My Miami Vice inspired guest room

Christian

I recently made up my mind how i could get my guest room a little bit more Vice style...

So i looked here and there in my Miami Vice treasure chest and found some items i could use...

I installed a self made Miami Vice style neon lamp (thanks to my man COOPER&BURNETT aka COOP for all the great advices) and some pictures i 've found.

Only had to blow the dust of it.

Anyone likes to stay at my guest room guys?!? ;-)

post-938-0-88991500-1424822048_thumb.jpg

post-938-0-99464200-1424822061_thumb.jpg

post-938-0-09261900-1424822105_thumb.jpg

post-938-0-05841800-1424822142_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet.

The posters reminded me that I need to get mine framed someday. 

It has that little wear and tear for a poster that is 30+ years of age already.

Are you planning on having any plants placed there? They really freshen out the air,

and complete the "Vice" look a bit more. I'm thinking of getting a bamboo plant myself,

amongst couple of others. 

I think that bamboo especially, has a doze of that Castillo-feel,

due to them being grown mostly in Southeast Asia and other parts of the Orient. 

LUV IT Christian !!!

Seems I have to go for renting this room for a while!  :p  Would love it  :happy:

But... ah yes I know, not possible - we would loose our undercover state in this.

:thumbsup: Brilliant made. :clap: 

I am curious, if you have had guests over already - How was their reaction, please?
They know your passion to MV? 

hmm one of the things I noticed with my TR model, the make up edolin MV one,

http://miamiviceonline.com/uploads/gallery/album_5/gallery_471_5_26270.jpg

was that it actually looked best in sort of a non vice like room, so it may not be necessary to really rig up a room with vice colors or vice labeled items to give it a vice feel or flare.

a simple model or item in the room reminicent of the show might work all on its own without any changes. Hell right now my bedroom is kind of rigged up like Castilo's Office in its simplicity, plus crockett actually had a car model on the boat, a Silver TR namely.

Edited by Kavinsky

Very cool.  The ceiling lights give the room a particular 4th and 5th season vibe.

That was my goal CharlieGlide! :)  THX i appriciate it.

Sweet.

The posters reminded me that I need to get mine framed someday. 

It has that little wear and tear for a poster that is 30+ years of age already.

Are you planning on having any plants placed there? They really freshen out the air,

and complete the "Vice" look a bit more. I'm thinking of getting a bamboo plant myself,

amongst couple of others. 

I think that bamboo especially, has a doze of that Castillo-feel,

due to them being grown mostly in Southeast Asia and other parts of the Orient. 

Thank you Markwey...Maybe. But space and light is limited...

Cool! The colored neon reminds me of monochrome sequences, one of Mann's trademarks ;-)

Thank you Jerry!

LUV IT Christian !!!

Seems I have to go for renting this room for a while!  :p  Would love it  :happy:

But... ah yes I know, not possible - we would loose our undercover state in this.

:thumbsup: Brilliant made. :clap:

I am curious, if you have had guests over already - How was their reaction, please?

They know your passion to MV? 

Dankeschön!

No guest so far bluepearl.

If they don't know it they would realize it definately by now! :p 

That is so cool.  I was thinking how to convert one of the rooms in my house into a MV theme. 

Thank you Vicefan777! GO FOR IT! See COOPER&BURNETT's Miami Vice Scrapbook for great ideas buddy!

hmm one of the things I noticed with my TR model, the make up edolin MV one,

http://miamiviceonline.com/uploads/gallery/album_5/gallery_471_5_26270.jpg

was that it actually looked best in sort of a non vice like room, so it may not be necessary to really rig up a room with vice colors or vice labeled items to give it a vice feel or flare.

a simple model or item in the room reminicent of the show might work all on its own without any changes. Hell right now my bedroom is kind of rigged up like Castilo's Office in its simplicity, plus crockett actually had a car model on the boat, a Silver TR namely.

Kavinsky, you are right!

Got the same Testa in my living room.

Chistian, your place looks awesome!!!  I'd love to come and visit your place, as I'd feel right at home! 

Miami Vice Rules!

Chistian, your place looks awesome!!!  I'd love to come and visit your place, as I'd feel right at home! 

Miami Vice Rules!

Thanks a lot COOP!

You are in invited pal! :-)

I remember back in the days when i had so many questions about that Miami Vice-style lighting and you answered all of them patiently.