Going to Miami 2015!

Bilders

Hey guys and girls,

My wife and I are in the process of selling our house and moving to another state. And we thought that after settlement is the best time to finally go overseas. And my lovely wife has accepted for our first to be to South Beach and other parts of the USA!

Now with that in mind, can anybody make any recommendations? We would most likely be going in April. Is this a good time of year?

Any advice is appreciated!

I don't live in Miami, but I suspect that April is ideal because the weather is not too hot but it isn't as crowded with tourists and snowbirds as in January and February. 

As to the issue of visiting Miami Vice locations, do you have certain episodes that you liked a lot?  I would recommend you spend some time thinking about this because the better you have your trip planned out the more efficiently you can use your time. 

• Administrators

That's awesome, Bilders! I'm totally jealous. :p

April seems like a good time to go, it'll be just before the summer, before the storm season, right? 

• Like 1

Will you wear any pastels, or dress MIAMI VICE style while you are there?

Also, will you take pictures of your trip there, and post them for us to see?

That's great Bilders I know you'll have a good time. I make trips down there more than once a year. I agree planning what sites to see based on your favorite episodes works well. If you have any questions about what Vice sites are still there (things are always changing) or where to stay, let me know.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

In terms of site visits, mine would be based heavily around the first season and these episodes:

Bushido

Definitely Miami

Shadow in the Dark

The Savage

Deliver Us From Evil

Mirror Image

Freefall

Any feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to provide an update. My move up north has provided a huge stumbling block in regards to work. From April 2015 when I moved, I have only worked for 3 months since that time. Luckily my wife has had a great job in her nursing field. We're getting remarried in August and the plan was to go to Miami for the honeymoon. But since I am not working again it's unlikely. However, where there's a will there's a way in the future. I have a fantastic life up here. Only being out of work is the sole thing that I would like to change. So watch this space, the only luxury dream I have of going to Miami is still going to happen!

On 5/16/2016 at 0:05 PM, Bilders said:

Just wanted to provide an update. My move up north has provided a huge stumbling block in regards to work. From April 2015 when I moved, I have only worked for 3 months since that time. Luckily my wife has had a great job in her nursing field. We're getting remarried in August and the plan was to go to Miami for the honeymoon. But since I am not working again it's unlikely. However, where there's a will there's a way in the future. I have a fantastic life up here. Only being out of work is the sole thing that I would like to change. So watch this space, the only luxury dream I have of going to Miami is still going to happen!

Keep positive I hope it works out for you . Miami isnt cheap unless you stay in some of the hostels - even then the quality can be poor :dance2::dance2: