"SECOND SEASON SURVIVOR" MIAMI VICE CAST & CREW SHIRT!

COOPER&BURNETT

This is a very rare Cast and Crew shirt that was given to MIAMI VICE editor, MIKE SCHULTE. I aquired this shirt when I purchased several of his MIAMI VICE Crew items.

crewitem003_zps2f63de73.jpg

Another Miamiviceonline exclusive!!

Edited by KaeptnCaipi
  • Like 7

As you can see, the shirt was well worn and washed over the years in 1985-1986 (30 years ago) by it's owner, Mike. (He may very well have worn this shirt in late 1986-1987 while he was editing season 3 episodes in Los Angeles!) 

crewitem006_zps3c6af829.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

Here's a close up shot of the shirt label so you can see who made it. The size is a Medium. Mike is not a big guy at the time, and he was also younger then. Also note, shirt sizes in those days were not quite the same as todays shirts. People didn't wear the loose fitting clothes like today.

crewitem005_zpsbb4689f0.jpg

P.S., I really like the zoom on my new camera. I can zoom in for more detail on items than I could before!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

I like that zoom tooooooooooo !!  :D  :D 

That shirt is great - that is so much MV !!
Have not known there are special cloth items in this 'funny' way.
2nd season survivor....  :)  (guy, be glad you were part of it at all !!!) 

Gosh... if only those 'pieces' could sit down and type their story.
Who touched it, who did wear it?

THANKS HEAPS Coop !!!
What a good start  :thumbsup:  :balloon:

Edited by bluepearl

I like that zoom tooooooooooo !!  :D  :D 

That shirt is great - that is so much MV !!

Have not known there are special cloth items in this 'funny' way.

2nd season survivor....  :)  (guy, be glad you were part of it at all !!!) 

Gosh... if only those 'pieces' could sit down and type their story.

Who touched it, who did wear it?

THANKS HEAPS Coop !!!

What a good start  :thumbsup:  :balloon:

Thanks bluepearl! Yep, there's humor in the shirt. I also have posted in the scrapbook section a "Season 3 "survivor" cast and crew patch". At least we know in this particular case that Mike Schulte, and editor for all five seasons of Miami Vice, from the first episode to the last, owned this shirt. I too, wish these items could talk so we could hear all the stories!

Yeah, the zoom is much better than my old camera. My old camera did not have the ability to take zoom shots, so everything was always blurry. Not any more, this one can even go micro!   

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

:cool: shirt love the colors. What a prize a good friend would say also.We missed you Coop and this is a priceless item thanks for sharing with us.

You are more than welcome alleycat. I've never seen one before, so it's safe to say most members here haven't seen one either. That's another reason members should visit a site like this, as this is really the only place one can discover such items anywhere in the world.

I am sure about the fact this one lived its life in full.
Tells us one more: Production team took care about a real good quality.
There are shirts just by that time in the 80s you could wash for two times and only throw them into waste afterwards.

Mike will have loved to wear it.

I have a question more.
This Mike - what means that... EDITOR of all 5 seasons.
What was his special job he 'edited' Coop.
You will have talked to him.
Are there any details about?

I am sure about the fact this one lived its life in full.

Tells us one more: Production team took care about a real good quality.

There are shirts just by that time in the 80s you could wash for two times and only throw them into waste afterwards.

Mike will have loved to wear it.

I have a question more.

This Mike - what means that... EDITOR of all 5 seasons.

What was his special job he 'edited' Coop.

You will have talked to him.

Are there any details about?

The cast and crew clothing for the most part was of good material. There were a few things that were a little on the cheaper side, usually things the studio didn't provide. Gifts by cast members were usually fair quality, because they needed to buy lots of them, and have them them made with custom logos etc. The cheapest quality clothes for MIAMI VICE were clothes that they made forthemselves for the pilot episode. Usually, they just brought in their own clothes (shirts and jackets) and the old style MIAMI VICE logo (with the cigarette boat carrying drugs with bullet holes in the boat) and made them themselves. The studio didn't provide those. Season 2, UNIVERSAL had the official MIAMI VICE crew jackets made, and those were hand made by a great company that makes hand made jackets. From then on, the shirts that were given to the cast and crew (such as this shirt) were of normal quality that could be purchased in bulk. I'd say the quality matches t-shirts made today.

On your second question, This shirt is from the collection of MICHAEL SCHULTE, who was a member of the POST PRODUCTION UNIT on MIAMI VICE for all five seasons of the series. This is now part of my personal collection.I purchased it, and other items DIRECTLY from Mr. Schulte. He started on the very first show as just a kid out of High School He said out of the crew, he may be the one person who remained for every single show for all seasons!

Here's a link to what I wrote about him. Most of it is in his own words. It's a very interesting read!! You will learn stuff you never new about MIAMI VICE!

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/8806-qa-with-miami-vice-post-production-crew-member/

Saddly, even though he became a member here, he decided not to join us, and backed out of the question and answers. Too bad, would have been cool. 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

Thanks for explaining about the quality with clothes.
Makes a lot of sense to start very cheap. 
Isn't it crazy that even in the quality with clothes kind a like a story of success is told in the review?
Impressive to me.

Read the thread you opened about Michael. :thumbsup: 
Definitely pity he never came up to here to take this small time to answer the questions members had on their hearts.
Some are really interesting.

Sorry...

but that with the 'I'm not able to register' is such an overstressed excuse  :birdie: ....
Would have been better to tell straight away: I am not interested.
But that needs balls - I know ... I know. :cool: 

Very interesting information, thank you C&B!  I read the other thread with Michael Schulte also.  What a bummer things didn't work out.  It would have been amazing to read the answers to all the great questions posed.  Ah well, maybe someday.   :D

Way cool shirt!  Even thought it's 30 years old and has been through the washer and dryer a few times, those fantastic Miami Vice colors still pop!

perfect, this is so cool T shirt  pal :) :thumbsup: :cool: ;)

Yeah, it's cool, and rare!

Very interesting information, thank you C&B!  I read the other thread with Michael Schulte also.  What a bummer things didn't work out.  It would have been amazing to read the answers to all the great questions posed.  Ah well, maybe someday.   :D

I really with he would have not changed his mind. We could have learned something new.

Amazing it survived all these years!

Thanks for posting Coop!

We got lucky with this Stinger! Who knows how many still exist?

Way cool shirt!  Even thought it's 30 years old and has been through the washer and dryer a few times, those fantastic Miami Vice colors still pop!

They sure do!! The colors are still bright in 2015!

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd bring this back up. I posted it in Feb., and think some members haven't seen it yet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great comment MetroVice! I too wear my clothes a bit looser now.  The shirt is RARE!