'80s fashion shows

Touch of Class

Here are some collections from Gianni Versace circa 1985-1986. They are very '80s. They mostly feature women's wear, but there is some menswear included as well. You may also catch one or two of Crockett's items, but as I understand it he never wore 'off the rack', so his wardrobes are rather unique, I imagine.

Spring/Summer 1985

Around 0:30 you may recognise that Rosella from 'Junk Love' has a very similar silver outfit.

Spring/Summer 1986 part 1

I love the part around 2:40!

Spring/Summer 1986 part 2

If you know of any other shows from whatever era that might fit the Vice aesthetic, do post them!

The model in the first video, at around 2:08 mark looks like Rachel Ward! She's an 80s icon for me. It's so weird seeing how the standard for women's beauty has really gone down the drain since then. Women had better hairstyles and didn't have that fake look that pervades the media as the standard now. This era is marked by the same clone hairstyle with the hair extensions and the same boring look. Also everyone seems to think that poufier type hairstyle are dated now. I really love all the blazers the women are wearing in these videos! And of course everyone had the big shoulder pads! I find that a lot of the 80s style was very unisex, both men and women looked good in buttoned shirts, pastel tees, blazers, fitted clothes, colorful clothes, etc. For women, I think the shoulder pads accentuated the hourglass type figure, which is what I try to go for, but too bad everyone thinks the shoulder pads are ugly now. My favorite style is the third video at the 2:18 mark, the model on the right's style. I pretty much like everything in here except for the baggier clothes, because I just don't like baggy clothes.

• Like 1