Don Johnson Set to Exec Produce and Star in ABC’s ‘Boom’ Pilot

sredd

It would be nice to see Don Johnson appear much more, I would love it if he could do a Vice reunion with PMT, that would be a dream come true, the last time I saw Don was in Django Unchained but I'm sure there's been more movies too that I just haven't caught yet, I hear that Don is really ashamed of his daughter Dakota for starring in 50 Shades Of Grey..I suppose if you could see it from his point of view, that is his daughter after all.

Man, I hate that about the whole Score now cancelled but I would love for the Vice reunion with PMT as well!

• Like 1

I wish we could have seen the Score pilot too.  It sounded like DJ was pretty jazzed about it and I was deep in anticipation.  Bummer.  

• Like 1

I wish we could have seen the Score pilot too.  It sounded like DJ was pretty jazzed about it and I was deep in anticipation.  Bummer.  

Meanwhile I am more than convinced Score became placed on ice

because the offer to overtake the main role in BOOM as oil tycoon Hap Boyd

is -well thought- much better than any other chance Don could get.

To me all is looking like that's what will become Johnson's third big hit.

All good things are... three ;)

Current news by Don tonight:

(Showing Hap Boyd and wife - NO private image !!!!)

21314820yh.jpg

• Like 2

Great information bp...thanks!  Don looks terrific!  

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/don-johnson-cast-boom-abc-pilot-1201448971/

Don Johnson has locked down the lead role in ABC’s pilot â€œBoom,†Variety has learned. He is also set to exec produce the drama.

The drama centers on the biggest oil discovery in American history, which has triggered a geopolitical shift and an economic boom in North Dakota — the greatest since the American Gold Rush in 1849. Set in a modern-day “Wild West,†the potential series tracks the pilgrimage of a young, ambitious couple, seeking a better life, to the oil fields of the Bakken, where they come across roughnecks, grifters, oil barons, criminals and fellow prospectors.

Johnson will play Hap, the smart, tough, patriarchal figure of an oil town in North Dakota.

Scott Michael Foster (“Chasing Life,†“Once Upon a Timeâ€), Rebecca Rittenhouse (“Red Band Societyâ€) and India De Beaufort (“Chicago P.D.,†“Jane by Designâ€) will co-star.

The project hails from ABC Signature Studios and writers Rodes Fishburne and Josh Pate, who will also exec produce with Tony Krantz. Jonas Pate will direct the pilot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The show has been picked up by ABC!

I'm not sure how many episodes networks order for new shows anymore. 13 used to be standard, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 6 given today's climate. And there's no guarantee it will resonate with the public to get the ratings needed to become a hit (and frankly, I think the rather nebulous premise works against it). But the important takeaway is that DJ will be back on regular series TV in a lead role for the first time since the WB's "Just Legal" in 2005!

Oh happy day!

http://www.inforum.com/variety/3740802-abc-picks-new-drama-set-north-dakota-starring-don-johnson

Today news:

Name verified => OIL
Airing date verified => FALL 2015
Broadcasting time => Sundays 9 PM
OIL-Logo's created with ABC.

Well then - LET'S GO FOR OIL !!

21884295bl.jpg

• Like 1

Right off the bat, ABC is scheduling this show up again NBC's "Sunday Night Football" and "The Good Wife" on CBS. The good news: (at least for the fall) is CBS and their football overruns, which puts "The Good Wife" starting anywhere from 7:15pm - 8PM plus that show is showing signs of wear, at six seasons in. I really hope it makes it, but only time will tell...

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

The Sunday night at 9:00 time slot doesn't sound very good to me, but who knows. The show premise sounds interesting to me and it looks like Don is going to be the bad guy which is so cool, he's good at being bad!

• 4 months later...

No kidding?  I can almost hear the drums from the beginning 5 seconds of the Miami Vice theme... they should overlay that for the new promos.  

DJ fans gotta be going nuts about now...

Never got into Nash Bridges - wasn't a bad show at all as far as I can tell.  But will "Oil" have jumped the shark when Tubbs gets a cameo?  

Just being snarky.  (They should do a Tubbs cameo, for sure.)

• Like 2

DJ fans gotta be going nuts about now...

NUTS . . .

I -for myself- have to admit:

even 'nuts' is a definitive understatement in this case. 

With me it wasn't with Nash the case - it wasn't with movies the case.

For the very first time I have the feeling it will work again - not could... WILL !

BloodOil_PrePremiereTaglineDirtyRich_FB_

To my eyes any connection to Miami Vice will not be given and also not come up at any time.

The cop is gone - LONG LIVE THE BAD ASS !

• Like 1

ABC has been advertising this show like crazy!  They're really pushing it, so I'm very hopeful it's a big success.  Can't wait til the 27th.... :fireworks:

Yup, looking forward to the premiere next Sunday.

Count me as another who is looking forward to it!  Unsure what to expect, but the show's trailers hint at a promising start.  It certainly looks nothing like Miami Vice, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would be reading all kinds of reviews here! Or maybe I'm in the wrong thread.... :)    Last night's show was really fun to watch.  Don looked terrific and he had some choice lines to say but I wasn't overly impressed as I had hoped I would be.  But I'm going to wait until the story line and the characters develop a little more and see how things progress.  It's just a blast seeing him on tv again, so I'm thankful for that and I hope the network has a little patience to develop an audience and not yank it off the air after 3 episodes like they seem to do sometimes.  

Would love to hear all of your thoughts on the show's premiere.   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I thought I would be reading all kinds of reviews here! Or maybe I'm in the wrong thread.... :)    Last night's show was really fun to watch.  Don looked terrific and he had some choice lines to say but I wasn't overly impressed as I had hoped I would be.  But I'm going to wait until the story line and the characters develop a little more and see how things progress.  It's just a blast seeing him on tv again, so I'm thankful for that and I hope the network has a little patience to develop an audience and not yank it off the air after 3 episodes like they seem to do sometimes.  

Would love to hear all of your thoughts on the show's premiere.   :thumbsup:

Would love to fill your wish.

Unfortunately as long as I stay honest  :cool:  I will have to wait for success which is to sell.

And then still up to the moment the synchro to German is done.

With MV it has taken 8 month if I remind correct.

I am NOT amused about my state today  :)  :)  ;)  :checkbox:  :(

• Like 1