Larry Isn't Zito's First Name & Other Oddities!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

The only time I remember hearing Switek say the name Carl was in "Walk-Alone"   The convict with the eyepatch that helped Switek & Zito was named Carl.

Plus, that was a very early promotion photo. They probably decided to change Zito's name afterwards. Same for the I.D. tags. probably just threw them on for a quick photo shoot. I'm sure they never thought that a bunch of fanatics would be dissecting this stuff 30 years later!  Still a pretty cool find.

WANT MORE BIZARRO STUFF?  O.K..

SWITEK IS WEARING TUBBS I.D. TAG!

002_zps727fe031.jpg

carl003_zps33931e0a.jpg

It has Tubbs' info but not his picture!!!  ????

Edited by Tony D.

• Administrators

HERE'S WHAT'S WRITTEN ON SWITEK's I.D. TAG...

TUBBS RICARDO

191 N.E. 15TH STREET

305 DIXIE WAY

6 / 13 / 46  5' 10"  175

OFFICER TUBBS

Yeah! Thanks for posting that. I remember Mike talking about this issue on one of the FTR's. I guess I have to watch the DVDs again :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is cool finding out the character's ages and birthdates. Now we can compile a list of the ages they were. So Tubbs was three years older than Zito. Where's Sonny's I.D.? I've seen his birth year listed as 1950, but not sure if that's correct. I like stuff like this, it makes the immersion aspect better.

Edited by viceystyle
  • Like 1

One thing that I liked, that also made the immersion aspect great for me, was reading JOHN DIEHL's actual written back story on his Character, ZITO. He wrote out what he believed his character liked, didn't like, where he was born etc. etc. etc.. Interestingly, these things he wrote on that paper when he got the job, actually became part of the character, and was used on the show!

I posted what John Diehl wrote about Zito years ago on .org years ago. Can't remember if I posted it here.

When John Diehl was hired for the part of ZITO, his character had not been fully developed. He took it upon himself to write a BIO about ZITO. Here's what John Diehl wrote about Zito on a piece of paper before the pilot episode:

Larry is thirty-four years old, born and raised on Staten Island. The Statue Of Liberty is very important to him - it's a figure from his childhood and background and as he's gotten older, he's realized and appreciated it as a symbol of freedom and liberty. Larry's favorite color is emerald green. His Favorite food is Gnocci (his father made it great.) Gnocci is a potato noodle - something like the combination of his ancestry - his mom is Irish and his dad is Italian. Larry is well organized. He used to be a funiture mover so he's used to making lists, and putting everything in it's place. He's quite intolerant of disorganization. His mother's brother - his favorite Uncle - was a cop in New York City. He was Larry's idol. As a kid, he would go to the office with him and walk the beat with him. As he got older, he did some drugs until his little brother overdosed and died. At that point, Larry decided to be a cop. It seemed right and good that he could help and be a service to people. He became very anti-drug and eventually specialized in narcotics. Zito was married once, divorced. He now has a girlfriend. They live seperately in a hard-to-be-together, hard-not-to-be-together relationship. His appartment is in the South Beach deco area. Zito has been a cop for five years, first as a patrolman in NY. He has been in Miami two years and started in Vice with Switek. He likes VICE- the hours, being outside, the freedom, meeting new people, the adventure and intrigue. He hates sitting

in a car surveillance for hours. He drinks too much coffee. He drives a blue-green '70 Fleetwood Cadillac named Ricky.

• Like 1

Much of what he wrote did end up in MIAMI VICE!

He did drink too much coffee (Cafe Cubano), he was from New York Staten Island (He mentioned putting money into the Statue of Liberty if he was rich), He had a brother that died of an overdose (Stan mentioned this in Zito's last episodes), He did live in an apartment in the south beach deco area (Seen after Zito was killed), Everything was neat in his apartment.

See, some of this stuff did make it into the show!

• 1 year later...

Oooh I haven't been on here for a while and look at this interesting thread I missed.  I tried for ages to get an old MD-PD News Media ID card from my sources in the Dept.  Unfortunately, I only got Refs for the HQ's ID badges which were similar but not exactly like these ones.  Incidentaly the HQ cards are the same layout used in CSI Miami.