The Family

agent 47

Okay, vicers, this is a story that takes place when Tubbs took a leave during season one, Crockett is going to Gainesville, Fl., the story stars various characters from the show, plus a few from the Grand Theft Auto series. (Hope that's okay.) Here we go!

Part one: "Welcome to Gainesville, Florida"Crockett didn't care much for this trip, he was riding on the interstate in his Ferrari wearing his sunglasses, he has no backup, Tubbs is up in New York, but he said to himself he doesn't need it, he just meets up with the lieutenant of the vice squad in Gainesville, Willie Schroeder, who he knew would be a real jerk because he had trouble with his brother in Miami, during the Lombard case, his brother is a internal affairs agent, how was this Schroeder going to be like? How many of them are cops? Crockett was trying to put his mind off it so he put in his Eric Clapton tape, "I Shot the Sheriff" came on, "Great!", he said out loud. Along the way he thought about the case, Lombard was still out there, but another family was trying to move in on him, The Leone Family. Headed by Giuseppe Leone, he is an old geezer, about eighty three, still ruthless, but useless, his son Salvatore Leone really runs the show, now they are tring to muscle in on Lombard, Castillo sent him to Gainesville due to the fact that Salvatore's goons are stealing Lombards semi's, which carry various things from money to weapons and was taking them to the Gainesville area, Salvatore has a mansion there, Crcokett was to find where the trucks were going, aww, nuts, he thought, now he really wishes Tubbs was with him, it was going to be a mess! Crockett finally reached the turn off, he has just entered Gainesville, Florida!

Part two: "Meet Schroeder"Crockett knew where the police staton was, he used to live here when he played for the the Gators. The squad room looks just like the one in Miami thought Crockett when he entered, he asked a man where Schroeder was, another man walks over. "I'm Schroeder"- the man said. "Sonny Crockett"-Sonny said shaking his hand. "Yeah, I know who you are, I remember that brother of mine was investigating you a while back, never did have a brain that brother of mine"- Crockett was suprised, this Schreder was a nice guy, looked just like his brother too. "Come with me, we'll talk over here"- Crockett follows him to a conference room. A little later.... Sonny sat at the end of the table, Schroeder was standing in front of a map, he was staring at it shaking his head. "So we finally know where all the shipments are coming from, can't believe the Leones had this much guts."- Schroeder said. "So you don't know where they are taking the goods?"-Crockett. "Nah, but we do have a lead, some Columbian was last arrested when we seized one of the trucks, Fernando Valdez, he drove the truck, couldn't get squat outta' him, we got him the county jail right now"- Schroeder. "Hmm"-Crockett gets up. "How about we talk to him?"- Crockett. Schroeder was about to say something when a detective interrupted them. "Valdez made bail"- the detective said and walked off. Crockett and Schroeder leave. Outside the jail, Valdez gets into a limo and the limo drives off, Crockett and Schroeder follow him in the Ferrari.... later at Valdez's house, Valdez is dropped off, Crockett pulls up to a curb, parks and pulls out some binoculars and starts watching Valdez, Valdez walks in the house. "Wanna sit and wait?"- Schroeder. Crockett puts the binoculars down. "Yeah, sure"- Crockett. A little later, they are still sitting there, Valdez leaves his house and walks over to his Crockett pulls out his binoculars, he quickly checks on the activity, he puts the binoculars back down. "Allright, he's on the move..."- Crockett. BOOOOM! The truck explodes into a large fireball, the truck hops into the air and slams the roof of the garage, the garage is a burning inferno. Crockett and Schroeder sit in shock of what happened.....

