Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #13 "Score"

The real McCarthy

Episode # 13 "Score"

I always liked this episode. First half shows the glitz in the hotel lobby where C & T subdue the guy high on drugs' date=' and around the hotel's pool. Amazing, how glasses, buttoned-up shirt & parted hair comb, turn Sonny into a convincing nerd! I really felt bad for the hooker, Candy, when she got beat up by the bad cops. She had a certain tough charm to me. Rico looked sharp in cream colored jacket, tourquoise shirt & white tie. Also blue jacket, melon shirt & white tie. Stan & Larry were colorful ( yellow & black) matching the security vault decor. Second half is darker toned, matching Castillo's demeanor. We get to know him a lot better in this & the next episode. Up to this episode he only gave an icy stare or tough phrase. Now we see him use the skills he learned in southeast Asia as a DEA agent. He is a formidable opponent for the Thai assassin using judo etc. Then we learn he has a wife. One of my favorites. I rate it 10.I forgot one of my favorite scenes. Sonny is filing Elvis' claws & Szarbo & his partner walk up to the boat to make a deal. Szarbo stops what he's saying, & asks: " Is that a real alligator?" Sonny looks over at Tubbs & shakes his head as if to say, Is this guy for real! Cracked me up![/quote']I believe the fighting style Castillo is using is called Muay Thai which is roughly translated as Thai Boxing. You can see some of this style in the films ONG BANK and THE PROTECTOR ( my personal favorite) starring the incomporable Tony Jaa who is amazing to watch. One of the best features of his films are the fact that there are no wires or special effects in the fight scenes unlike many current marital arts movies.

Beach_Vice

I just watched this episode again and I was really impressed with the way it had all different types of show going on. There was serious stuff, mystery, action, comedy, it seemed to be a well rounded episode. We get to see Crockett trying out a few different types of undercover. The Pimp, the shy nerdy type, the hotel security... Each with its own wardrobe style too. Jan hammer has a new tune for this one, and it's a strange musical pattern, not 4/4. Great stuff though. Candy was quite a character, and so was zarbo. The retired cop helping out the robbers by trying to bust Crockett, and that whole scene was a very attention grabbing scene. I found myself worried that their cover was blown. Candy played along well. IMO, she should have been a small recurring role on the show.Great story, Great characters, great music... this is a must see episode!9/10 (not much from the supporting characters was the only thing lacking for me)

CharlieGlide

I just LOVE this episode. I've been playing "Candy" in the car for weeks now. It's probably my wife's fav. song from Vice. It always puts her in a good, cheerful mood, and that means so much to me at this time.If you put this show in the context with when it was originally aired, it was a real breath of fresh air for American tv. There was so much originality in this episode, and the tone was like nothing else on American tv at that time.Plus, the seen where Castillo is dining with Tubbs at the Thai restaurant...inspired me to go on my solo lunch at the Chinese joint several weeks back as I wrote about in the Miami Vice Fantasy Life thread. Cool, fresh and unorthodox episode that brings the '80s into sharp focus. I am always grateful for this episode when I watch it.

MiamiCop123

Stunning episode imo, we get to know more about Castillo's past and Crockett and Tubbs handle themselves pretty well with Szarbo, Ross, Garcia and even Candy. I noticed that the scene at the end where Crockett and Tubbs talk to Castillo is used as the opening for the Miami Vice music video.I dunno, if someone's already posted this or pointed it out, but when I saw it, i was like "sheeeeeeeeeit!" :)

9/10 for me, enjoy the video!

Matt5

I love both the Golden Triangle episodes :D

Pink Flaming0

Love this episode. Solid 9 in my book. :thumbsup::D

ArtieRollins

Golden Triangle Part 1: (1985)

Another episode that I have almost forgot over the past few years.
It begins rather comical with the Cookie monsters evil twin going berserk in a hotel, then Crockett decides to go undercover borrowing Lewis Skolnick (Revenge of the Nerds) clothes but it sure fools the hunter who becomes the hunted as the sarcastic but likeable Candy turns out to be a fine ally.
Sure after some high-tech stuff, Tubbs mean pimp slappin' and two bad guys who looked like they were taken out of a bad action movie it suddenly turns things up a notch right at the end and it was great watching Castillo doing some serious ass kicking.
Not a favorite, but it does features the great Jan Hammer tune Candy so I give it a
6/10

Matt5

Golden Triangle Part 1: (1985)

Another episode that I have almost forgot over the past few years.
It begins rather comical with the Cookie monsters evil twin going berserk in a hotel, then Crockett decides to go undercover borrowing Lewis Skolnick (Revenge of the Nerds) clothes but it sure fools the hunter who becomes the hunted as the sarcastic but likeable Candy turns out to be a fine ally.
Sure after some high-tech stuff, Tubbs mean pimp slappin' and two bad guys who looked like they were taken out of a bad action movie it suddenly turns things up a notch right at the end and it was great watching Castillo doing some serious ass kicking.
Not a favorite, but it does features the great Jan Hammer tune Candy so I give it a
6/10

I really enjoyed this episode and the two episode story arc - great music , locations in Turnberry Isle and guest stars - although Part 2 does move a little faster .

:D  :)  :thumbsup:

Remington

Kiss me and make it a love story.

I love the character of Candy as well as Candy by Jan Hammer. Its fricking beautiful.

The opening is pretty funny. Crockett made a convincing nerd. Always good to see Elvis. Castillo really comes into his own in this episode. The bit where he fights the guy in the alley is pretty badass.

9/10

• Like 1