Gamer Ransomeware Malware attacks Warning

Kavinsky

From the BBC news website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31869589

So avoid Wordpress, anyone associated with them and flash heavy game and game sites for awhile, anything shifty basically, also Adobe has released a flash update for today that fixes 17 expliots, so it might not be a bad idea to update that from their main website, as that should help keep you safe.

also I was talking to a friend of mine, apparently wordpress is knowing for having really bad security and being quite shifty, so avoid that place like the plague, update and keep safe everyone, as this supposedly can effect steam and steam games as well.

so keep on full red alert for awhile guys, and be safe.

Edited by Kavinsky

Just thought I'd post this here, as once again Mr. Review Tech USA has some good advice about this situation

be safe everyone.

Ransomware can be easily defeated by having current backups of all your data, or even doing a periodic mirror of your hard drive.

If your anti-malware or anti-virus programs don't stop the installation of the ransomware, then you can simply clean the malware from your hard drive with MBAM and replace lost/corrupted data files from your backup copies.