John Wick

Detective_Crockett

The latest action movie with Keanu Reeves, anybody checked it out?

It's actually really awesome, it's a true action film..

His motivation for revenge is obviously these Russian thugs kill his dog (who was left for him a present from his dying wife) so he goes on a revenge killing spree with the Russians, and it's like those old school action movies..

Keanu is back.

• Administrators

Yeah, I saw it a while ago. It was pretty sick, especially the fight scenes.  :thumbsup:

A damn good action movie. Well directed with no stupid shaky cam and Keanu of course is great and did a lot of his own stunts in the film.A sequel was just announced today and Keanu as well as the directors have confirmed to be returning so it should at least be as well directed as the first.

http://www.avclub.com/article/keanu-reeves-avenge-more-puppies-john-wick-2-218943

• 3 weeks later...

A sequel has been officially greenlit.

Was hoping for a prequel, but still excited to see Keanu kick some more ass.

• 3 months later...

Fantastic film. I don't know how I initially missed the theatrical release, but just after it was released on Blu Ray, I did something I Never do...purchased it, unseen, without any prior knowledge or reading a single review. It just looked good, perhaps the front cover art colour scheme on the box reminded me of a bit of Miami Vice? Call it random luck or intuition, but I'm incredibly happy I did. Keanu plays the role so well in this visually stunning action tour de force.  The fight scenes are choreographed in an extremely impressive way. Very pleased to hear about a sequel. 

Edited by DeepCover333
  • Like 1