VINTAGE 1984 MIAMI VICE ACTOR LOCATION CALL SHEET!

COOPER&BURNETT

Bet you never knew THAT!!  It's interesting to find out information on MIAMI VICE that most people will never know. These Location Call Sheets are a GOLD MINE of information that needs to be read, and studied.

It will forever change the way you view that Lobster scene!

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the additional information! How cool is that!? I knew about the honeywagon pahonu (Talbott & Diehl were in them quite a lot, and they said they are soooo small. Compare it to Don and Phil's motorhomes, they are like a closet). 

Any and all information that you wish to provide will be extremely helpful, as members, I'm sure, would like this "translated". Too bad you threw away your Baywatch call sheets. They may have had some value. I'm guessing most of these MIAMI VICE call sheets were discarded too, thus the rarity of this makes it a joy to have, show, and preserve (it's in a clear, acid free resealable envelope). 

I have additional information on this paper which I would like to share.

C GLIDE may be interested in this paper due to it's locations.

Thanks Coop!  I don't really know what you already understand.  You seem to know how to read the sheet really well.  So If there's anything on the sheet that you don't understand, I'd be glad to tell you what I know or remember.  I know a bit about the camera crew, so I can explain the roles of the DP, cameraman, 1st and 2nd assistant camera, etc... and what they do specifically.  If you're interested?

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

its good to be blow away by such awesome info about Miami Vice.I'm not always by the table to get new stuff you post while it is still hot because of my work schedule but you know I newer miss the stuff you post :thumbsup: great info I really enjoyed reading it.thank you Coop 

• Like 1

This photo is from ONE EYED JACK! The Fish and Game Wardens (Played by a kind of Female version of Switek & Zito) were played by Susan Lawler, and Jody Wilson. They are out of camera range in this shot. The day they filmed this scene ( 8 / 16 / 84 ) they reported for make up at 2:00 PM, and they were on set at 3:00 PM.

elvis%20dock%20big_zpsu8sqpign.png

• Like 2

LOL, DJ looks a little wary about holding on to Elvis' chain. :)

These pictures and the Call Sheets give a new slant on the episode. I want to go back & watch these episodes from this new perspective!

I would never have thought the lobster scene was shot at a different time, weeks later.  Thanks for the insight, COOP!

• Like 1

The LOBSTER, can you believe it??  LOL!!  Filmed during a different episode! We have the proof. Only those MIAMI VICE fans who read what I posted know this now Tony D.! 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Thanks, pal. That's funny, it makes me smile.

You know, I completely missed the details you showed after your futher investigation. That makes these documents even more precious.

I can see how many informations we can actually extract by comparing and analyzing pictures, dates, locations etc. 

But, come on, it's not something everybody do. You have to be pervy like you Coop!!! And that's why we're so proud to have you here.

Keep up the great job, pal.

LOOK AT THIS!!  Brand New VERY interesting Information is found below....

First, thanks Jerry B! I have found I can always count on you for such fun comments, I actually look forward to them when I post something. Can't wait to read your commets!

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

And you know what? 'Lobster falling into the water' is a very good shot. Notice how consistent the lighting is with that of the previous shot of Tubbs running around with the lobster. Notice how the lobster seems to drop with the same velocity with which Tubbs let it fall into the water. The attention to detail is there.

• Like 1

AWESOME! Thanks everyone for the kind words!  I sure appreciate it, and your posts just encourages me to do, and post MORE stuff for you! 

I agree, the shot of the Lobster was actually a nice shot. The second unit did infact take time to make a nice shot, and make it work with the episode.

And your right of course Jerry, I am "pervy" when it comes to MIAMI VICE. I'm a MIAMI VICE pervert! :D 

More cool stuff has yet to be posted, and this pervert will provide it for you! :thumbsup:  :D 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is my first time dipping into the Cooper&Burnett Scrapbook, and I just want to thank you for  1) sharing the awesome items with us here and 2) being able and willing to provide the fascinating details that add so much to the pictures. 

I had read this thread before but I didn't notice until today that this confirms the character's name was "Carrow".  I was always uncertain whether it was Carrow or Carroll.

• 4 weeks later...

Vicegirl85 wrote...

This is my first time dipping into the Cooper&Burnett Scrapbook, and I just want to thank you for 1) sharing the awesome items with us here and 2) being able and willing to provide the fascinating details that add so much to the pictures.

Vicegirl85, Your welcome! This is what I do. I do it for you. It's expensive, and time consuming, but I know I'd wish someone would do this for me, so being I can, I do it for you.

Keep visiting the scrapbook section. There's no other place like it on earth to find this information. 

-COOP

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 3:44 PM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the additional information! How cool is that!? I knew about the honeywagon pahonu (Talbott & Diehl were in them quite a lot, and they said they are soooo small. Compare it to Don and Phil's motorhomes, they are like a closet). 

