A Guy Goes Elvis Presley on His Computer

Kavinsky

for those not in the know Elvis has shot two things in his life, one for not working, a Detomaso Pantera, with a colt python 2 inch, and a TV because it had this man on at 0:28 here

singing, hence the this is for you elvis scene in Vice in Phill the Shill, and no its not william shatner lol

so I dedicate this song to his computer lol

also I must admit I've always wanted to do that to my home phone, although I was thinking more along the lines of banging it in with a baseball bat ala office space

although weirdly it turns out my old microwave was setting the thing off everytime it was used, and it stopped when I replaced it with a new one this last week

as I was getting 8 calls a day on average from no one, and 3 real ones, now its only the real ones, so I guess the thing was leaking radiation and setting the phone off?

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

Interesting, I always wanted to do with the tv. All I miss is the colt...

By the way I did something similar with the phone, with my girlfriend being about to hang up on the other side. I said "don't! don't! don't!" but she did it, and i hit the handset against the phone again and again till they both broke in pieces. I was 27 or so...

By the way I did something similar with the phone, with my girlfriend being about to hang up on the other side. I said "don't! don't! don't!" but she did it, and i hit the handset against the phone again and again till they both broke in pieces. I was 27 or so...

I swear I can picture someone in a movie doing that once, where someone just goes berserk with it.... hmm I wonder if that was goodfellas

or was that bad Leutenant, no wait he shot the radio in that one, you know its just one of those fun scenes that you always remember but can never put a name to lol

Edited by Kavinsky

Here's a link to the story behind Elvis' shooting of the TV when Robert Goulet made an appearance. It appears it had to do with something Goulet did/said with Elvis' then girlfriend who was back in the States while Elvis was in Germany.

http://www.elvisblog.net/2007/11/04/the-strange-odyssey-of-elvis-shot-up-tv/

Although I never shot anything of mine I did get angry at one of my Dell computers.  One day ten years ago I got mad and ripped my PC off my desk.  I took it outside and smashed it on the sidewalk.  Once I calmed down I took it back into my house. When I plugged it in it defied my and continued working  :)

The amount of times I have been tempted to throw my PC out of my second story window and then finish it off with a baseball bat due to it being slow at times, and sometimes VERY slow...

I haven't done it yet, but I hope it doesn't happen. xD 

• Administrators

The amount of times I have been tempted to throw my PC out of my second story window and then finish it off with a baseball bat due to it being slow at times, and sometimes VERY slow...

I felt this way too, it's a good thing I didn't throw it off the balcony, all I needed was a new power supply. :3 (kept resetting whenever I played games)

• Like 1

Kavinsky, you're right, that scene is in a movie, and the movie is Dead Bang. You can figure out who's the character that breakes the phone...

Funny how this happened to me before the movie was out. When I saw it for the first time I couldn't believe he was behaving exactly like i did... Too funny ;-)

:snapback.png

I swear I can picture someone in a movie doing that once, where someone just goes berserk with it.... hmm I wonder if that was goodfellas

or was that bad Leutenant, no wait he shot the radio in that one, you know its just one of those fun scenes that you always remember but can never put a name to lol

Edited by Jerry Beck

Here's a link to the story behind Elvis' shooting of the TV when Robert Goulet made an appearance. It appears it had to do with something Goulet did/said with Elvis' then girlfriend who was back in the States while Elvis was in Germany.

http://www.elvisblog.net/2007/11/04/the-strange-odyssey-of-elvis-shot-up-tv/

Wouldnt happen to be Ursula andress, the woman Presley Bought a BMW 507 for? and FYI I saw one on the road in person during a visit to germany about 20 years ago pre BMW Z8, they are tiny

only car on the road too, talk about a once in a lifetime car spot really.

800px-BMW_507_4.JPG

white though, and I was just stunned, like what the hell, I mean its on par with Tarentino bumping into Fred Williams as a kid, only to hire him many years latter for From Dusk Till Dawn.

also never say being nice to someone never pays off, as it always does in the long run lol.

hell for all I Know it WAS elvis's car and the classic center was taking it out for a test run, I was around Munich and the MIsner'

as its certainly rare enough.

I gotta ask did you defragment the thing, as that really can make a difference in the perfomance of the machine, along with regular windows updates, as I had one time that out of nowhere the photo viewer was as slow as could be for some reason

turns out a windows update did something to it, but within about a month or so it was fixed in an update.

Wait so the movie was Dead Bang? I do remember him with the Python in it, some Giant 8 inch..... NO NO NO not that kind lol

So I see Cherry 2000 without even knowing who the actress is and her connection to Don, not to mention the last name she used in the film, I play the hell out of vice city without being aware of its source material at all in 2002

complete with me downloading crocketts theme and not knowing of its ties to the show at all, just me liking the piece of music for what it is

and I'm first introduced to Don not in the daytona or the TR, but in a 1971 Cuda convertible opposite Cheech Martin complete with Lucy Lu in the backseat

and now I find out dead bang is the movie where he goes nuts on the phone, jesus, I just have a weird way of taking the long road around dont I? lol

'

and I'm the guy who says always do your research, christ all bloody mighty lol

• Like 1

Wouldnt happen to be Ursula andress, the woman Presley Bought a BMW 507 for? and FYI I saw one on the road in person during a visit to germany about 20 years ago pre BMW Z8, they are tiny

only car on the road too, talk about a once in a lifetime car spot really.

800px-BMW_507_4.JPG

white though, and I was just stunned, like what the hell, I mean its on par with Tarentino bumping into Fred Williams as a kid, only to hire him many years latter for From Dusk Till Dawn.

also never say being nice to someone never pays off, as it always does in the long run lol.

hell for all I Know it WAS elvis's car and the classic center was taking it out for a test run, I was around Munich and the MIsner'

as its certainly rare enough.

I gotta ask did you defragment the thing, as that really can make a difference in the perfomance of the machine, along with regular windows updates, as I had one time that out of nowhere the photo viewer was as slow as could be for some reason

turns out a windows update did something to it, but within about a month or so it was fixed in an update.

Wait so the movie was Dead Bang? I do remember him with the Python in it, some Giant 8 inch..... NO NO NO not that kind lol

So I see Cherry 2000 without even knowing who the actress is and her connection to Don, not to mention the last name she used in the film, I play the hell out of vice city without being aware of its source material at all in 2002

complete with me downloading crocketts theme and not knowing of its ties to the show at all, just me liking the piece of music for what it is

and I'm first introduced to Don not in the daytona or the TR, but in a 1971 Cuda convertible opposite Cheech Martin complete with Lucy Lu in the backseat

and now I find out dead bang is the movie where he goes nuts on the phone, jesus, I just have a weird way of taking the long road around dont I? lol

'

and I'm the guy who says always do your research, christ all bloody mighty lol

A really beautiful car thankyou for posting  :D  :)