Your top pet peeves.

Detective_Crockett

We all have pet peeves, what is your one?

Mine for example:

When you message somebody and they see it, but take ages to reply.

When somebody sits next to you on public transport when you like your own space.

When you ask a waiter or waitress to bring you something and he/she says: ''No problem" and then forgets but suddenly remembers when he/she makes the bill and it's time for his/her tip.

When people drive so slow in a 40 zone.

Racism, I hate racism with an undying passion, whether it's aimed at White, Black, Brown, Asian people...whoever, it bugs the hell out of me.

Stereotypes 

Prejudice

Hypocrites

People who don't use turn signals!

When people don't wash their hands after using the toilet.

Bad grammar text talk (When people type ''u'' or ''ur'' or ''yea'' as a way to speak online, I did it when I was much younger, but ever since I learned professional grammar in my mid teens (14-15) it feels ridiculous now.

Alright, that's a few of mine, what are yours?  

(Keep adding to this list even if you have already submitted something!)
Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Drivers who stop in the acceleration lane when entering a highway.  You have your own lane, keep moving!

• Like 2

Drivers who stop in the acceleration lane when entering a highway.  You have your own lane, keep moving!

Yes - oh those that brake then indicate to turn - dangerous !?! 

Not a Pet Peeve, necessarily but more of a rant:  Why is it when a guy and a girl have an argument and the guy is (supposedly) in the wrong, the girl will hold a grudge until she's ready to turn the page?  Case in point:  This morning my girlfriend decided to pour some melted chocolate over a box of Dunkin Donut Munchkins (doughnut holes, basically).  So she gets up to open the vertical blinds and has the box of muchkins (now dripping chocolate all over the floor and drapes) in one hand.  I made a comment like "watch what your doing"...we'll that was it, she starts yelling at me and the "cold shoulder" portion began, instant "dog house" for me until she's ready to turn the page.  I, on the otherhand, would never hold a grudge, I would just fix the problem and move on.  But oh no, not her!  This scenario has happened countless times and really irks me.  I do everything to make her life as comfortable as possible but the minute I raise my voice a little, she takes it as I'm shouting at her.  And she wonders why after 6 years together we're still not married...           

• Like 1

Not a Pet Peeve, necessarily but more of a rant:  Why is it when a guy and a girl have an argument and the guy is (supposedly) in the wrong, the girl will hold a grudge until she's ready to turn the page?  Case in point:  This morning my girlfriend decided to pour some melted chocolate over a box of Dunkin Donut Munchkins (doughnut holes, basically).  So she gets up to open the vertical blinds and has the box of muchkins (now dripping chocolate all over the floor and drapes) in one hand.  I made a comment like "watch what your doing"...we'll that was it, she starts yelling at me and the "cold shoulder" portion began, instant "dog house" for me until she's ready to turn the page.  I, on the otherhand, would never hold a grudge, I would just fix the problem and move on.  But oh no, not her!  This scenario has happened countless times and really irks me.  I do everything to make her life as comfortable as possible but the minute I raise my voice a little, she takes it as I'm shouting at her.  And she wonders why after 6 years together we're still not married...           

Wow, she sounds exactly like my ex..in the end I ended the relationship and figured I could do much better.

My peeve is when I'm in a situation where I'm forced to deal with people smoking and there's no convenient way for me to escape.  But you know what, the first two seasons of Vice are still my favorites and Sonny did look pretty cool smoking his Lucky Strikes.  I wonder if any fans were inspired (no pun intended) to take up smoking because of Crockett?    

On 4/11/2015 at 5:58 PM, mirrorimageegamirorrim said:

My peeve is when I'm in a situation where I'm forced to deal with people smoking and there's no convenient way for me to escape.  But you know what, the first two seasons of Vice are still my favorites and Sonny did look pretty cool smoking his Lucky Strikes.  I wonder if any fans were inspired (no pun intended) to take up smoking because of Crockett?   

That's also why they stopped Sonny smoking in Season 3, 4 and 5...because of smoking laws, and they were worried fans would be inspired by him  :)

Yeah, the producers didn't like the idea of young people emulating Crockett when it came to smoking.

A wise choice for Johnson quitting it himself in his personal life around the time.

Edited by Markwey

On 4/11/2015 at 9:26 PM, Markwey said:

Yeah, the producers didn't like the idea of young people emulating Crockett when it came to smoking.

A wise choice for Johnson quitting it himself in his personal life around the time.

I do feel a little silly for starting because of stress in my personal life..but now whenever it comes down to it. Gotta stop.

hmm the entire parking lot is empty and they park next to my car rather than keeping atleast one space free next to it on either side like I make a point to with everyone else.

just to make the place look more full I think, like its a psycholgical problem with some people, and or parking to close to it, hell its only the other night that someone actually parked next to my car with enough space that I wouldnt have to worry about it

like thank god atleast one person gets it, thank you guy in the lexus.

or having to repeat myself 3 times, like a reverse of what Mustafa hates

and believe me I can sympathise.

and well actors in tv shows who show no emotion or real reaction to finding a dead body or a crime that has been commited, as it always seems like the bad guys are more human than the good guys just because of it, because they act like corrupted humans and not robots.

oh heres this guy whos been shot 3 times on NCIS LA from the other night, found by the shaggy haired flea bag who would have been forced to cut his hair and wear a suit if they had just done their research, this guy

180px-Eric_Christian_Olsen_-_Monte-Carlo

what an ugly mug

and its been found in an empty building so let me just keep talking, joking and walking around while annoying my female partner in a friendly way while this man lies here dead. rather than checking the area and keeping my trap shut. as to not to alert the perp to our presence and possibly get us killed

I mean god forbid you act like a real person would, I mean my reaction would be, if you say one more bloody word I am going to go back to my car and grab my clippers while looking at this body, while I grab for the phone and call for backup

or rather it would be this at 8:55

I mean your actors, act like you just found a dead man, as how are we supposed to believe that this has really happened when all your acting like is the guy slipped and fell in a pie, and then died from it.

atleast there it would be as funny as the Deforest Kelly Dog Story at 1:47

and you'd have a reason to act like that.

Guilty right here..I smoke Lucky Strikes  ;(  :(

I like to think I took up smoking because of stress (Which I did!) but I totally did it also because of Sonny.  :(

I'm 19, and I'm easily inspired. xD

That's also why they stopped Sonny smoking in Season 3, 4 and 5...because of smoking laws, and they were worried fans would be inspired by him  :)

I'm not recalling DJ giving reasons why he stopped smoking cigs during the fall 1985 season of Vice, but I know the ACS applauded his decision as they felt it impacted younger viewers' decisions to smoke. I'd be surprised if the network had anything to do with his decision, as smoking was not that uncommon on tv. This article mentions some of this: http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-24/entertainment/ca-1538_1_don-Johnson

Btw, he is known for lighting up stogies, or at least back in 2002 when he was featured on the cover of Cigar Aficionado.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I keep telling the dog to keep from doing that on the ru ... oh, pet peeves.

The only pet peeve that really gets to me is the local Best Buy changing the store layout almost every month. All I want them to do is have a consistent layout where the Blu-rays aren't scattered throughout the store (Oh look The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 for six bucks! .... in the fridge section.") and stick with it.

• Administrators

The grammar one gets me all the time... I dropped out early, but people who completed their schooling don't know the difference between your and you're, and can't spell to save their lives.

Then you correct them and they say it's unimportant because it's on the Internet. But with it being on public display, the internet is one of the most important places to use correct grammar.

If you're going to use a language, at least use it correctly.

So I'm a bit of a "grammar nazi" myself..

• Like 2

The grammar one gets me all the time... I dropped out early, but people who completed their schooling don't know the difference between your and you're, and can't spell to save their lives.

Then you correct them and they say it's unimportant because it's on the Internet. But with it being on public display, the internet is one of the most important places to use correct grammar.

If you're going to use a language, at least use it correctly.

So I'm a bit of a "grammar nazi" myself..

And of course when you're writing a resume (CV over here) how are you going to get any type of job with bad grammar?

• Like 1

People who don't respect your opinion because it doesn't match theirs.  :(

Another pet peeve.

Speaking of bad grammar.  I cringe whenever I hear on cop shows "dead body".  That is totally incorrect.  As anyone ever heard someone say "alive body"?  Just say something like "a body was found..."   Plus, I hear this too many times.  "Tomorrow morning at 8 AM".  We all know "AM" refers to morning, so using morning and AM in the same sentence is redundant.  Plus, don't get me going on hearing PIN number.  AAAAHHHHH!!!

Speaking of bad grammar.  I cringe whenever I hear on cop shows "dead body".  That is totally incorrect.  As anyone ever heard someone say "alive body"?  Just say something like "a body was found..."   Plus, I hear this too many times.  "Tomorrow morning at 8 AM".  We all know "AM" refers to morning, so using morning and AM in the same sentence is redundant.  Plus, don't get me going on hearing PIN number.  AAAAHHHHH!!!

Whoops, sorry lol I guess its just one of those things like calling a performance car a sports car, as its just out of habit more than anything else.

and that's another one to add to the list in of itself.

Edited by Kavinsky

When people don't wash their hands after using the toilet.

I just finished watching the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets to know a bit more than he would like to know about the man who is going to make dinner for him and his girlfriend.

The look on Jerry's face.  :)

Anyway back to the topic.

Rude people.

It never stops to amaze me how many of them who are out there, that are just having a very "bad day", everyday.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Speaking of grammar. Our newscasters are some of the worst!  One of my favorites is whenever flags are lowered. They always say "the flags have been lowered to half mast"  And I always say "what are we on a ship?"  Flags are lowered to half mast on a ship, when you're on land it's half staff!

Checking your bank balance at the ATM and hoping for the best....

One of my most scariest things to ever do.  :)

• Administrators

Speaking of grammar. Our newscasters are some of the worst! One of my favorites is whenever flags are lowered. They always say "the flags have been lowered to half mast" And I always say "what are we on a ship?" Flags are lowered to half mast on a ship, when you're on land it's half staff!

Well that's true. On a tallship - the mast is what the sails are attached to. The rope line, and the wooden poles.

But the news is full of misinformation anyway... I don't even bother watching it.