Larry Isn't Zito's First Name & Other Oddities!

COOPER&BURNETT

THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIZARRO THEAD. THOUGHT YOU KNEW IT ALL? THIS THREAD WILL PROVE WE STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN, WHICH IS WHY IT'S SO IMPORTANT TO POST ON THIS SITE, AND KEEP VISITING!

CHECK THIS OUT, LARRY ISN'T ZITO's FIRST NAME....IT'S HIS MIDDLE NAME! HIS FIRST NAME IS CARL!

carl001_zpsb3005411.jpg

HERE'S WHAT'S WRITTEN ON HIS "NEWS MEDIA CRIME SCENE" I.D. TAG.

ZITO CARL L.

391 N.E. 15TH STREET

1170 MIDDLE RIVER DRI

9 / 11 / 49   6' 4" 169

OFFICER ZITO

carl004_zpsf0e6fd15.jpg

carl005_zps21396100.jpg

WANT MORE BIZARRO STUFF?  O.K..

SWITEK IS WEARING TUBBS I.D. TAG!

002_zps727fe031.jpg

carl003_zps33931e0a.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

HERE'S WHAT'S WRITTEN ON SWITEK's I.D. TAG...

TUBBS RICARDO

191 N.E. 15TH STREET

305 DIXIE WAY

6 / 13 / 46  5' 10"  175

OFFICER TUBBS

MORE BIZARRO YOU SAY?  SURE, FINE.

ACCORDING TO THE I.D. TAGS, BOTH TUBBS AND ZITO LIVE OFF THE SAME STREET! THEY BOTH LIVE OFF N.E. 15TH STREET.

That's so sweet. I wonder if they carpool?

WHAT?  MORE? EVEN MORE YOU SAY???  OH, HECK, WHY NOT.

TAKE A LOOK AT THE CLOTHES IN THE PHOTOS.

SWITEK AND ZITO ARE WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES THAT THEY ARE WEARING IN THE I.D.PHOTOS!

carl001_zpsb3005411.jpg

carl005_zps21396100.jpg

002_zps727fe031.jpg

carl006_zps1c335a07.jpg

YOUR KILL'IN ME! YOU STILL WANT MORE???  MORE????  O.K., FINE, ONE MORE BIZARRO THING.

WHO THE HECK IS IN THE PICTURE ON SWITEK's I.D.?? DOESN'T LOOK LIKE STAN TO ME.

carl2003_zps601f96ae.jpg

READ MORE ABOUT IT ON ANOTHER THREAD I STARTED IN THE SCRAPBOOK SECTION...

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/1124-switeks-id-not-his-picture-photos/

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Coop, I don't think Larry was 6'4" as compaired to the other actors. I read his height on the id as being 6' 1/2" which I think would be a little more acceptable. 6'4" is massive in terms of height.

Also, Stan at 175#s? LOL. Maybe that was during his acadamy days and they never changed it. ;-)

Good find!

THANKS TIMM525! Nope, Larry....I mean Carl, wasn't 6'4" or nearly 170lbs. Then again, STAN wasn't 175lb, as that's TUBBS's I.D. card, not Stan's!! :eek:    

ALSO NOTICED THAT ACCORDING TO THE I.D. CARDS, ZITO IS THREE YEARS OLDER THAN TUBBS!

(why does tubbs have the gold badge then, and not larry?)

TUBBS BORN 6 / 13 / 46

ZITO BORN 9 / 11 / 49

O.K.......TOO MANY BIZARRO THINGS HERE.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE AMERICAN, ZITO's birthday is on the ill fated day, SEPT. 11th, better known in the U.S.A. as 911.

That's the day the twin towers of the World Trade Center in NEW YORK were attacked by terrorists who flew two sepearate commercial airliners into the towers killing 2,996 people.

LARRY ZITO's character was from NEW YORK (Staten Island) and (besides Lou Rodriguez) was the only main character from MIAMI VICE to have been killed.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

EARTH TO CROCKETT, EARTH TO TUBBS, I'VE GIVEN DARN NEAR ALL THE INFO I CAN DIG UP!

