Noogie on the Radio 1988

miamijimf

Great recording.  Charlie Barnett was a guest on a Miami talk radio show.  It helps explain why he was cut from Vice.  I was in Miami at this time and would have gone to see Charlie perform at this comedy club if I had known about it.  I don't know the rest of Charlie's story after 1988 but he passed too soon.  This link was posted on Facebook by Michael Talbott. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMYypDltio&feature=youtu.be

• Like 3

sorry, unfortunatelly i can nont watch this video . :);(

Sorry Brother.  Other members in Germany (I assume that's where you are) are able to watch youtube videos.  In this case it's the audio, not the video, that is interesting.   

• 2 weeks later...

This was a very interesting broadcast with Noogie!  I sure learned stuff. I now know why he didn't do more episodes, why Izzy was brought in, and what his future plans were.

GREAT POST MIAMIJIMF!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Very interesting interview. The Don Johnson imitation was brutal! But good to hear the insight with the Noogie character.  No love lost, apparently between Martin Ferrero and Barnett.  But I think Barnett was reading too much in to it.  An actor doesn't have that kind of pull on a show.  Especially a supporting character.  It's entirely up to the producers and writers.  

A shame Barnett left us way too soon.