MIAMI VICE METRO DADE RAID JACKET!

COOPER&BURNETT

This is the exact same Metro Dade Police Raid Jacket that was seen on the police officers in the pilot episode of MIAMI VICE.

It can be seen in the scene after Eddie dies when the car explodes. Metro Dade Officers are walking around wearing these when Lou arrives at the scene under the underpass.

Jurassic Narc has a similar one, but his is actually a much higher quality than this one, as his is actually embroidered with the writing and badge logo, all embroidered. This one has silk screened writing and badge logo, just as it was seen in MIAMI VICE.

This one is an unused, mint condition jacket! If anyone would like to post a screen shot of the Police officers in the pilot episode wearing this jacket, that would help bring this jacket to life!

PICTUREOFTHEDAY001_zps4e5c7f4c.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY006_zps9d0ce3d3.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY004_zps06f056a4.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY003_zps7da5f35a.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY002_zpsedf88229.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY005_zpsa0098350.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY007_zps2e78cf6f.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY008_zpse0f5c9b5.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY009_zps38e2a775.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY010_zpsa3a20b76.jpg

Another MiamiViceOnline exclusive!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 4

Great Jacket COOP! Thanks for showing to us. But i believe ist is a little large for you in XL... I guess it will fit to me perfectly! :)

Tried some screenshots I hope this helps...I never did screenshots before.

post-938-0-68699100-1425119363_thumb.jpg

post-938-0-26910300-1425119380_thumb.jpg

post-938-0-76557400-1425119394_thumb.jpg

post-938-0-90963300-1425119399_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Again I notice how much missings are still with me.
I never have noticed alert this jacket, Coop. :o 

You could get it in a brilliant quality - indeed. :thumbsup:

I have to admit that nothing with this jacket let me think to the 80s.
It would fit perfectly into current times.

Thank you so much for pointing out this jacket, Coop. You're images are dreamy now.

TG  - you asked to posting screenshots, otherwise I would have been lost.

Christian if these ones are the first stillshots you ever made - then thumbsup.
Great job.

(Please, could you think about to use

www.picr.de

to get an URL for your images - set the privacy to full, so you are safe.

I always have big problems to open added files here)

• Like 2

Christian, jackets in the early 80's that say XL actually today would fit like a large. Today's XL would be a bit bigger. Not sure why sizes ran smaller back then, but they usually were.

• Like 1

Cool find. Betting you wont wear that one in public. lol. The roomy sleeves are awesome. Is that strictly a pilot episode jacket? I never payed attention to the other police officers except in the OCB scenes. You're probably getting close to being able to do the wardrobe and set decorating for a reunion show or spin-off series.

Christian, thank you soooo much for the screen grabs. I'm not able to do it myself. I noticed that if you click onto it, the image is bigger to see! Thanks!

Beach Vice, Your correct, I can't wear it in public. My first thought was to wear it outside in public, like I do with my blazers, but then, I did some checking.

Although it is legal to own where I live, it's not to be worn in public, as I might get mistaken for an actual Police officer, and not everybody loves Police officers, so it could endanger my life. Also, what if there is an emergency, and somebody runs to me for help? I'd have to say, "Ahhhhh, actually, I'm not a cop, I'm just wearing this jacket".  Wearing a jacket like that can make you a target for bad guys. It's like having a bullseye on my back.

It is however, legal to wear in public in a theatrical play, worn for a movie prop, or a costume. Other than that, it's a great item for a MIAMI VICE collection!

I don't know if it was used in other episodes of MIAMI VICE other than the pilot. I haven't found one yet, but it's possible I suppose. I'd like to know what episodes it would have been used in, if it was used again.

This raid jacket would be fine to wear in actual Police raids in hot and humid MIAMI, as it's lightweight, and not lined. I've tried to show you pictures so you can see how see thru it actually is! 

PICTUREOFTHEDAY011_zps19f3dcf8.jpg

PICTUREOFTHEDAY012_zpsc63143e9.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Wow that's what i call a light jacket!

Didn't expect it myself from the first pictures.

COOP, you are welcome buddy!

If you are using Windows - it is called "Snipping Tool". On my Windows 7 i can search for it with the Windows button on the left bottom side of the desktop.

It is very easy to use!

Edited by Christian
  • Like 1