YET, I STILL HAVE MORE INFO. 

THE ADDRESSES PROVIDED ON THE I.D.s SHOW THAT THESE WOULD ACTUALLY BE LOCATED IN  FORT LAUDERDALE FL. HERE's THE ROUTE ZITO AND TUBBS WOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL TO GET TO MIAMI. WHEN ZITO DIED, AND THEY WENT TO HIS APARTMENT, HE WAS LIVING IN MIAMI AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&output=classic&dg=brw

ALSO, THE HOMES OUT IN FORT LAUDERDALE FL FOR N.E. 15th STREET WOULD BE WAY, WAAAAAY OUT OF THIER PRICE RANGE!

https://www.google.com/search?q=N.E.+15TH+STREET+FORT+LAUDERDALE+FL&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&biw=1280&bih=717&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZBrYVMP1Obb7sATSoYC4DA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

• Like 1

WTH?!?

This is really bizzar.

I guess nobody of the equipment team thought this would be ever really looked exactly.

WTH?!?

This is really bizzar.

I guess nobody of the equipment team thought this would be ever really looked exactly.

Nope, they really didn't give it too much thought, as these were worn on promotional photos, and were not actually used in the show. However, zito's I.D. had a glimpse of what the writers figured his real name really was. Tubbs didn't have a middle name on his I.D.. 

Yeah, mind blow for sure. Never knew. How would I. Although I seem to remeber hearing Switek say carl at some point in the show. Maybe it was a different character he was talking about. Next run through I'll try to catch it.

Yeah, mind blow for sure. Never knew. How would I. Although I seem to remeber hearing Switek say carl at some point in the show. Maybe it was a different character he was talking about. Next run through I'll try to catch it.

Interesting. I remember Switek saying "Carla" to the hooker in STREETWISE.  I only remember Zito being called lar, larry, lawrence, and zito. If you find where Switek calls Larry "Carl", please, post it here! :thumbsup::cheers:

JESUS !
I can not count anymore how often I looked at this image - I shared this image - I liked this image.
And now you come up with all these bizarr points with this promotion image.

We all know there are still more by this photo shooting in which are introduced all the actors even up to Caroline.
I am sure this shooting was taken before the first set was done.

As often it shows again that the start got cared about like a 'joke' - do not mind that word.

But they did care too less about the possible developments in the future.

No one by the producers did think that they are working and creating THE SHOW of the 80s if not up to now at all.

I am impressed with all what you are discovering in this image, Coop. :dance2:  :fireworks: 
And no... I never heart with the eps that Zito got called Carl.  ?(

Lol... tg... Carl to that guy is... :wuerg: !

• Like 1

Those pics must have been taken at the beginning of the show or something????

Maybe that is why Stan has Tubbs tag on?

Maybe he picket the nametag up by mistake and just snapped it on to appease the photographer?

Quite the snafu!

Those pics must have been taken at the beginning of the show or something????

Maybe that is why Stan has Tubbs tag on?

Maybe he picket the nametag up by mistake and just snapped it on to appease the photographer?

Quite the snafu!

Yep, these photos were taken before filming. They were publicity shots. Saundra wasn't in any of them, as she was still in NEW YORK when the photos were taken of the group, and the individual members. I suspect that they just kinda rushed everything to get these shots, and threw it together not thinking freaks like me would zoom in on the I.D.s years later with a digital zoom. They just wanted to get the right "feel" for the show.

I seem to remember Crockett in an publicity shot wearing a two tone Rolex, and not the solid Gold color ones he eventually wore.

• Like 2

:eek: nobody would notice this Coop but you found this wacky info and have the proof its like we all have been under a rock or mars.Thanks for sharing this news Coop

• Like 1

:eek: nobody would notice this Coop but you found this wacky info and have the proof its like we all have been under a rock or mars.Thanks for sharing this news Coop

Your very welcome alleycat. I must admit I am pretty happy how this thread turned out. It was interesting.