I love every single one of you.

Detective_Crockett

Can I just say that I absolutely love everybody on this website? never in all my years have I met a nicer crowd of people, we all love Miami Vice, we all share the same hobbies and interests and everything, I feel absolutely privileged to have joined this website and met everybody and to talk with you all about Vice and share opinions and ask questions, I just..I feel so grateful for every single one of you, this community the Vice community I've never met such a nice bunch of people...you all are absolutely amazing and made me feel welcome the day I joined this website, a troll or rude or horrible person does not exist on this website at all, I feel great to be part of this fan community that is Vice, I hope to be on here for a while, it's been an amazing time joining and being on here posting and sharing opinions which almost everyone can agree with, we all share the love for Vice and we always will and I don't think I'll ever get slow or stop logging in one day, why do that when I'm surrounded by such a nice crowd on an amazing fan base? 

A big thank you and love from your pal Detective_Crockett  :cool:  :p

post-4806-0-21362100-1426545758_thumb.jp

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

I am very happy to hear that! Nice words Bro.

Yes, we are a big community from all over the planet...the U.K.,Canada, the USA, Germany, Italy, France, Austria,Turkey, Down Under...and so on.

But it doesn't really matter where you are from and how good or bad your english is as long as you love MIAMI VICE.

i feel very priviledged too.

Cheers Bro!

• Like 10

We are a close knit bunch. Just like Crockett & Tubbs, Castillo, Gina & Trudy, and Switek & Zito, they all loved each other. They were friends who supported each other.

This site is like my second family. I've been close to several people here, and friends with the others. Most members here are quite willing to help out when someone needs a question, or problem solved. It's not a chore for the members here, it's offered quite freely. There really are very nice people here. I've been on other websites, and there are nice people there, but this place is different. Quite different. We really care for one another after having known each other (some for many years now). We are pretty close here, and this place is actually really special. There are trouble makers on here from time to time, but, they don't belong, and thankfully, don't stay too long.

This is one special place, that's for sure!

I'm feel'in the love.

• Like 7

• Administrators

I don't know how to reply to this, except:  :thumbsup: 

It is a great community, ever since I joined I've been logging in every day.   :D

• Like 4

Phew... how to shoot out all like's for one day in one minute with the visit at this website at 5 AM ?
Easily made with this thread.

Detective_Crockett ...

first of all my heartfelt thanks for your kind and quite honestly appearing words.

Hugs to you.
I am grateful you feel that way and you made it just to describe what I am allowed to feel too.

It is as unusual that in these days there is someone -just in your... still young age- who shows feelings, a thanks, a simple ...

I love you guys!

With that your words and emotions are getting still more special.
Thank YOU for being with us.
You have a wonderful open, friendly, funny and lovely kind.
You make it easily to see you as friend, as member, as contributor as vice-addicted like we all are.

Someone special here told me one day he would be happy to see my name online same time than he.
I also have a circle of members where my eyes light up when they are here just the moment like I.

So... count yourself in this row and that...

not only since you opened your heart today !

Hell yeah - this is a fantastic group of people just around the world !
GLAD TO BE HERE !!! ♥ :done:  =)  :dance2: 

• Like 5

we are one BIG happy and friendly family!we are share the same joy which Miami Vice it self brings to us all.every time I log on to the site and see my friends and people who loves Vice the same as I do I feel so happy about that there is a place where people can gather and do what they love,talk about common stuff and feel good about it.as Coop said,its a happy place a very very very happy place for happy people.I'm a bit crazy,some already know that but I'm happy :) I feel love and deep respect to each and every one of you.no mather that there are some member which I'm not in contact personally we are still buddies.80s never end and Vice will go on its great journey until we are here.so to you all my Vice friends-you are all my second family! :baby2:

Edited by Victor

We are a close knit bunch. Just like Crockett & Tubbs, Castillo, Gina & Trudy, and Switek & Zito.

The question is, which memebers will be the Crockett's, the Tubbs, Castillo's Gina's & Trudy's and Swi's & Zito's?  :)

Edited by Detective_Crockett

The question is, which memebers will be the Crockett's, the Tubbs, Castillo's Gina's & Trudy's and Swi's & Zito's?  :)

TAG!I'm Switek! :) 

TAG !

I'm a Crockett :) (female version :D )

p.s.

What happened to the world best avatar ?? :p

• Like 1

Which one? Uhmm, let me think about it...

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

p.s.

What happened to the world best avatar ?? :p

Aw, I fell in love with this avatar the second I saw it, but I suppose to make some sort of sense, I should keep the old one as my name is Detective_Crockett  :p  :)

• Like 1

Seriously speaking, couldn't agree more, Detective_Crockett.

I would add, this is a place where the interest or passion for a TV show is just the starting point for sharing a much wider range of subjects, visions, feelings, experiences and more. I'd say I never saw such a passion crossing countries, generations and cultures as it happens here, This is also the most civil, educate and respectful board I've been in: any new one is welcome and surrounded by a real community. No wonder so many guys feel home here.

I'm not an hardcore fan. No longer, at least. I don't have any collectibles, rarities, memorabilia; no longer have vice-styled clothes etc. But I still do love the 80s as one of the brightest times the planet saw. And this board IS the 80s.  

Something that never cease to surprise me is the number of members in their twenties sharing the same taste, likings and views of people who was 20 back then. Isn't it amazing?

In one year or so, I saw members helping each other many times, I never read a single envious line, never see spammers or trolls.

