking the way in front of you when you're walking, because they're too dumb/rude to realize that someone is behind them, or generally being rude and ignoring you. I see that type of behavior everywhere I go on a daily basis. They text and check facebook and instagram every five minutes as if it were something important, when it's nothing but some stupid popularity and attention-seeking contest they have. What is up with people constantly feeling the need to post their picture and see how many likes and comments they get? It's a very pathetic way to boost self-esteem, and I remember the days when the social media crap didn't exist. When I was in high school, and it wasn't even that long ago, we actually went outside and lived life. Nowadays it seems like no one is actually living. They spend all their time posting status updates, that it's all so contrived and fake, and it's not really experiencing life. Nowadays, people have become isolated and it's harder to make real friends, because their idea of "friends" is people they have following them on twitter or facebook, or instagram, or reading their blog. People just don't go out and talk and enjoy things the way they used to, at least not the younger generation. Everyone just wants to emulate these superficial "celebrities" and their million idiotic followers. I can completely understand why PMT and DJ wouldn't want to be a part of that, and I really hate social media and I don't think it's doing anything to advance society at all. In fact, in a lot of ways, society has been going backwards and degrading in the past decade or so. Things like the noticeable decline of fashion, music, film/television, the economy, education, all signs of massive cultural decay. 

Don Johnson has "whosay" and Facebook, though he only posts on it once a month, it's much more than I'd expect.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Don-Johnson-Official/699150263467388

• 2 weeks later...

I think I just may have found where PMT could actually have an official Facebook page. I went on & visited his daughter Imaj's Facebook page & usually just about every Throwback Thursday she'll post some kind of classic photo of her & her Dad (PMT). In this just past recent Thursday photo of him holding her when she was a baby, she shares a little story & etc. Under that photo, I read some of the comments & some fan shared a link to his Facebook page, his daughter clicked "Like" at this fan's shared PMT Facebook page link. I have not yet clicked on the link & checked it out but I would think if it wasn't his "actual/real" Facebook page why, would his daughter clicked "Like" from what a fan shared of her father?

Also I took the time & checked on that Sandi Moaris & PMT website & he has an "unofficial" website attached where it offers "contact" but I am not yet brave to try that. Anyone else? Once/"if" I get my nerve up, all I want to do is share how much I am a fan for when he was on Miami Vice & the films he has done, especially the Original Sparkle. Tell him thank you for all those years when he had shared his talent & that's it.  

I think I just may have found where PMT could actually have an official Facebook page. I went on & visited his daughter Imaj's Facebook page & usually just about every Throwback Thursday she'll post some kind of classic photo of her & her Dad (PMT). In this just past recent Thursday photo of him holding her when she was a baby, she shares a little story & etc. Under that photo, I read some of the comments & some fan shared a link to his Facebook page, his daughter clicked "Like" at this fan's shared PMT Facebook page link. I have not yet clicked on the link & checked it out but I would think if it wasn't his "actual/real" Facebook page why, would his daughter clicked "Like" from what a fan shared of her father?

Also I took the time & checked on that Sandi Moaris & PMT website & he has an "unofficial" website attached where it offers "contact" but I am not yet brave to try that. Anyone else? Once/"if" I get my nerve up, all I want to do is share how much I am a fan for when he was on Miami Vice & the films he has done, especially the Original Sparkle. Tell him thank you for all those years when he had shared his talent & that's it.  

Because Imaj clicks a like to all who comment.

She does not do it trivial.

She shows her respect and let the writer know 'I did recognize your words, thank you!'.

As long as she does not go into a real conversation a like with her is not meant as approval.

She made crystal clear that her Dad does not own an account at any social network.

I posted a screenshot about her PM to me.

I am sorry but all the hope in this link is lost of time.

Be brave please. Go for that website and tell what you wish to tell.

Probably there your chance is given - try it :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Because Imaj clicks a like to all who comment.

She does not do it trivial.

She shows her respect and let the writer know 'I did recognize your words, thank you!'.

As long as she does not go into a real conversation a like with her is not meant as approval.

She made crystal clear that her Dad does not own an account at any social network.

I posted a screenshot about her PM to me.

I am sorry but all the hope in this link is lost of time.

Be brave please. Go for that website and tell what you wish to tell.

Probably there your chance is given - try it :thumbsup: 

Thanks for explaining this to me, that makes sense. Over he does not have a social account period.

I finally found the nerve to do it a couple of days ago. Thanks for the encouragement. I went on that website that he & Sandi share on the "Contact Us", it went straight to PMT page. The only thing though....I messed up few of my words (probably because I was so nervous & my mind was racing). For an example, instead of "bias" I accidently used "basis" in trying to describe how much I like the original Sparkle than the remake. & I also forgot to add couple of other films he did with legends like Dean Martin in Mr. Rico & that film he did with Lauren Bacall. Oh well, it has been days I haven't gotten a reply. I didn't ask for one anyways I just explained how much I simply wanted to express how much I am a fan & was thankful for him to even wanted to share his talent with us. I didn't want him to think I was only aware of him as an actor so I mentioned his music he has done over the years as well. I guess he got my message, who knows. I think Sandi is over the complete website, I don't think my message sounded stalkerish or crazy. I never mentioned anything like about him being attractive or anything in that nature of trying to get with him, nothing like that. Just simply, I admire his work & always thought he was talented & wanted to share that with him. That was it.

• Like 1

Thanks for explaining this to me, that makes sense. Over he does not have a social account period.

I finally found the nerve to do it a couple of days ago. Thanks for the encouragement. I went on that website that he & Sandi share on the "Contact Us", it went straight to PMT page. The only thing though....I messed up few of my words (probably because I was so nervous & my mind was racing). For an example, instead of "bias" I accidently used "basis" in trying to describe how much I like the original Sparkle than the remake. & I also forgot to add couple of other films he did with legends like Dean Martin in Mr. Rico & that film he did with Lauren Bacall. Oh well, it has been days I haven't gotten a reply. I didn't ask for one anyways I just explained how much I simply wanted to express how much I am a fan & was thankful for him to even wanted to share his talent with us. I didn't want him to think I was only aware of him as an actor so I mentioned his music he has done over the years as well. I guess he got my message, who knows. I think Sandi is over the complete website, I don't think my message sounded stalkerish or crazy. I never mentioned anything like about him being attractive or anything in that nature of trying to get with him, nothing like that. Just simply, I admire his work & always thought he was talented & wanted to share that with him. That was it.

I am so glad you did it.

Do not care about the typos.

YOU DID IT - that is the only what counts.

What you wanted and finally have told separates you to the good ones.

You showed your admiration with brain ;) !

VIPs... they are humans like you and I.

I know exactly how fast your heart was beating and sweated fingers typed that message.

My 'first times' were awfully.

Lol... I definitely remind it with shudder.

Thanks for sharing your big moment with us !!

• Like 1

I am so glad you did it.

Do not care about the typos.

YOU DID IT - that is the only what counts.

What you wanted and finally have told separates you to the good ones.

You showed your admiration with brain ;) !

VIPs... they are humans like you and I.

I know exactly how fast your heart was beating and sweated fingers typed that message.

My 'first times' were awfully.

Lol... I definitely remind it with shudder.

Thanks for sharing your big moment with us !!

Thanks!

:cheers:

• Like 1