My Daytona style Miata

daytona365

Below a photo of the Miata I've been owning for 19 years now...daytona365's poor man's Daytona so to speak....you may speculate why I went for this particular color combination when I bought it...  ;) . It was featured in a car magazine 2 years ago and going through the pics from that shooting again I just discovered one shot that resembles the driving scene from 'Glades'. Only Tubbs is missing in the passenger seat:

1979683009_glades2.jpg.8c8b9939bda38ef8edb8a373dbfa62ec.jpg
glades.jpg.5a5c6b6498edefbedb4262d1e0ce2591.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 6

Love those little cars!

My friend has one and he lets me take it out once in a while for some exersize. His has had all the suspension done and stebro exhaust and many other toys added to it. Runs fast and steers tight! Love cruising with the top down!

I love those special edition Miatas called the "Monster" Apparently a Mustang 5.0ltr shoehorns in there very well! The only problem is too much hp for the rear end gears so they need to be beefed up. These Monsters remind me of the old Sunbeam "Tigers" like the one that Get Smart drove back in the 60's. They took out the 4 cyl and plugged a Mustang 289 into the shell.

It's amazing how these small chassis can handle a large V8!

Many years ago my buddy and I put a 289 in his Spitfire. It just fit but we couldn't use the factory air cleaner as the hood wouldn't close so we ended up getting Weiend triangle filter for the carb. The hood just closed!!!......barely.

• Like 4

When you're driving, you guys better be blasting the "Miami Vice Theme" & "In the Air Tonight" on the radio!  :radio:  :radio:

• 1 year later...

I bought that color combo Miata in 1992. It was Miata's limited addition for that year. The first year the car came in black. After that they sold black/tan cars every year (so much for limited edition)

I went in looking fo a family car and saw it on the show room floor. Sold, all because it looked so much like the Daytona. Loved that car. I'd still have it, if the X didn't get it in the divorce. It was a blast to drive

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bigsarg said:

I bought that color combo Miata in 1992. It was Miata's limited addition for that year. The first year the car came in black. After that they sold black/tan cars every year (so much for limited edition)

I went in looking fo a family car and saw it on the show room floor. Sold, all because it looked so much like the Daytona. Loved that car. I'd still have it, if the X didn't get it in the divorce. It was a blast to drive

My best friend had a black Miata. Although I liked it....I never associated it with Crockett's car in MV. :o

I'm glad I saw this Topic again.  :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...
On 8.9.2016 at 4:11 PM, Tony D. said:

My best friend had a black Miata. Although I liked it....I never associated it with Crockett's car in MV. :o

I'm glad I saw this Topic again.  :thumbsup:

at one point, there was even a Daytona body conversion kit available for the first gen Miata, so if you can't get hold of a McBurnie, try finding one of these :-)

miamivice.jpg

• Like 4

i found a 65k $ Testarossa for auction few days ago. with only 42k kms. i wanted to post but the site was offline. that miata kit is really cool. it seems that Miatas have really good road behavior, and are cool cars to drive

• 1 year later...