Glenn Frey Hawaiian Shirt Smugglers Blues

king77

Can you post a screen capture of the shirt?

I was thinking it may have been a Paradise Found shirt like those worn by Thomas Magnum.

b9f61dde9f.png

012626cf1b.png

Thanks James. I don't think it's the Paradise Found brand, as the buttons don't appear to be the customary bamboo (brown/tan buttons) that are on the vintage ones I own.

Got some feedback that it is probably a vintage Luau brand shirt.

Luau is apparently located in Miami.

I have sent them some pictures of the shirt to see/hope what they can find out.

Their website has a vaguely similar black shirt.

Still looking.

I was also told the flower on the shirt is also referred to as a Firebird, as is the guitar in his hand.

Edited by king77
  • Like 1

The flower could also be red ginger:

513X9KKIMpL.jpg

or if you google for photos of 'heliconia bihai', that looks maybe even more like it

Edited by daytona365

I looked into the Red Ginger plant as the flower on the shirt. The 2 "Experts" I talked to 1 at Luau and another at Aloha shirts told me it the flowers are too close together on the ginger and the ginger is 1 color not orange and red like on the Frey shirt.

The guy at Luau is almost 100% certain they made it in the 80's, but his catalogs from that era do not show the shirt. Something very close, but not that pattern. He said not all shirts made their mail order catalogs back then and the stores almost always carried shirts that were not part of the mail order catalog.