Don Johnson Set to Exec Produce and Star in ABC’s ‘Boom’ Pilot

sredd

• 2 weeks later...

From having worked at ABC in NY, I can tell you that to them, the success of a show is all about immediate results.  I remember being in the elevator after the first week of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" aired back in 1999, "the suits" were there as well and were all ecstatic about the ratings and subsequently gave it a full season order just based on the first week. They are too quick to make decisions, "Blood And Oil" may return, simply because the show might have out-performed some of their cancelled shows that they also thought were all that.   

• Like 2

I too believe that "Blood and Oil" will return for a second season. I think DJ fans including myself love to see him in this new role, that he is playing and love that he is back in a TV series! I haven't been commenting about it on this thread, because I haven't seen the show yet. That is just how it is for now. :)

But I have been following updates from the shows cast members, fan sites, photos and seen bits of clips posted on YT from the cast, Don and of course here on the forum.

And I already have a favourite couple Hap and Jules. Unless Saundra Santiago makes a visit. ;)

Edited by summer84

27yq45c.jpg

me and my best pal catching latest episode #bloodandoil

Had to post this wonderful pic of Don at home with his cute little dog! And those eyes..... :happy:

Don you are amazing. :fireworks:

• Like 2

The Nov. 29 episode Rats bugs & moles was pretty exciting. Hap's son Wick is a real slime. I hope he gets his just desserts soon.

Glad they stopped repeating the previous scene after the commercials......I'm enjoying the episodes more, now.

• Like 2

Just saw this.

ABC has announced their plans for the first quarter of 2016. They include new and returning shows like American Crime, The Bachelor, Beyond the Tank, The Catch, The Family, Fresh Off the Boat, Galavant, Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, Marvel’s Agent Carter, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, The Muppets, My Diet Is Better Than Yours, Nashville, Of Kings and Prophets, Once Upon a Time, Quantico, The Real O’Neals, and Scandal. As expected, Blood & Oil won’t be returning.

But...... "Blood and Oil" is not on the list of cancelled shows, so there is still a chance.

"This list will be updated as the season progresses"

• Like 1

• Administrators

Just saw this.

ABC has announced their plans for the first quarter of 2016. They include new and returning shows like American Crime, The Bachelor, Beyond the Tank, The Catch, The Family, Fresh Off the Boat, Galavant, Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, Marvel’s Agent Carter, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, The Muppets, My Diet Is Better Than Yours, Nashville, Of Kings and Prophets, Once Upon a Time, Quantico, The Real O’Neals, and Scandal. As expected, Blood & Oil won’t be returning.

But...... "Blood and Oil" is not on the list of cancelled shows, so there is still a chance.

"This list will be updated as the season progresses"

Oh well... At least they'll finish the season off. (I hope)

I really hope the next 2 episodes reach a completion......I don't want to be left hanging about everything that went on so far. :evil:

• Administrators

I really hope the next 2 episodes reach a completion......I don't want to be left hanging about everything that went on so far. :evil:

There originally was 12 episodes, cut to 10, I wonder if they can skip a few and show 11 and 12 so that way we get a completion.  :thumbsup:

There originally was 12 episodes, cut to 10, I wonder if they can skip a few and show 11 and 12 so that way we get a completion.  :thumbsup:

Fact ist one thing.

Story got written to a 'certain - the now happens end' only that moment as it was clear that the planned 13 (!) eps. got cut to 10.

Rumours are going that there were produced even two ends.

So - if this is true  I even will prefer an 'open' end because that means season one will be followed by season two.

If we have a final explaining end it will be the end of Blood & Oil in general. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say that "Blood and Oil" has been canceled.......  (cancelled, last ep airs 12/13/15)

I really thought there was going to be a second season. As someone posted on the website, maybe another network will pick it up.

• Like 1

I think the final episode last night tied up a lot of loose ends, but also left room for more intrigue and more plot twists, if the show is picked up by another network.

• Like 2

Bloodandoil saved my sanity on sunday nights great performance from Don and cast so sad it ended but a great way to end each story line.I hope we see Don again on the big screen and little one.

• Like 2

Kind of strange to see Hap almost weeping at the end, Crockett may have been sensitive but I don't remember him doing that (correct me if I'm wrong). With them tying up (pretty much) every single plot line, it's a fairly safe assumption that this was the final episode, but who knows, stranger things have happened...

Edited by mvnyc
  • Like 1

I'm bummed it's over, I was really looking forward to Sunday evenings!  I think the last episode tied things up pretty well but there are still some things to wonder about.  And I'm still going to hope some other enlightened network will pick up this show and run with it.    :D

Farewell for now Don....tiny-purple-glitter-heart.gif

• Like 1

A girl who works at my bank likes Don Johnson so when I go in there I usually say " Freeze, Miami Vice."   Monday I yelled, "Freeze, Blood & Oil.....oops, I mean Miami Vice."  I got a big laugh from that one. :)

• Like 3

I'm very pleased all loose ends were wrapped up in the finale.  Jules' baby is from Wick & they will stay together; Billy & his wife will go back home but still cash in on Hap's big oil deal. Hap & his wife are happy & on top of the oil deal.

I liked seeing D.J. with a gun in his hand ..........but I wish he would consider making a Miami Vice movie or Nash Bridges style series, as a cop again.  His quips & comments are like the good old Sonny Crockett, we all love. :cool:

I would really enjoy seeing him & PMT together again as good guys!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm very pleased all loose ends were wrapped up in the finale.  Jules' baby is from Wick & they will stay together; Billy & his wife will go back home but still cash in on Hap's big oil deal. Hap & his wife are happy & on top of the oil deal.

I liked seeing D.J. with a gun in his hand ..........but I wish he would consider making a Miami Vice movie or Nash Bridges style series, as a cop again.  His quips & comments are like the good old Sonny Crockett, we all love. :cool:

I would really enjoy seeing him & PMT together again as good guys!  :thumbsup:

Great points Tony

• Like 1

Thank you Matt........Judging by how good D.J. & PMT look at their age, they can easily be cool MV senior officers and make us all happy! :D  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thank you Matt........Judging by how good D.J. & PMT look at their age, they can easily be cool MV senior officers and make us all happy! :D  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:    I completely agree!

Edited by TubbsGirl1n&Ou7
  • Like 1

Interesting little article, if you make it to the end of the list there is a poll asking you to vote for the show you miss most. I was pleasantly surprised to see the B&O percentage! I wish it meant something to the powers that be!

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/67193/20151229/blood-and-oil-abc-revenge-syfy-defiance-11-cancelled-tv-shows-2015-upset-fans.htm

• Like 2