Season 5 backstage pic?

Jerry B.

:D:done::thumbsup:

Best decision NOT to resist !!

Jerry Beck - thank you for having the ***** to share this. I mean it like I say.
There are many reason -wrong reasons- you could have renounced to show this image of your past.

I am thankful you shared this !
That is not a cheap imitation.
What I see is a tough man with 'many' similarities but in the result it is YOU !

I lived this time in the 80s in the ... I think best age :p of my life.
I have seen those 'boys' who tried to copy.

You're no copy.  You are you. A very lucky you !!!

See me :happy: about your post !!! :clap::fireworks:

Edited by bluepearl
  • Like 1

Blue, what can I say... Huge thanks for your words!  You left me almost speechless, which is not an easy thing ;-)

But let me tell, I'm a quite discreet guy, so every time I'm about to post a picture or some news about me, I always ask myself: "Would this really be interesting for the community?". If the answer is "no", I just don't post. With this particular picture I think is a bit different, cause is also a memory of an era we all love. I see myself totally 80s, more than "totally Crockett".

By the way, that was the last season for me too :-) After 1992/3 i cut my hair and dropped all my 80s blazers etc. It's been a long time.

Then, many many years later I found this site and thought "Hey, I'm not the only freak to see (and love) so many things in that old TV show". That's why I'm with you guys.

And the 80s are starting to come back in me also thanks to the guys and girls here. Thank you for that, folks.

PS I have a little bunch of pics from that era. If requested, I will post them here.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 2

If you have more fashionable images such as the first one, I would personally be very interested to see them. Equally so anyone else's interpretation of that particular style of the era. Naturally also you shouldn't feel forced to post anything that you feel compromises your discretion.

• Like 1

There was this track, "The Boys of Summer" by Glenn Frey Don Henley playing in my head when I saw that pic.

Remember that one, Jerry? A classic.

Do post more photos if you want to.

edit: It was Henley indeed... :thumbsup:

Edited by Markwey
  • Like 1

Hey Markwey, thanks for your comment.

You bet, The Boys Of Summer is one of the tracks that definitely should have been on MV. Couldn't agree more. But it's Don Henley, not Frey ;-)

Ok, I think I will post more pics, sure I have another two, stay tuned ;-)

PS Great avatar and signature, pal.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 2

If requested, I will post them here.

R E Q U E S T E D !  please . . . :thumbsup: 

wow... blue made it to write a post with only two words !

Great pic from Season 5s "Line of Fire"

Pic is from Over the line. The vigilante hide-out shot on location on N.Bayhomes Drive.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

WOW! Dude, you really have it going on!

I'm so happy that you decided to take a chance and post something like this. As you can see, those of us who have posted on this thread are Very happy that you did, and we want more!

We are true fans, and want to see stuff by true fans.

Dude, those pants are absolutely Awesome!

Consider this my request for more images. Not all have to be perfect, just post what you wish to share. I take many shots of me wearing blazers etc., and I only post the best of the photos. Most are never seen, as they just aren't what I want to post.

Who took the photo? You look totally cool.

I enjoy this site when someone has the fun to post pictures like this, to show how much MIAMI VICE means to them. We have lots of threads on here that have nothing to do with MIAMI VICE. (I prefer to mostly just stick with MIAMI VICE stuff, that's why it's called, "MiamiViceonline") I don't mind if members wish to post about non MIAMI VICE things, but I get REALLY excited when someone takes out their personal time, and does something such as this. THIS is why I come here. Members like you Jerry, who love to share, and make people want to come here. I look for posts like this!

Your good for this site Pal.  I'm so glad you are with us, and share with us too!  If we all did this (post about MIAMI VICE) on a regular basis, imagine how much fun that would be? 

GREAT JOB Jerry! You made me smile, and I'm looking forward to whatever you post next!

-COOP

• Like 2

Thank you very much, guys. I really didn't expect such a response!

Coop, thank you for your nice message, much appreciated. I still have those 1988 trousers, you can see them in my Miami Trip 2014 gallery, I mxed them with some other contemporary clothes. If I find the time, I will make a detailed photoshoot of them, in true C&B's style ;-)

And I agree with you Coop, we can post everything as long it's related to MV, but you always posted real MV items, while mine are just something you could buy in the stores. That's why I was a bit doubtful wheter to post my pics or not. But it looks like I can go on with that ;-)

Thinking about the time the shots were taken (92/93), it's curious to see how I was (almost) never associated with Crockett back then. That was the fashion after all, and that was just my everyday look - believe it or not - even before the show was on air, or became a hype. Very few times I've been told "Hey dude, you look like Don".

If I wore that way now, I guess I'd look like a cosplayer. And that's not me. Maybe I look like an older Johnson now in my 2000s clothes, who knows. Hahahah!

That said, I'm starting to revamping the style a bit, and it's your fault guys! Thanks for bringing back this very part of me.

