Andrew Remington, New Metro-Dade Vice Detective

AndrewRemington

Hello, all!  It's about time I joined on here!  My name is Andrew, an American of primarily Italian and Norwegian heritage.  Remington is not my real last name, it's my middle name, but I like the sound of Andrew Remington.  It's how I sign my artwork.  

Man... and I wanted to be all mysterious like Castillo, but here I am blabbing!

I'm in my early 20s.  I got into Vice, not because of Vice City (although I do love that game!), but I developed a fondness for 80s music because my parents listened to it a lot.  From a young age, 80s music and culture really appealed to me, instead of the 90s and 2000s!  I started collecting vinyl around age 10!  I found a copy of the first Miami Vice soundtrack and just loved the cover!  Crockett and Tubbs looked so cool!   And I was familiar with Phil Collins and Glenn Frey songs, so I bought it!

Anyways... I got into the soundtrack and then got into the show!  My interest in the show rekindled when finding it on Esquire Network last year... Sadly, they removed it... But I have all five seasons on DVD... So, I can watch anytime I want, regardless!

I thought I'd share a picture of myself to introduce myself as well as show how much Miami Vice and the 80s inspire me!  By the way, this IS NOT Crockett costume, I am inspired by him, but this is just how I normally dress for work (I'm an assistant teacher/paraprofessional with special needs children).  I do admit, the clothing is very season 3, though.  And I get my haircut like Andrew McCarthy in "St. Elmo's Fire". :D A lot of people say I look like him... Even Jennifer Rubin said so (She guest-starred in "Leap of Faith"!  Met her at a horror convention... I'm a big "Nightmare on Elm Street" fan...)  

post-5664-0-66367600-1428362721_thumb.jp

WELCOME! Want to see Don Johnson's blazers he wore in MIAMI VICE, and VICE photoshoots? I own several! How about rare MIAMI VICE cast and crew items? How about photos from scenes in MIAMI VICE that were cut from the show?? Would you like to see props from the show? The actual script to the pilot episode? And....much, MUCH more?

Then visit my Personal, Private collection of items in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION!

Click here to view all the incredible threads! http://miamiviceonli...vice-scrapbook/

Welcome to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!!

-COOP

Thanks, Coop!  You have an extraordinary collection!  I'm very jealous!  

Did "The Shadow" from "Shadow in the Dark" raid your Crockett pants collection? lol

• Like 1

Yes, your right. The Shadow from SHADOW IN THE DARK did steal my men's pants collection.

Oddly enough, I'm missing flour and meat from my fridge too... ?( 

• Like 1

Welcome to Miami, Andrew. Meeting young people so in love with MV and the 80s doesn't cease to surprise me. I'm glad you guys are here.

More, you're maybe one of the few that didn't come to MV because of GTA (btw, I barely know what this game is...). You got into the show because of its soundtrack, which is a great thing. And your job is a special one, the kind of profesion you can be proud of.

Welcome again pal, see you around here.

JB

Hi pal! and a big welcome to the forum :shout: I'm also a younger dude into Vice I'm 19 years old, always great to see young fellas like you into Vice, welcome to the forum pal, you are awesome.! any young dude into a Vice is a top lad in my book, always amazing..I'm glad you joined here.

Welcome to the site, Andrew! Also glad to see another young one join in on the Miami Vice fun and it's always nice to meet more Vice City fans. Have to say I agree on the Andrew McCarthy thing, even cooler you both sharing the same first names.

Again, welcome!  :thumbsup:

Thank you!  It's a shame Andrew McCarthy didn't guest star on Vice ever.  I think he would have been great for the role of Eddie Rivers in "Milk Run"!