Pack bags carefully if travelling to Miami or JFK airports

cageyJG

• Administrators

Thanks for the heads up.

We usually padlock our baggage, always have been. No matter where you go, you should always lock up your bags.

• Like 1

the TSA has been heavily checking stuff, and they will cut open anything if they think its suspicious, so I would keep the valuable stuff in the carry on's

it was in of all places the gun test magazine this month, where the guy described how secure he had made his laptop and a few other key items, yet regardless they cut through his lock and checked it anyways and apparently they found things like inert C4 in a package at one point in one of the international airports.

Edited by Kavinsky

When I'm traveling for more then 2-3 days to one destination (such as vacation) I ship my luggage FedEx or UPS directly to the hotel I'll be staying at. Then I just have a small carry-on for my trip, makes flying a breeze and hassle free. Good way to avoid baggage handlers going through your things at the airport. 

• Administrators

When I'm traveling for more then 2-3 days to one destination (such as vacation) I ship my luggage FedEx or UPS directly to the hotel I'll be staying at. Then I just have a small carry-on for my trip, makes flying a breeze and hassle free. Good way to avoid baggage handlers going through your things at the airport. 

That is actually a really good idea!  :thumbsup:

For valuable things which are too big for carry-on, like a laptop or something. 

I've never had a bag stolen or contents stolen, though I did wait for a lost bag in Milan once for 2 days before it showed up. Some business travelers I knew had items stolen from their hotel rooms, however.

I always carry my valuables on a carry-on bag to prevent theft. A wheeled carry-on bag is useful for business travel as you can load it up with a laptop, chargers, and other heavier items and just pull it through the terminals.

But I have seen things rearranged in my checked back many times especially when heading to destinations such as Israel, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico, to name a few, so I know security/baggage handling goes through bags.  And if you put a lock on your checked bags, don't be surprised if the TSA cuts the lock to inspect your bags.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett