Fast 7

Detective_Crockett

this just came up in my daily check in

384 Million bucks in the first week of release, the second star trek film only pulled in a 150 mill more than that in its entire run

also here's a look at the Raid monster,

which was probably inspired by cars like this

although why he has part of Kitt as part of the front quarter pannels is beyond me, as it looks like that quarter panel part that came out when they hit super pursuit mode with it in the later seasons

One thing which disappointed me was ***spoiler** Sean Boswell (Tokyo Drift) was only on screen for about 30 seconds. I was hoping he had a bigger role. They didn't even tell us who won the race. :(

Dude, I know right???  :(  :(  :(

• Like 1

• Administrators

Dude, I know right???  :(  :(  :(

Like, I was waiting 9 years for this... A huge let down.

Like, I was waiting 9 years for this... A huge let down.

I know he died 9 years ago and they bought him back (Have you seen the film Better Luck Tomorrow, it's like a unofficial prequel showing Han and some actors from Tokyo Drift) 

But I tell you something now they've made 7.

I'm really going to miss Han, I think he was definitely one of my top 5 favourite characters I absolutely loved him..along with Roman Pearce (he always had his funny moments especially spinning around in the car  :)  :) ) ''We hongry'' but Han, I'm really going to miss him now that 7 is canon with Tokyo Drift and 8 and 9 will take place after Tokyo Drift.

Unless, they find a smart way to bring him back? (I also kind of thought that the Blue skyline driving past Sean and Han in Tokyo Drift when they was on the freeway was Brian  :) )

Edited by Detective_Crockett

• Administrators

I know he died 9 years ago and they bought him back (Have you seen the film Better Luck Tomorrow, it's like a unofficial prequel showing Han and some actors from Tokyo Drift) 

I'm really going to miss Han, I think he was definitely one of my top 5 favourite characters I absolutely loved him..along with Roman Pearce (he always had his funny moments especially spinning around in the car  :)  :) ) ''We hongry'' but Han, I'm really going to miss him now that 7 is canon with Tokyo Drift and 8 and 9 will take place after Tokyo Drift.

Unless, they find a smart way to bring him back? (I also kind of thought that the Blue skyline driving past Sean and Han in Tokyo Drift when they was on the freeway was Brian  :) )

EJECTO SEATO, CUZZ!

I don't think there is a smart way to bring Han back, unless they make another Tokyo Drift prequel... Haven't seen Better Luck Tomorrow, didn't even know about it... I might save it somewhere and watch it when Furious 7 comes out on DVD, then I can marathon the movies again, watch Better Luck Tomorrow after 2F2F.

Could they do a prequel about how Dom and Han actually met? Because they never showed that, it starts with them pulling a heist together and sounds like they'd been doing it for a while.

• Like 1

EJECTO SEATO, CUZZ!

I don't think there is a smart way to bring Han back, unless they make another Tokyo Drift prequel... Haven't seen Better Luck Tomorrow, didn't even know about it... I might save it somewhere and watch it when Furious 7 comes out on DVD, then I can marathon the movies again, watch Better Luck Tomorrow after 2F2F.

Could they do a prequel about how Dom and Han actually met? Because they never showed that, it starts with them pulling a heist together and sounds like they'd been doing it for a while.

''IT WORKED, IT WORKED I LOVE THIS BUTTON!''

Curious question: Is the film actually called ''Furious 7'' where you are? because over it's called ''Fast & Furious 7''  I suppose they don't want to confuse people?  :)

A good title for 8 everyone is saying F8 (Fate) (Furious 8)

• Administrators

''IT WORKED, IT WORKED I LOVE THIS BUTTON!''

Curious question: Is the film actually called ''Furious 7'' where you are? because over it's called ''Fast & Furious 7''  I suppose they don't want to confuse people?  :)

A good title for 8 everyone is saying F8 (Fate) (Furious 8)

I don't know, theatres have Fast & Furious 7, but on IMDB and all that it's just called Furious 7.

The movie's "original title" is Furious 7, all the promo posters and trailers said that. But in the theatre's it's called Fast & Furious 7?

You're right, it is confusing!

I don't know, theatres have Fast & Furious 7, but on IMDB and all that it's just called Furious 7.

