Miami Vice Online Official Wallpapers

James

On ‎04‎-‎04‎-‎2016 at 1:39 PM, James said:

By the time a crop it and all, the face will be taking up almost the whole screen. Not sure it'll look good.  But if you really want me too...

Which episode is that from? 

"Blood and Roses." Well, you could try, but do you need to crop it?

Or this one instead from the pilot?

e9HDMEA.jpg?1

It seem the images disappear, when I delete them from the site, where I uploaded them.

Edited by summer84
Upload "disappeared" image again

• Administrators

Hmm... I'll try find something suitable whenever I feel like doing another one. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2016 at 10:40 PM, James said:

Ugh... I think I lost the magic touch. Should I re-do this one? 

GoldenTrianglePt2Neo.jpg

I really like this one....:thumbsup:   

Thanks James!  

15 hours ago, James said:

Hmm... I'll try find something suitable whenever I feel like doing another one. 

I had really hoped one of those two images could work, but thanks anyway.

Edited by summer84

• Administrators
10 hours ago, summer84 said:

I had really hoped one of those two images could work, but thanks anyway.

Well, the Hulu version of the pilot is a much higher quality so I'd rather just take a snapshot of the same scene with the higher quality version. 

• Administrators

When I was scrolling through the pilot I came across this scene and thought since I hadn't done much of Tubbs, I may as well... 

Edit: Fixed the colours. Now Rico's skin colour is more natural.
BrothersKeeperTubbs2.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice images James.  I know I'm showing my computer ignorance here but what is a wallpaper image and how do you create it?  Thanks

• Administrators
11 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Very nice images James.  I know I'm showing my computer ignorance here but what is a wallpaper image and how do you create it?  Thanks

A "wallpaper" is the background image on your computer's desktop. 

How do I create these poster art style images? I use Photoshop, and a few plugins on Photoshop. First I make the image more vibrant, to enhance it a bit, sharpen the edges, etc. Then use another plugin which cleans the image up, it removes the details, uses less shades of colours, so that we get the art/cartoon effect. 

But it also makes it possible to have a Miami Vice scene you might like as your background image without it looking all stretched and fuzzy since I render these images in a 1080p resolution.

They're inspired by the official Grand Theft Auto artworks. 
GTA-V-wallpaper-3.jpg

• Like 2

James, I use a very old Photoshop Elements (2.0) program to manipulate photos, and I have a set of Redfield plugins I use (mainly the seamless tile).  Pretty sure it is lacking some of the filters/effects/brushes, etc. that you have, but do you mind naming the specific tools and plugins you use?  Your work is beautiful. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

James, I use a very old Photoshop Elements (2.0) program to manipulate photos, and I have a set of Redfield plugins I use (mainly the seamless tile).  Pretty sure it is lacking some of the filters/effects/brushes, etc. that you have, but do you mind naming the specific tools and plugins you use?  Your work is beautiful. 

Photoshop CS5.1. And the plugins are from Topaz Labs and are called Topaz Adjust and Topaz Clean. 

First I use adjust to make it more vibrant, which brings out all the bumps and edges, so that when I use "Clean" which gives it the cartoon effect, it comes out in a higher quality. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Trying something a little different... 
BrothersKeeperMon2.jpg

Originally wanted to make a sort of movie poster thing, but ended up doing this instead. :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, James said:

Trying something a little different... 
BrothersKeeperMon2.jpg

Originally wanted to make a sort of movie poster thing, but ended up doing this instead. :)

Excellent! Beginning and end of Part 1!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bilders said:

Excellent! Beginning and end of Part 1!

I didn't think of it like that, I just chose those images because I thought they were the best for what I had in mind. The way their heads are turned. With Tubbs we can see his left cheek more, and with Crockett it's his right cheek. lol

Very cool!

May I suggest you put a space the "VICE" letters in the logo? That is if you want it to look more authentic. I understand if you are making it different on purpose. 

Like this:

MIAMI

V I C E

Regardless, the designs are great. Thanks for sharing!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, nofretz said:

Very cool!

May I suggest you put a space the "VICE" letters in the logo? That is if you want it to look more authentic. I understand if you are making it different on purpose. 

Like this:

MIAMI

V I C E

Regardless, the designs are great. Thanks for sharing!

True. I thought something looked off with the logo. :) I made it over a year ago I just import it to all of my projects when I want the logo, so maybe I should make a new one for next time.

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

James.......I'm amazed at how clear & sharp your pictures are. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

James.......I'm amazed at how clear & sharp your pictures are. :thumbsup:

Me too ! these wallpapers are wonderful :D

12 hours ago, James said:

True. I thought something looked off with the logo.  I made it over a year ago I just import it to all of my projects when I want the logo, so maybe I should make a new one for next time.

:)

Either way, it's really great work. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.