Any and all information that you wish to provide will be extremely helpful, as members, I'm sure, would like this "translated". Too bad you threw away your Baywatch call sheets. They may have had some value. I'm guessing most of these MIAMI VICE call sheets were discarded too, thus the rarity of this makes it a joy to have, show, and preserve.

It's been over 4 years since Coop wrote this to me after he posted the call sheet for the MV episode and I commented on my time working on Baywatch.  I would have bet money I had none of my call sheets still.  They were just about work for that day and more than likely almost all of them were tossed.  I don't remember keeping any of mine.  Then yesterday, while my wife was looking for some old sheet music, she found these.  Almost 26 years ago!!!

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.jpg

It's from a season 4 episode and we shot that day at Marina Del Rey.  I remembered that day after reading the sheet for a little while because it was an unusual setup.  It was supposed to be scenes at the filming of a commercial and all the props and set decoration were just the equipment from the actual show itself.  Several of the off-camera crew were in shots acting like a film crew on the commercial.  I was on a boat if I remember correctly.  I never saw the episode though.

My wife also found a call sheet from a show a friend of mine worked on as a location assistant in San Diego.  It was called Silk Stalkings and I went down to see her at Mission Bay when they were filming.  I've never seen the show.  Maybe some of you remember it?  I don't know why I had a call sheet, except she might have given it to me because it had a map to the location (as they usually did unless they were at the studio). 

The map directions in the last pic are from the studio on Beethoven St. where Baywatch interiors were filmed (except for the lifeguard station at Will Rogers Beach).  It's shown at the bottom of the map.  There were sets of interiors to characters houses located there and a large tank for filming underwater scenes.  It had a rocky bottom, unlike ANY beach in SoCal!  It kept the water clearer than if they put sand at the bottom.  And, of course, it was fresh water.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do remember Silk Stalkings. It was on USA as I recall (or at least they were running it when I saw it). Never watched much of it, though.

9 hours ago, pahonu said:

It's been over 4 years since Coop wrote this to me after he posted the call sheet for the MV episode and I commented on my time working on Baywatch.  I would have bet money I had none of my call sheets still.  They were just about work for that day and more than likely almost all of them were tossed.  I don't remember keeping any of mine.  Then yesterday, while my wife was looking for some old sheet music, she found these.  Almost 26 years ago!!!

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.jpg

It's from a season 4 episode and we shot that day at Marina Del Rey.  I remembered that day after reading the sheet for a little while because it was an unusual setup.  It was supposed to be scenes at the filming of a commercial and all the props and set decoration were just the equipment from the actual show itself.  Several of the off-camera crew were in shots acting like a film crew on the commercial.  I was on a boat if I remember correctly.  I never saw the episode though.

My wife also found a call sheet from a show a friend of mine worked on as a location assistant in San Diego.  It was called Silk Stalkings and I went down to see her at Mission Bay when they were filming.  I've never seen the show.  Maybe some of you remember it?  I don't know why I had a call sheet, except she might have given it to me because it had a map to the location (as they usually did unless they were at the studio). 

The map directions in the last pic are from the studio on Beethoven St. where Baywatch interiors were filmed (except for the lifeguard station at Will Rogers Beach).  It's shown at the bottom of the map.  There were sets of interiors to characters houses located there and a large tank for filming underwater scenes.  It had a rocky bottom, unlike ANY beach in SoCal!  It kept the water clearer than if they put sand at the bottom.  And, of course, it was fresh water.

Just fantastic - Thankyou for sharing.

Hey Matt5, 

Glad you liked.  That was a very long time ago in my life.  I was just out of college and worked for two seasons on the show.  A lot of my friends were stunned when I walked away from the job.  Some of them were still trying to break into the industry.  Some of them never did, and I left it.

I get that it seems exciting to many people, but the actual production (not pre- and post-production) of a TV show or film is mostly technical grunt work.  Most of the creative decisions are made by just a handful of people and everyone else has to make it happen doing much of the same things repeatedly.  Plus the hours are crazy.  I clocked an 80 hour week once or twice and routinely worked 60+ hour weeks.  I don’t regret my decision one bit, but it was fun to see after all these years! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 3:59 PM, pahonu said:

Hey Matt5, 

Glad you liked.  That was a very long time ago in my life.  I was just out of college and worked for two seasons on the show.  A lot of my friends were stunned when I walked away from the job.  Some of them were still trying to break into the industry.  Some of them never did, and I left it.

I get that it seems exciting to many people, but the actual production (not pre- and post-production) of a TV show or film is mostly technical grunt work.  Most of the creative decisions are made by just a handful of people and everyone else has to make it happen doing much of the same things repeatedly.  Plus the hours are crazy.  I clocked an 80 hour week once or twice and routinely worked 60+ hour weeks.  I don’t regret my decision one bit, but it was fun to see after all these years! 

pahonu...what did you do on Baywatch?

On 7/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, pahonu said:

Hey Matt5, 

Just seen this - sorry for the late reply. It was so informative so Thankyou again for sharing with us.