The movie's "original title" is Furious 7, all the promo posters and trailers said that. But in the theatre's it's called Fast & Furious 7?

You're right, it is confusing!

Also, pal...I just seen this article posted 5 months ago, looks like 8,9 and 10 are truly official, they've said this...all I can hope is, I hope Justin Lin returns to direct.

''“We think there’s at least three more. Paul [Walker] is, and always will be, an integral part of the story. But there are many other great characters, and it’s also an opportunity to introduce new characters. I think it’s still a growing franchise. We’ll see what happens with Furious 7, obviously, but our box office has grown over the past three or four films and internationally, in particular. So we think that there’s more to mine there. But we’re of course very mindful about fatigue.â€

''

• Administrators

Also, pal...I just seen this article posted 5 months ago, looks like 8,9 and 10 are truly official, they've said this...all I can hope is, I hope Justin Lin returns to direct.

''“We think there’s at least three more. Paul [Walker] is, and always will be, an integral part of the story. But there are many other great characters, and it’s also an opportunity to introduce new characters. I think it’s still a growing franchise. We’ll see what happens with Furious 7, obviously, but our box office has grown over the past three or four films and internationally, in particular. So we think that there’s more to mine there. But we’re of course very mindful about fatigue.”

''

Yes, I remember reading that. I'm hoping for more also... Like I said before, they can focus the story on Dom and Letty. Maybe bring back Jesse and Leon. Jesse could be out street racing in New York with his father and Leon. 

Just found this on YouTube, looks like Eva Mendez might be coming back as Monica Fuentes from 2F2F and at the end/teaser scene in Fast 5.

Won't be the same without Paul. 

FAF & 2F2F are the best. Tokyo Drift was really poor, 4 was good but 5,6,7 are more sci-fi than movies about races. Really unrealistic.

Edited by Crockettt

• Administrators

Yeah, the first two will always be the best. They have a special vibe/feeling to them, I cannot explain. And this vibe is what made them absolute classics. And the realism, if you can ignore the floor in the Eclipse unbolting itself and danger to manifold.

Even 4 was pretty good, it's my favourite of the new ones. But after that it's like they became super spies and it's really unrealistic and full of CGI.

But I still love the movies, and I love Vin and Paul.

But I actually like Tokyo Drift. Probably the most realistic out of all of them. I thought it was the best movie of the year after I saw it at the movies, I loved it.

You folks probably just aren't into JDM and drifting like I am. :)

Yeah, the first two will always be the best. They have a special vibe/feeling to them, I cannot explain. And this vibe is what made them absolute classics. And the realism, if you can ignore the floor in the Eclipse unbolting itself and danger to manifold.

Even 4 was pretty good, it's my favourite of the new ones. But after that it's like they became super spies and it's really unrealistic and full of CGI.

But I still love the movies, and I love Vin and Paul.

But I actually like Tokyo Drift. Probably the most realistic out of all of them. I thought it was the best movie of the year after I saw it at the movies, I loved it.

You folks probably just aren't into JDM and drifting like I am. :)

I have honestly been a fan since 1 and 2, Paul Walker and Vin had that effect on me, I just..fell in love with the series, and yeah, Tokyo Drift I did like, I think it's much better now though, ''WABAKI!'' and I wasn't so hot on 4 but it was great to see Vin and Paul back,  but 5,6,7 have been great movies..the series can only get better now.

Paul's death really affected me deeply, one of my idols had died that day, and it still affects me now in ways, I just saw a page of Paul Walker jokes and none of them were funny, distasteful dry and disrespectful, I have no tolerance for that.

Imagine if in Fast 10, they're racing in space?  :)

And, I would love to honestly see a Tokyo sequel or a true follow up, I do wish they could bring back Han in some way, but it's impossible. 

You know who else I would love back? Carter Verone, he was a great villain, he'd be perfect to bring back, maybe in 8 he could be because Eva Mendez might be returning?

• Administrators

I was thinking of Carter returning, but without Paul it seems pointless. :/ It just wont work. Carter gets out, goes after Roman, but his pal Brian isn't there to help? 

Say if Cody Walker joins the series? He wants to be an actor now and he could play Brian's brother?

