Any Lady still owns this bathing suit ?

bluepearl

Well Melanie Griffith posted today this image having little baby girl Dakota on her arm.
What definitely catched my eyes is the bathing suit she wears in this image by 1990.

Anyone there who reminds this item or even owned (owns) it ?

20876112is.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

This would be very very rare, I'd imagine. It's possible that it was exclusive for the female cast & crew only. Good luck on your search for one. Contacting Melanie might be a good place to start, she may be able to give you some information on it, whether it was exclusive, so you would know how rare it might be. Heck, it could even be a one-off.

This is a very nice photo though, got Miami Vice and a recently born Dakota. It just makes you smile, does it not?

This would be very very rare, I'd imagine. It's possible that it was exclusive for the female cast & crew only. Good luck on your search for one. Contacting Melanie might be a good place to start, she may be able to give you some information on it, whether it was exclusive, so you would know how rare it might be. Heck, it could even be a one-off.

This is a very nice photo though, got Miami Vice and a recently born Dakota. It just makes you smile, does it not?

Actually a good idea - I could contact Mel, at least to verify how exclusive the item was at all.

Will do :thumbsup: .

Mostly she is open to answer requests.

James yes, it gave me a smile too and this just beause of that Dakota affects very free and open on her arms.

Lol, I think anyone took her attention and was joking from ground - maybe the Johnson dog was her little entertainer then.

I am pretty sure any person familiar has taken this image. Probably a nanny or Daddy himself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo I found in my MIAMI VICE photo archives. Saddly, there is no information about it, or which company made it.

BATHINGSUIT_zpsfd62059a.jpg

• Administrators

Here's a photo I found in my MIAMI VICE photo archives. Saddly, there is no information about it, or which company made it.

That's a different one. Still cool though, for a woman...

Nice find bluepearl!

I'm curious if COOP had owned it his collection he would have aleady done a "me in my new Miami Vice bathing suit" topic? :-D

Edited by Christian
  • Like 3

Nice find bluepearl!

I'm curious if COOP had owned it his collection he would have aleady done a "me in my new Miami Vice bathing suit" topic? :-D

OH CHRISTIAN !!!!!! LOLOLOLLLLL !!!!!!

:)  :D  :fireworks:

Coop, that's a wonderful find.

I like this one too - even in same amount like the white one.

This is to me simply MORE MV !

Right Colors, right logo and not fixed to ONE 'main actor' on the t*ts! 

To me the white is made to collect, not to use. Not then, not now.

The skyline one is made for public use ! THEN and NOW !!!

Well - it was not only exclusive to the staff around Vice.

It actuallly was possible to buy for each one.

Only the company then sent 'loads' of this to the vice production. No wonder, best advert ever.

The company is not known.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah...I don't think, that this is something you'd want to wear anyway. Certainly not as a guy, but also not as a woman, if it's vintage and already worn. At least to me, it might feel like wearing other people's used underpants.

A couple of years ago, I found an old pair of speedos in my closet. These fabrics don't really age very well. I don't know if it's the chloride or salt in the water, but lycra or spandex deteriorates after a couple of years. You can stretch it, but only once, and it stays in that shape.

You're in for a big surprise, if you don't check stuff like this before use.

• Like 1

Yes, it definitely couldn't have been exclusive for cast and crew...because it looks like an advertisement, like the MV t-shirts I've seen. Back then, it was something that if you liked the show and were a big fan of it, you'd wear it, like people sometimes wear t-shirts with their favorite bands' logos on them. Whatever company made doesn't do so anymore, and I'm not sure I'd want to wear someone's second-hand bathing suit that's 25 years old. I guess it's one of those things that's gone with the era.