Part three: "The Leone Family"Crockett and Schroeder stood in the streetstaring at the remians of the house where Valdez was, the CSI said there was hardly anything left of the body besides feet. It was obvious who planted the bomb. "Damn, we''ll they definitely wanted him dead"- Crockett. "Crazy, this is geting outta control."- Schroeder. A bomb expert approaches them. "It was definitely a car bomb, special order, hard to identify."- Bomb expert. "Thanks Tuddy."- Schroeder. The bomb expert walks off. "We need to pay a visit to Mr. Leone"- Schroeder. "Thought you wouldn't mention it"- Crockett says then they walk off. They pull up in Crockett's Ferrari to the Leone mansion, which was a huge, moss covered place. They walk up to the side door and knock. A man opens the door. "Hey boys, come in"- The man said. They entered. In Salvatore Leone's office, Salvatore sat behind the desk drinkng some scotch. Sonny and Schroeder enter. "Sit down, boys"- Salvatore. They sit. "Scotch?"- Salvatore. "No"- Schroeder. "Sure, why not?"- Crockett. A man brings Crockett a glass, Schroeder gives Sonny a look. "So what can I do for ya' boys?"- Salvatore. "Do you know a man named Fernando Valdez?"- Schroeder. "Yeah, a friend of my sons, posted his bail today, what about hiim?"- Salvatore. "He was blown to pieces today"-Schroeder. "A tragedy, my son will be heartbroken."- Salvatore. "Yeah, I bet he will"-Crockett. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean, I'm just a respectable business man, I made my fortune through being a union delegate."- Salvatore. "It means nothing, just thought we'd let you know, that is all."- Schroeder. Sonny puts down his glass and gets up and walks towards the door, Schroeder stands in the doorway. Sonny turns back to Salvatore "You know, Lombard does not like what happened to his truck, he'll knock at your door one day, just be sure to know when not to answer."-Sonny says then walks out. Outside, Schroeder and Sonny hop back into the Ferrari. "What do you think?"- Schroeder. "I think Sal needs to lose some weight"-Crockett. "Wells lets trim some fat."-Schroeder. Sonny pulls out of the driveway and drives off.

Part four: "Antifreeze and Waldo"Crockett and Schroeder were back at the station, Crockett was sitting in the squad room drinking coffee, Schroeder approaches him. "Hey, how's the coffee?"-Schroeder. "Tastes like engine oil!"-Crockett said with a low voice. Schroeder just laughs. "I got a lead, a while back we busted a fence named Laurence Lamarr, we call him Skinny Lamarr. I called him, he said he knows something about the trucks."-Schroeder. "Do you think this bozo knows something?"-Crockett. "I really can't say, never has failed us before, wants us to meet him at the sushi bar downtown."-Schroeder. "Fine, better than sitting here drinking antifreeze!"-Crockett. They exit the squad room. Crockett, Schroeder and Skinny Lamarr sit at the sushi bar. A sushi chef was dicing up ingredients for the sushi. Skinny was a weasel-looking man. About twenty five. He was sitting there eating. "So, Lamarr, you called us out here, what have you got?"-Schroeder. Your man needs to get a new suit, it looks like hell."-Lamarr. "Hey, bozo, we came out here because you said you know something about the truck hijackings, now are you gonna tell us or do I have to shove that sushi crap up your nose?"-Crockett. "I disapprove of violence, look a friend of mine and I were at a bar, he started bragging about how the Leone wanted him to sell a load of guns, he was thrilled, always wanted to be a gangster."-Lamarr. "Where is he selling the guns?"-Schroeder. "At the Waldo Flea Market, he is doing an under the table kinda deal."-Lamarr. "A flea market?"-Crockett. "Yeah."-Lamarr. They got up and started walking towards the door. "Hey, wanna bite?"-Lamarr. "Sorry, but I don't eat raw foods."-Crockett says then walks out the door. They get back into the Ferrari. "Looks like were gonna need backup!"-Schroeder. "Well, you can only call the troops."-Crockett. They ride off in the Ferrari. The next day was a Saturday. Crockett and Schroeder stood by the Ferrari, the team was there, ready to go. "Wonder where the boys are?"-Schroeder. "Probably getting donuts"-Crockett. "Well they're late."-Schroeder. Three police cruisers pull up. The cops get out and team up with the vice detectives. "Took you long enough, let's go!"-Schroeder. They enter the flea market. "Where is the guy supposed to be?'-Crockett. "In the back."-Schroeder. They run through one of the buildings with open ends. Gunshots ring out in the distance, along with some shouting. They see a car speed off, the tent where the gun dealer was supposed to be had the flap open, the team stopped to notice that the flap was covered in blood. In the tent, Schroeder was talking to a CSI. The dealer was dead. Crockett stood staring at a weird medallion laying on a table. "Hey, Schroeder, what does this thing mean?"-Crockett. Schroeder walks to him. "It's a message, the dragon represents who did this."-Schroeder. "Uh huh, so who did it?"-Crockett. "The Triads."-Schroeder. Crockett turns to Schroeder then looks back at the medallion.

