MIAMI VICE PRODUCTION CONTINUITY PHOTO & PAPERWORK!

COOPER&BURNETT

stan%20004_zpsna63qnnj.jpg

This is another Extremely, Extremely Rare item for you to see. This is so Rare...it's a One-Of-A-Kind!

This is a Continuity Polaroid photo of MICHAEL TALBOTT on the set of MIAMI VICE, on the paperwork with the description of what he is wearing.

The Polaroid is also a One-Of-A-Kind picture. In it, he's doing what he does best...goofing off for the camera! He looks like he's acting that he's passed out!  Here is a moment in time on the set, with a soda in one hand, and the script in the other. PRICELESS!

A continuity photo is taken of all the members of the cast on the day of filming, so that if they need to shoot a scene the next day, or a pick up shot later, they know what they wore, and how it visually looked.  Not many of these escaped the production into private hands. There are a precious few out there, but each one is different, and Unique. No two are alike. This is a rare example, so you, the member here, can see for the very first time what this item looked like when MIAMI VICE was on TV. 

Each photo is unique. Most actors just stood there, and didn't even smile for the photo, as it is only taken as a reference of what they looked like that day on the set. Michael, of course, liked to ham it up, and have fun with it, which makes it all the more fun! 

stan%20005_zps1cbmx2qt.jpg

On one side, and sometimes also under the taped-on Poloroid photo is a description as to what they wore. The Continuity Director worked closely with the Wardrobe Dept. This may have actually been taken by the Wardrobe Dept., as the Continuity Dept. had to keep an eye on every detail, such as props to make sure they are in the same place from shot to shot.

The description, in many cases even stated the maker of the clothes that were worn. It also usually gives the name of the Character, the scene of which he is in wearing the clothes, and the set it was worn on.

On the top right corner, under the actors name, is a number. That number incicates which episode the actor was filming at the time (titles change, but the episode production number won't). In this case, the number for the episode is 63519, indicating that this photo, and episode is from Season 4.  THE COWS OF OCTOBER episode number is 63510, but if you count up to 63519, it's not DELIVER US FROM EVIL, as he didn't wear these clothes in that episode. It's not in perfect sequence of the MIAMI VICE episodes in exact order, as they didn't make 6,000 + episodes. With a number as high as 63519, it encompasses all Universal Productions, and this number is the one that fell on the production of this particular episode. Other episodes from Season 4 are close to this number, so it is from Season 4. I don't know exactly which one ...yet.

I hope you have enjoyed this very rare look into the production of MIAMI VICE!

Once again, it's a MiamiViceOnline Exclusive!    

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 5

stan%20006_zpstsmjwqz3.jpg

Here's Michael Talbott's autograph on the sheet.

Glad you liked it Victor! This item is Exclusive to the website, and the Scrapbook secion.

Your right C Glide, it was taken at Greewich Studios (12100 NE 16 AVE to be exact!) Good eye Pal! :thumbsup: 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Hahaha, what the heck is he doing? :-D

Michael is such a great comedian i love to watch him presenting some kind of walk around the set or something,he always gives the clown.

He couldn't show all of his talent during the episodes but around the show.

What a great exclusive item COOP,this gave me a good laugh!

Edited by Christian
  • Like 1

He signed it, because he Personally owned it. He took it from the set. He owns many of them, and kept them. Beach_Vice, glad you liked it. It's the kind of thing you can expect from me to post. 

More cool stuff is on the way, that's why it's important to keep checking back to this website!

COOP

Thanks for sharing this picture & the info about why it was taken. I never thought the actors would forget what they were wearing. It makes sense to have a picture for the next days shoot.

Very cool!

• Like 1

Your welcome Tony D., Matt5, and Vicefan7777. You know, sometimes I just come across something in my collecion and think, "Ya know, I have just GOT to post this for the members to see!" I appreciate reading all the nice comments, as I get as much joy sharing it with you, as you get from seeing it. I have fun sharing this stuff with you, and helping you to learn something new about MIAMI VICE! 

Here's a new photo of what is behind the polaroid photo!

stan%20007_zpsmzgc1iwc.jpg

• Like 2

I love it! Michael is so funny, he and Zito really were the comic relief of this series, you just can't help but love him.

• Like 1

Michael Talbott and John Diehl teamed up again to do a movie short for John's son's 2014 low budget film, SAL AND THE GOON.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3868072/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1   Not sure if it's available to see. Some behind the scenes filming can be seen on youtube. It's not a comedy, but they are together again!

They really do have a life long friendship, and have said so during the FRENCH TWIST REUNION (S). They went to all of them, and just love each other's company. They are close to Saundra too, and to some degree, are close to Olivia too (I think they just know Saundra a little better, as she and Michael were room mates in Florida during the series as they rented a house, and John would show up there and hang with Michael and Saundra). 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

He was wearing the shirt in MISSING HOURS, but I don't think this is the episode it relates to.

Thanks to all who have replied to this thread. Not everyone has seen it yet, so I want everyone who can see it, to see it. It's a really unique, cool item from a show we all love, MIAMI VICE. These items were not meant to be seen by the public.  I wanted you to see it.

I think *this* kind of findings, which definitely are a Coop's exclusive, are something that really makes you feel immersed into the show.

While pics of the stars are for everybody, these precious, one-of-a-kind items are for the ones who caught the essence of it and want to dig deeper and deeper into it.

They are truly a part of a members-only "guided tour" on the set, like if it was 1984.

But, hey! It's 1984 here, isn't it?

• Like 2

Jerry Beck, What a truly wonderful comment! Thank you so much. I try to stay focused on posting only MIAMI VICE related information on this website for the members. l do it for members like you, those who truly appreicate things like this. You are right, it IS 1984 here!

Posting items such as this gives us a glimpse into the production of the show. We generally only see what the show presented to us on TV. Now, we can dive deeper into the production, and the making of a landmark show, and see what was not intended to be seen. We can learn from it, and study it. It gives us a greater understanding of what went into the making of MIAMI VICE.

It makes the show more real, and alive. 

Jerry Beck, What a truly wonderful comment! Thank you so much. I try to stay focused on posting only MIAMI VICE related information on this website for the members. l do it for members like you, those who truly appreicate things like this. You are right, it IS 1984 here!

Posting items such as this gives us a glimpse into the production of the show. We generally only see what the show presented to us on TV. Now, we can dive deeper into the production, and the making of a landmark show, and see what was not intended to be seen. We can learn from it, and study it. It gives us a greater understanding of what went into the making of MIAMI VICE.

It makes the show more real, and alive. 

Hey Coop,

You just gave me a major flashback with this post.  In the early 90's I was friends the woman who did continuity on Baywatch.  I remember she was always on the look out for polaroid film.  She would buy everything on the shelf anywhere she could find it.  That was before the internet made such things easy to get, yet polaroids were losing popularity by then so the film was getting harder to find.  She would be on set with a couple of polaroid cameras and a lanyard around her neck with dozens of pictures hanging on it.  She always had a hole puncher in her pocket to punch the picture and put it on the lanyard, and a sharpie to write stuff on the back and edges of the picture.  I haven't thought about her in years, or the whole concept of continuity.  I remember talking with her about it, but to be honest, it seemed pretty boring.  You have to be one of those detail oriented kind of people, and she certainly was!  Me. less so.  LOL!  Some good memories.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Excellent!! 

Pahonu, I enjoyed reading your post! How cool is that?!

Yep, those that do that for a living must have an eye for detail. If they mess up, someone spots it, and posts about a mistake they just caught on a show when watching it either on TV, DVD, or a movie. It does seem to be a job that might be a bit boring, but it's a job that is absolutely a must. Thank goodnes for these people. I wonder what your friend, if she's still in the busniess, does now. I think they have a new kind of polaroid out now, but it's just reciently become available.

Between those times, what did they do for continuity photos?