Your favourite song in Vice of all time?

Detective_Crockett

For me, well there are so many amazing tracks in Vice! but my personal favourite time of track has to be Missing You by John Waite in Heart Of Darkness, anybody else have a particular favourite moment? I also love In The Air Tonight classic moment, as I said before, just so many moments in the show with amazing songs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89AmJFP-j0

• Like 5

For me, well there are so many amazing tracks in Vice! but my personal favourite time of track has to be Missing You by John Waite in Heart Of Darkness.

Great choice.

Heart of Darkness has always stuck out for me as one those almost perfect Miami Vice episodes when it comes to the use of music together with scenery.

The episode does not only have one memorable song but several as Devo's Going Under, together with John Waite's Missing You and The Tube's She's a Beauty all bring something special to the shows style and characters.

• Like 1

I love Missing You by John Waite! Also, I Want to Know What Love Is, those are two of my absolute favorite songs. It's funny because I remember a few times when In the Air Tonight has come on the radio, and I was actually driving on a summer night. I only started watching MV last month, but all these songs I've loved for years and listened to all the time while driving. There are also many songs that I feel would have been perfect on the show such as Broken Wings, Street of Dreams, Get Out of My Dreams, In Your Eyes, Time After Time, She Drives me Crazy, Invisible Touch, and the list goes on. A song that I've recently "discovered" from watching Miami Vice, is In the Night by Russ Ballard, I've now added this to my playlist and listen to it often especially in the car. It captures everything MV and neo-noir perfectly. Another one is Crockett's theme from the Jan Hammer MV soundtrack. 

Edited by viceystyle
  • Like 2

Some great choices pals! I agree with you all.  :cool:

Edited by Detective_Crockett

Definately "Crocketts Theme"!

Played several times in different versions throughout the series.

But i can't recall my favourite one and in which episode...

Edited by Christian
  • Like 1

• Administrators

In The Air Tonight, Missing You, and I Want To Know What Love Is are my three favourite 80s songs, and some of my all-time favourites. So of course I'll have to say those three.

When I was watching Vice for the first time just a few years ago and heard those songs play, I got excited, because my favourite songs were in it. Songs I've loved since 2002, playing GTA Vice City. The moment/feeling was purely epic.

Just noticed viceystyle likes the same three songs. :D

• Like 2

Eminence front is probably my favourite, one of the best scenes in the series with crockettt driving his scarab through the docks at night

• Like 2

Of course there are too many to pick up just one. Besides the ones already mentioned I would say Red7's Heartbeat, a song that really *shouts* 80s and Vice to me.

I love Missing You by John Waite! Also, I Want to Know What Love Is, those are two of my absolute favorite songs. It's funny because I remember a few times when In the Air Tonight has come on the radio, and I was actually driving on a summer night. I only started watching MV last month, but all these songs I've loved for years and listened to all the time while driving. There are also many songs that I feel would have been perfect on the show such as Broken Wings, Street of Dreams, Get Out of My Dreams, In Your Eyes, Time After Time, She Drives me Crazy, Invisible Touch, and the list goes on. A song that I've recently "discovered" from watching Miami Vice, is In the Night by Russ Ballard, I've now added this to my playlist and listen to it often especially in the car. It captures everything MV and neo-noir perfectly. Another one is Crockett's theme from the Jan Hammer MV soundtrack. 

Vicestyle, great choice of "alternative" tracks to use in the show ;-)

• Like 2

My vote goes to In the Air Tonight.   Every time I hear it on the radio I have flashbacks to Rico and Crockett  driving on the late night Miami streets. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

In The Air Tonight, Missing You, and I Want To Know What Love Is are my three favourite 80s songs, and some of my all-time favourites. So of course I'll have to say those three.

When I was watching Vice for the first time just a few years ago and heard those songs play, I got excited, because my favourite songs were in it. Songs I've loved since 2002, playing GTA Vice City. The moment/feeling was purely epic.

Just noticed viceystyle likes the same three songs. :D

Agreed on all your choices of songs. I also pick "The Order of Death" by Public Image Limited in S2's Little Miss Dangerous. This is what you want ... this is what you get ...  :radio:

• Like 3

Eminence Front of course! that was an amazing moment for me, I absolutely love that song, and yes...I too have the same story as James, GTA Vice City songs in Miami Vice got me really excited when I first started watching it.  :)

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Cry- Godley & Creme. I always liked how the beat was faintly in the background in scenes throughout Definitely Miami and then the song at the end w/ Crockett on the beach.

• Like 3

There are a lot of songs, I enjoy listening to and which I discovered just from watching Miami Vice.

I would have to say "Slave to Love" by Bryan Ferry. 

• Like 3

Oh man, I'd have to say Bryan Ferry's "Slave to Love", "Bete Noir", and Thinkman's "Best Friends" or The Alan Parsons Project's "Closer to Heaven".

I can't play this game, there's far too many songs! I just chose the less obvious ones.

• Like 1

Too many to pinpoint just one song, but I do want to mention "Walk and Talk Like Angels" from Hostile Takeover.  Idk why but that scene is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

I love "New Girl Now" by Honeymoon Suite from the episode "One-Eyed Jack." Someone already mentioned both "Order of Death" and "Cry." Would also have to include "Brothers in Arms" by Dire Straits from "Out Where the Buses Don't Run," and "Satellite" by The Hooters from "Amen... Send Money."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 1:04 AM, Spyder said:

I also pick "The Order of Death" by Public Image Limited in S2's Little Miss Dangerous. This is what you want ... this is what you get ...  :radio:

That would be in my top 5, it was perfect for that episode and the show.  I really can't pick just one... 

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

"Flesh for Fantasy" would be there. I remember someone on here suggesting they should have used it in "Little Miss Dangerous" instead of the Ep they ended up using it for. That would've lifted the song to iconic status.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Susanna Girl said:

Too many to pinpoint just one song, but I do want to mention "Walk and Talk Like Angels" from Hostile Takeover.  Idk why but that scene is one of my favorites.

"Walk and Talk Like Angels" by Toni Childs is a great song and in my opinion underrated. I had it on repeat the first time I heard it in that episode. It's also one of my favorite songs in Vice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OI8dpSmSY  :radio:

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

Aside from the Miami Vice Theme, I would say my favorite is....."In the Air Tonight."

Like Vicefan7777 said, it gives you flashbacks of Sonny & Rico driving through the Miami night air! In 1998 it's the song I heard after many years & rekindled my love for Miami Vice & led me to miamivice.org!

This is my post from the Episode reviews : " Rodriguezisdead, your review is phenomenal! The Pilot is the first Miami Vice movie, I watched after about 10 years. I heard "In the Air Tonight" on the PA system in a model home in Florida & recognized it as being from MV. That gave me such a renewed hunger to see Miami Vice. So, I rented the "Pilot" on VHS. Luckily, it was being shown on TNN, I think, then on Spike, then I found a MV website & I was completely hooked and the DVD's finally came out. My point is the "Pilot" laid the ground work for the total Miami Vice experience!"

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 1

Also, I'm always amazed at how great every single moment of Jan Hammer's MV New York theme sounds. I always have to turn that one up and rock out whenever it comes around on shuffle. :radio:

I had to take my wife to Las Vegas for an appointment yesterday and when we reached the city my favorite In the Air Tonight started playing on the classic rock station.  Memories :D

• Like 1