Part five: "Johnny Zoo" Back at the station, the team was in the squad room, the board was cleared off. Schroeder stood at the board, Crockett sat at the end of the table. Schroeder had photos with him. He puts them up, they show various asian men and women. "The Triads, an asian organized crime group that has various affiliated groups across the country, the one here is called The Zaibatzu, headed by one Johnny Zoo, some call him "Son Zoo", or "Son of Zoo", his father was a top boss in Shanghai, one of the biggest outfits there where they import drugs, his father died in the 70's during a failed deal in Vietnam, believed to have been killed at the orders of the Sergeant, the son has always wanted revenge but the Sergeant is a Macguffin, a man who may not exist, he joined with the Triads and came here and now runs the family here."-Schroeder. "Where can we find this Johnny Zoo?'- Crockett. "He owns a resteraunt called "The China Garden."-Schroeder. "Sounds like we need to pay a visit."-Crockett. Outside, Crockett was on the phone with the Lieutenant, Castillo. "Report."-Castillo. "Doesn't look good, Lieutenant, we have a Triad gang muscling in on Leone, bodies are already piling up."-Crockett. "You need to stay on it"-Castillo. "I wish Tubbs was here, has he contacted you yet?"- Crockett. "No."-Castillo. "Hmm, I'm working with Schroeder on this."-Crockett. "Schroeder?'-Castillo. "Yeah."-Crockett. "Crockett, watch out, his brother was just picked up for bribery charges, remember who you're dealing with."-Castillo."I'll keep you posted."-Crockett. Crockett puts the phone back up, irony, Schroeder investigated him for bribery. Crockett looks at Schroeder talking to his team in the conference room. Crockett and Schroeder pulled up to the China Garden, the door was wide open, the lights were turned out, Crockett and Schroeder entered. "I'll find the switch."-Schroeder goes to find the switch. Crockett stood there and lit up a cigarette. The lights came on. Blood was everywhere, bodies layed sprawled out on the floor. "Schroeder!'-Crockett. Schroeder comes running out and sees all the bodies. "What tha..."-Schroeder. He walks up to a body in the middle of the room, it's Johnny Zoo. Schroeder walked over to him, he looked down. "Damn, well I guess the Leones struck back."-Schroeder. A man pops out of the bathroom with a machine gun. "Drop!'-Crockett. Schroeder drops down, the man shoots, Crockett pulls his gun and shoots the man three time, killing him. Schroeder gets up and both him and Crockett run out. Crockett and Schroeder hop into the Ferrari and speed off. On the road, another Ferrari chases after them, a red one. The red one is carrying two men, one with a Mac 10! The gunman in the read car starts shooting at Crockett and Schroeder, Schroeder pulls out his gun and returns fire. The red Ferrari pulls up beside them and thw gunman loads his clip and tries to load his gun, Schroeder shoots him in the head, knocking him out of the car. The red Ferrari loses control and crashes into a sign. "They have pushed it!'-Schroeder. Schroeder is angry. He takes a few deep breaths. "We are gonna take the Leones down!'-Schroeder. The car drives off into the distance.

Remember, post comments on the thread this link takes you to!:www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?p=19480#post19480

Part Six: "Death Of A Hero" Crockett sat in Lietenant Schroeders office drinking a coffee, Schroeder sat behind the desk, holding his head, he was laying back in his chair, a man walks in. "CSI have the report..."-Man. "I don't care, do it all yourself."-Schroeder. The man walks off, Crockett gives Schroeder a suprise stare. "Lieutenant."-Crockett. "Just call me Willie, please! This job already sucks, don't need it to suck more."-Schroeder. "Did you know you're brother was arrested?"-Crockett. "Yeah, the pinhead called me asking for money."-Schroeder. Crockett looks down at the floor. Another man walks in. "Salvatore Leone has gone back to Liberty City."-Man. "Damn it!"-Schroeder gets up and kicks the wall. The man enters and stands by the door. "Well that's that, (Schroeder puts on his sportscoat) I'm going home for some sleep."-Schroeder. Crockett watches him leave. "I never seen him like this."-Man. "It gets to us all."-Crockett. Schroeder pulls up to his house, he gets out of the car, there were bushes along his walkway, as he walks up the walkway and grips the right key, a man hops over the bushes with a shotgun. Schroeder turns around. Blam! The blast knocks Schroeder to the ground, Schroeder reaches for his gun, Blam!, the gunman fires again, Schroeder is shot in the upper torso, the gunman gets into a car, the driver is Tony Leone. Willie Schroeder is dead. That morning, Crockett drives over to his house and sees the cruisers, Crockett gets out and notices the paramedics hauling a body bag to the ambulance. Crockett approaches the man from yesterday, Ray Machowski. "Schroeder?"-Crockett. Ray nods. Crockett freezes, it hits him hard. Here was an honest cop, angry due to his city being torn apart in a vicious gang war, and now he's dead. Crockett walks off, "Where you going?"-Ray. "To do what needs to be done."-Crockett. Ray runs to stop Crockett. "You ain't gonna?'-Ray. "I'm bringing him in, one way or the other."-Crockett. "Salvatore's son, Tony did this."-Ray. "Well, I know who to get."-Crockett. Crockett walks to his car, gets in and drives off. Ray watches the car drive off into the distance.

Final Chapter: "Spilt On The Road" Crockett pulls up to Salvatore's mansion, Crockett gets out, a man walks out and sees Crockett, he runs to the door, he forgot he locked it and jiggles the handle. Crockett grabs the guy and throws him against the wall. "Where's Tony?"-Crockett. "I don't know!"-Gangster. Crockett slams him against the wall. "Where is he?!!"-Crockett. "Uhhh.... he's doing another truck heist! He needs money, Sal cut him lose due to him killing that cop."-Gangster. "When is this taking place?"-Crockett. "Right now!"-Gangster. Crockett runs to his car, gets in and speeds off. Schroeder left it on the radio frequency on the police radio. "All squad cars to the interstate, gunfight in progress, proceed with caution."-Radio dispatcher. Crockett speeds towards the interstate. A semi speeds past him, the driver is Tony Leone! "Suspect in a white semi."-Radio dispatcher. Crockett chases after the semi. Police Cruisers pull up alongside the semi, a gunman in the passenger seat shoots at the cop cars with a shotgun. Disabling them. The semi rounds the corner leading outta town and started heading towards Williston, Crockett avoids pulling up alongside the semi because he knows he'll get shot. The semi goes through some construction on the road going towards Williston, the chase goes on.... the semi makes it 10 or 15 minutes outta Gainesville, Crockett still in pursuit. The semi finally reaches a turn off, the semi turns off.... at high speed. The semi flips on it's side, sliding to a halt in a ditch on the road. Crockett spins out but stops. Tony Leone kicks out the front window and snakes his way out and takes cover behind the semi, The hitman who killed Schroeder climbs out and falls to the ground holding his shotgun. "Miami Vice, put it down!'-Crockett. The man gets up and starts loading his gun.... Blam! Blam! Crockett shoots him dead. Tony Leone walks out from behind the semi with his hands up. A black car rounds the corner, Crockett sees it and jumps out of the way.... splat! Tony flies over the car, the car was unmarked, Leone style. Tony Leone was dead. The cops pull up, Crockett pulls out his badge..... The sun was going down, Crockett is driving back down the interstate, "knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Eric Clapton played. Crockett drove reflecting on what had happend, and wonders what wouldv'e happened if Tubbs was there, he really missed him on this case..... The Ferrari Spider drives off into the night............... THE END.