• Administrators

Say if Cody Walker joins the series? He wants to be an actor now and he could play Brian's brother?

crockettsmh.gif

I like how the things are connected with Vice. Fast and furious was directed by Rob Cohen who also directed Made for each other, Evan and Definitely Miami. In 2F2F You have James Remar who played Robbie Cann in Buddies and Vice vibe. Joaquim De Almeida who played Nico Arroyo in Bought and paid for appeared in Fast Five as Hernan Reyes.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Joaquim De Almeida who played Nico Arroyo in Bought and paid for appeared in Fast Five as Hernan Reyes.

Wow, how did I not recognise him...

I'm shocked, I didn't recognize him either.

Also, Stanley Tucci was a character in Transformers 4, and I couldn't believe he was Mosca in Season 4's Contempt of Court, that one was a shock. xD

• Administrators

LOL! made me laugh, I'm guessing you don't like that idea too much?  :)

Wasn't too fond of it.

Better luck tommorow? by any chance did any of the names show up associated to a Better tommorow, as a plot twist of the second film in that series was that one of the leads who died in the first film, came back as a twin brother in the second

so maybe they're trying to pull that here? also I got ya beat on the gliff here lol

also any word on the return of the drift king from that movie? the one who was famous for Drifting AE 86's? he was the old guy who said you call that drifting

and I watched a few of his instruction videos on drifting on youtube years ago before the return of the GT86, and they were pretty good, but I dont know if they're still up, I forget the guys name other than his nickname.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

Better luck tommorow? by any chance did any of the names show up associated to a Better tommorow, as a plot twist of the second film in that series was that one of the leads who died in the first film, came back as a twin brother in the second

so maybe they're trying to pull that here? also I got ya beat on the gliff here lol

also any word on the return of the drift king from that movie? the one who was famous for Drifting AE 86's? he was the old guy who said you call that drifting

and I watched a few of his instruction videos on drifting on youtube years ago before the return of the GT86, and they were pretty good, but I dont know if they're still up, I forget the guys name other than his nickname.

His name is Keiichi Tsuchiya.

I actually love the movies 'A Better Tomorrow ' and 'Better Tomorrow 2' that plot twist when they killed off Chow Yun Fat (Mark) in the first movie and then bought him back in the second movie but as twin brother Ken.

You know what? maybe they could do that for Han  :)

I thought the same thing as you Kavinsky, Better Luck Tomorrow isn't related to those movies, but the titles are very similar.

His name is Keiichi Tsuchiya.

ah yeah that's him, the instructional video I had was with him and some Red AE 86

also with what he's talking about, it really brings the preference of manuals over automatics into play, as Tiff Niddel confused the gearbox on a subaru by just doing a simple 180 with a paddel shifted one in 2007/2008

hence why I think alot of the old timers always talk about how they hate the electronics, as with driving like that it can get invasive and can modify a cars handling in unexpected ways,

https://twitter.com/tiff_tv/status/580140009690382336

https://twitter.com/tiff_tv/status/580141826025361408

such as what happened when Tiff tried to drift a Mclaren, and with the traction control off it kicked in and caused him to spin out

only for me to learn later it was never designed to be driven with the traction control and stability control off from top gear latter, as I was pondering after I watched that, why would they design a car to do that, as that doesnt make any sense.

also this is rather interesting in the same sense, like I said he has a good amount of insider knowledge

Edited by Kavinsky

I actually love the movies 'A Better Tomorrow ' and 'Better Tomorrow 2' that plot twist when they killed off Chow Yun Fat (Mark) in the first movie and then bought him back in the second movie but as twin brother Ken.

You know what? maybe they could do that for Han  :)

I thought the same thing as you Kavinsky, Better Luck Tomorrow isn't related to those movies, but the titles are very similar.

ah lol yeah I was trying not to spoil that though lol

you know I actually tried to find a pair of those sunglasses he wore in that movie, you wouldnt believe how hard they are to even find ones that look like them

as there supposedly Alian Dion glasses, and with the ones I found, they dont line up at all, hell I'd wadger they were probably Persoles or Raybans, as those are the closest I could find.

I just wish I could ask him where they got them as supposedly people bought coats and the glasses to look like him after the film came out, yet no one has them.

Edited by Kavinsky