But there's more: this site is damn *active*. Which is not granted at all. Fan boards usually live in "waves", have some peaks, weakening with time, until the only ones who post remain those in need of something. And they usually got no answer. Did you notice that?

Last - but in no way least - this is by far the biggest, the coolest, the most complete source of information about anything even remotely connected with Miami Vice.

That's what we have here, guys. It doesn't happen everyday.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 4

But there's more: this site is damn *active*. Which is not granted at all. Fan boards usually live in "waves", have some peaks, weakening with time, until the only ones who post remain those in need of something. And they usually got no answer. Did you notice that?

O M G !!

One should take this as sentence of the year !

With it each only letter builds a construct of truth.

Best word in it is the 'USUALLY'.

It is like on a highway where an accident happened - all gawk, get in a weird kind their satisfaction like the

other safe the lifes.

Jerry Beck you have a very good perception and know how to put into needed words.

Aw, I fell in love with this avatar the second I saw it, but I suppose to make some sort of sense, I should keep the old one as my name is Detective_Crockett  :p  :)

Sure I would like you take it back.

In any case I am glad I have stolen it already :p :p - hope you do not mind.

well what can you say lol thanks

also with the way TV is now, I just cant even watch it anymore, I turn it on for five minutes and I just turn it off, Vice though it pulls you in.

and its not a slight against the actors or the writers who work on the modern stuff, something about the landscape has changed and has made it far less fun, its like a depression pill, while with vice well 5:36

onwards, don says it best.

I just never laugh watching modern tv, I just get angry at it seems, like no no no, that's not how that works, no no no that's not funny, no no no that is not right

like with the USA network, I was thinking the other day, they had some buddy cop show on that lasted less than a season a year or so ago that was on at the same time as that roughness program, as I was watching that and Burn Notice, and it seemed like it was trying to be vice

and the guys OCD, the white guy, and the black guy just bangs his door on his black polished up car just because he has this love hate thing going with him

the guy gets out, checks the door, saying it left a mark, and I'm just flabergasted and they walked it off and played it off like the white guy was an ass for caring about his car and complaining about it for the rest of the episode, with the end shot of a van smashing into his car door

leaving an even bigger dent right after he complained at the other guy again about it, like the episode was saying stop being such a pansy for liking cars.

I would have done one of two things with that as a writer just on prinicipal, I would have pulled away from the thing he banged the door into and told him to backstroke and walk the rest of the way, and two, I would have had him race off and smash his car into his car in the parking lot with him standing there

saying now were even, or end it with him throwing his keys to him saying park it out back for me will ya, as that would have been funny and unexpected.

and its just theres this disconnect with all of that with modern tv, none of it makes sense, and the black guy was a car guy with a polished up red and black chevelle

I mean fine screw up his desk, pour coffee on his leather chair or on his carpet, but that Its just falls under the vincent vega kind of rule, and it just seems like all tv is either mean spirited, filled with stupid humor (as I hate that shaggy haired guy on NCIS LA, and I just want the girl to go after him with a buzcutter unexpectedly)  or its trying to say the same message over and over, or just be depressing.

while vice doesnt, atleast not all the time,  and its timeless because of that, you know humor has to be natural, say hello to elvis lol

same thing with the drama.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

Thanks, Detective_Crockett! You're right, this is one of the few places on the internet that full of genuinely nice people. It's an oasis in the middle of the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the internet, where people hide behind their keyboards and say tons of moronic crap. But this is one of two forums I have ever come across where I wish I knew you people outside of the internet. I haven't been here very long, but I felt completely welcome from day one. Thanks guys, we've got a good thing going here for sure.

in the middle of the wretched hive of scum and villainy 

Star Wars reference?   :p  :cool:

Good one, pal! 

And yes, the same goes for you, you're new here, but I can tell you are going to make an awesome friend as well..you're hooked on Vice and the 80's, people like you (us) are unique and very cool, and will be something in the world one of these days  :thumbsup:  keep your head up pal.

Miami Vice always had class!   Sonny & Rico were tough and believably so, without being smutty and cheap.  So, naturally, we as the fans of Miami Vice also have class and it is expressed in our posts.  :cool:  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 16/03/2015 at 10:42 PM, Detective_Crockett said:

Can I just say that I absolutely love everybody on this website? never in all my years have I met a nicer crowd of people, we all love Miami Vice, we all share the same hobbies and interests and everything, I feel absolutely privileged to have joined this website and met everybody and to talk with you all about Vice and share opinions and ask questions, I just..I feel so grateful for every single one of you, this community the Vice community I've never met such a nice bunch of people...you all are absolutely amazing and made me feel welcome the day I joined this website, a troll or rude or horrible person does not exist on this website at all, I feel great to be part of this fan community that is Vice, I hope to be on here for a while, it's been an amazing time joining and being on here posting and sharing opinions which almost everyone can agree with, we all share the love for Vice and we always will and I don't think I'll ever get slow or stop logging in one day, why do that when I'm surrounded by such a nice crowd on an amazing fan base? 

A big thank you and love from your pal Detective_Crockett  :cool:  :p

post-4806-0-21362100-1426545758_thumb.jp

Just seen this what a lovely post :hippie:

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

awwwwwww! that's so swweeettt!     Feel the looovvvveee!:thumbsup::p

It's cool to talk to people that can relate to Miami Vice and is just as in to it as I am as well!   I am glad I found this site!

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Remington said:

Loving it myself.:thumbsup: Probably the only website I'm registered on where I don't argue with anyone :)

Exactly! :) And the only website where I'm not a troll. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...