You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when....

Detective_Crockett

Came up with these for fun, feel free to add to it! 

1. You call everyone around you ''pal.''

2. Dressing like Sonny has become a part of your everyday life

3. You call yourself ''Sonny'' as a nickname, you just add into you real name.

4. You start hanging around with your black friend all the time and call him Tubbs or Rico by mistake.

5. Sunglasses are part of you, you're never seen without them

6. 80's music and Jan Hammers music is all you listen to on your music device with headphones and you feel awesome.

7. Whenever you're sitting at a cafe or chilling you feel as if you're on an undercover assignment and you want to report to Castillo immediately.

8. You name your kids or animals after characters in the show.

9. Your ringtone is Crockett's Theme or one of Jan Hammers scores.

10. You go out to the bar and want a Jack Daniels and you call it ''Black Jack.'' thus leaving the bartender utterly confused.

11. You make a phone call to your ex girlfriend/wife with In The Air Tonight playing on your car radio and ask her if the relationship was real between you two.

Feel free to add more! this is all for laughs.

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 6

• Administrators

I would admit to this one. There was a lizard living under my decking during last summer and I named it Elvis. Elvis went for a stroll one day and never came back. Then I saw a pest control van down the road, so I realised somebody called it in and they took him.   ;( 

"Haven't you ever crashed a party before?" 

• Like 1

12. When you think you had the same age of the characters when you started watching the series in the 80s, and now you realize your hair are getting gray and you're still doing the same.

• Like 3

Came up with these for fun, feel free to add to it!

1. You call everyone around you ''pal.''

2. Dressing like Sonny has become a part of your everyday life

3. You call yourself ''Sonny'' as a nickname, you just add into you real name.

4. You start hanging around with your black friend all the time and call him Tubbs or Rico by mistake.

5. Sunglasses are part of you, you're never seen without them

6. 80's music and Jan Hammers music is all you listen to on your music device with headphones and you feel awesome.

7. Whenever you're sitting at a cafe or chilling you feel as if you're on an undercover assignment and you want to report to Castillo immediately.

9. Your ringtone is Crockett's Theme or one of Jan Hammers scores.

10. You go out to the bar and want a Jack Daniels and you call it ''Black Jack.'' thus leaving the bartender utterly confused.

11. You make a phone call to your ex girlfriend/wife with In The Air Tonight playing on your car radio and ask her if the relationship was real between you two.

Feel free to add more! this is all for laughs.

Thanks for providing this very helpful self-assessment guide, pal...now I realize I probably need to see a shrink!

@Jerry B., you're damn lucky to still have something to turn grey man! I can see the soil gleaming through the grass everywhere

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 2

• Administrators

13. When you aren't wearing your sunglasses, they're hanging on your shirt. 

• Like 3

When you tell a workmate, who's a little behind in their work, "I'm going to clear my desk of all my cases and make your life one living hell for the next six months."

Did that yesterday.

And of course, "You expect understanding?  So do I.  Understand the job gets done."

• Like 2

When you wear of pair of black espadrilles because you think that it would be a fun "casual Castillo-style" look.

• Like 2

When you start to roll and lick your Luckies like SC before lighting with Zippo !   :rauchen:

Yes yes yes!

Very guilty of that one.

• Like 2

When you're invited to a party at a friend's house and as you enter the room, you have to stop yourself from yelling, " Freeze.....Miami Vice!"  

Edited by Tony D.
  • Like 1

When you go up a staircase and on every landing peek around the corner with your imaginary Bren Ten, checking for bad guys...

• Like 6

When you compare any town with a beach in it to Miami and think that people will still be dressed 80's style there.

• Like 1

When you wear the exact same outfit in the morning, as you saw Crockett wear on the episode of VICE you watched the night before. 

• Like 1

When you wear the exact same outfit in the morning, as you saw Crockett wear on the episode of VICE you watched the night before. 

:clap: Tell us please, Coop - how often just YOU have done that already ?? ;)

Sure you can't count it anymore :D

Woah - that it would be!

Never again thinking thinking thinking ?( about the wardrobe of the day.

Simply starting the day (in the perfect gray/black/striped dressing gown)

with watching an ep. with MV by accident and then all is done with that 'hard' job.  :done:

Yes yes yes!

Very guilty of that one.

Naaah !

Do not tell me you are 'licking' each Lucky that way... ?

OMG ! If yes... GO GO GO !  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

• Like 1

Naaah !

Do not tell me you are 'licking' each Lucky that way... ?

OMG ! If yes... GO GO GO !  :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

Yep, I do do that..it's a Sonny trait that's really gone into me. xD 

A female friend of mine said it looked really sexual, but I know deep inside it's just a Sonny thing. 

• Like 1

Bluepearl, I don't know how many times I've done that with wearing the same color combination (and in some cases, the actual blazer seen in the show). I don't do it everyday, just on my days off, but I do it a lot!  :thumbsup:  It's how I decide what to wear. It's fun, and I try to play the JAN HAMMER score, and songs on the car stereo from the same episode too!

• Like 1

When returning home at night with your family, you first look to the floor in front of the couch if there is a half-eaten donut and coffee cup...

• Like 3

I wish I could, COOP.....but I don't have the wardrobe to do it!  ;(

• Like 1

I wish I could, COOP.....but I don't have the wardrobe to do it!  ;(

But great jacket in your profile pic Tony!! 

Yep, I do do that..it's a Sonny trait that's really gone into me. xD 

A female friend of mine said it looked really sexual, but I know deep inside it's just a Sonny thing. 

COOL !!!

To male... sure just a Sonny thing.

To female it is REALLY SEXUAL (not belonging in by whom it is done - belonging in how it is done ) ! 

:hot:  :hot:  :cheers:

21927285nd.gif

Bluepearl, I don't know how many times I've done that with wearing the same color combination (and in some cases, the actual blazer seen in the show). I don't do it everyday, just on my days off, but I do it a lot!  :thumbsup:  It's how I decide what to wear. It's fun, and I try to play the JAN HAMMER score, and songs on the car stereo from the same episode too!

That is definitely.... FUN !!!!  :clap:  :funky: 

You should open a topic and show us the man without head in the current combination and let us solve the ?(  riddle about what ep. you were watching

to decide just that way

When returning home at night with your family, you first look to the floor in front of the couch if there is a half-eaten donut and coffee cup...

:dance2:  .  WOOT !!!    :thumbsup:

Okay... then you definitely are into MV - pretty deep in  :)

• Like 1

When you wear pink, and you find every excuse under the sun to prove you look manly, and you're a badass.

You just show them a picture of Sonny.

• Like 1

When you snap the filter off a cigarette so it's unfiltered and you can smoke unfiltered smokes just like Sonny. 

When you wear pink, and you find every excuse under the sun to prove you look manly, and you're a badass.

You just show them a picture of Sonny.

So true, but I am lucky to have a wife who says I look good in a pink shirt. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

When you snap the filter off a cigarette so it's unfiltered and you can smoke unfiltered smokes just like Sonny. 

I thought he ripped it off in Smugglers Blues because Glenn Frey's character put his mouth on it...