Upcoming next: Armani blazer and white tee ;-)

JB

• Like 1

well I think at that point alot of people were at Vice Burnout, and 1993 is not too far off from the creation of Nash Bridges so it could have been that they were just too used to that to notice it.

Jerry, It's interesting, but I've noticed that when you've lost interest in something, after a time, if your with people who ARE into it, you yourself start getting back into it, because it's new again! That's happened with me on several hobbies and interests.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

You're right Coop, but in this case is a bit more complex.

I never really lost interest for the 80s. To me they were and forever will be my time. I was forced to put them aside, cause times were changing, I was getting older and just couldn't pretend it's still 1984. Everything we all used to love was literally banned.

Nowadays we have tons of classic radios, lots of remakes, revivals and look backs in various form. Today, saying your're a fan of the 80s is cool. Listening to old LPs is cool also. Showing dislike for contemporary stuff is common, even among young guys. Look at this board: impossible to even imagine something barely similar in 1990s. The turn of the decade was a shock: everything from the previous one was outlawed. I had to reinvent myself, in any sense.

That said, I agree with you, being in company of passionate enthusiasts as you are, is viral. And I'm here to be infected ;-)

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 2

You asked for it, you got it.

Armani blazer. I no longer have it. Sorry for the bad quality of the pic. It comes from an old slide, and the scanner is cheap. But believe me, the jacket was absolutely amazing, could have been on MV, seriously.

Enjoy ;-)

mirror1sml.jpg

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 3

Jerry, you and Don Johnson look so so much alike!  (how many times have I said that? xD) but these? these pictures are fantastic, and what Coop said..you are awesome pal, and you really are a great part of this community, when people post pictures and share with us all their Miami Vice things and clothing, it's always absolutely epic and great to see.

I love that second picture as well, you look like one of Don's stunt doubles or definitely look like you could be in the show, when Don held out briefly why didn't they ask you?  :)  ;)

Personally I love this website, talking to people who watched MV or lived the 80's or the life back in the 80's, and like I said before...I couldn't have met a nicer bunch of people! truly fantastic all of you. 

And yes Jerry, requesting more pictures for sure!  :cool:

Yes, Mann called me a couple of times, but I was busy and the money was not enough for me, so I left Don the part.

Seriously, Detective_Crockett, huge thanks for your comment. I'm surprised, guys. As I wrote, I didn't get such a feedback not even in the days those shot were taken.

I'm gald as well to be part of this community, and glad to see I'm not alone. So many nice, fair and committed girls and boys, is not something you can take for granted in 2015. (Sorry, I keep forgettin it's 1984 here ;-)

What can I say, in 1992 I really couldn't figure out one day those pictures would receive such amount of attention. Thanks guys.

JB

• Like 2

That's totally sick dude! I love the picture! The blazer is simply awesome!

About what age were you in the photo?

Do you wish you still had the blazer, or is it just a fond memory today? I'm stoked to see more photos!

-COOP 

• Like 1

You asked for it, you got it.

Armani blazer. I no longer have it. Sorry for the bad quality of the pic. It comes from an old slide, and the scanner is cheap. But believe me, the jacket was absolutely amazing, could have been on MV, seriously.

Enjoy ;-)

mirror1sml.jpg

Yeepers! :D

That is even better than the previous image.

I simply do not get why you did not get stopped at each corner in the streets.

Believe me I were not walked past you without asking you WHO you are.

Sure I would have known it is not Johnson, but my curiosity and interest would have stopped your way.

I am so thankful you have started to open your books.

This blazer is a 10 and you wear it on the spot, Jerry.

You have waited for so long to show these images -so good you kept at least them- probably you have waited for the right audience. Be sure... you found it !!!

Yes, Mann called me a couple of times, but I was busy and the money was not enough for me, so I left Don the part.

Next joker in the pot for the best reply fitting to the image. :D :D :)

That's totally sick dude! I love the picture! The blazer is simply awesome!

I'm stoked to see more photos!

-COOP 

I agree agree agree !!!!! :thumbsup:

Blue, Coop, thank you so much.

And - yes - it really looks like I found the right audience for these memories of mine. I was about 31/33 when the shots were taken. I wish I still had that blazer cause it was just great. I think it couldn't be worn nowadays, it had huge shoulder pads, but it would be nice to have it and put it on once in a while.

Blue, people didn't use to stop me at every corner :-) some told me (and still does) I have some gesture recalling DJ, and maybe a vague resemblance with him, but that's all. I realize what a big difference time and space can make. I'm glad that images finally found a home here.

Unfortunately I don't have many pictures of me from that time, and they all are slides, so scanning is not easy (at least with a cheap scanner). I guess many of them get lost over the years, which is sick. But - you know - when you're young you think the time is still, and you just don't need to make a memory of it cause it will last forever. How wrong I was in that restless age.

I have another one, not my favorite cause it doesn't really look like me, but I will post it next, as the scenery is cool.

Thnks again, guys. Glad to be part of the band.

• Like 1