You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when....

Detective_Crockett

I thought he ripped it off in Smugglers Blues because Glenn Frey's character put his mouth on it...

There's been a belief going around, that real men don't smoke filtered cigs, not sure how true it is. xD

• Administrators

There's been a belief going around, that real men don't smoke filtered cigs, not sure how true it is. xD

I don't think that is true, because he kept the filter on all the other times. It was just that one occasion.

And I tend to hang around a lot of smokers, have been for pretty much my whole life, and I have never seen anybody else rip the filter off.

• Like 2

I don't think that is true, because he kept the filter on all the other times. It was just that one occasion.

And I tend to hang around a lot of smokers, have been for pretty much my whole life, and I have never seen anybody else rip the filter off.

Crockett smoked unfiltered Luckies though, that's what he always smoked, never with a filter on.2573552-camel-cigarettes-pictures-blog-l

Like you say, he could have ripped the filter off because it'd been on Glenn Frey's mouth, but I think he was just generally used to the non filter, me I do rip off the filter sometimes, the taste is much stronger without a filter, but with a filter it's still good either way, it doesn't really matter..I think that real men thing is just a bunch of crap made up by those Tumblr folks who judge anyone who don't do anything similar to what they do.

• Like 1

• Administrators

You're right, they are unfiltered in The Hit List and other early episodes. But I think I recall a few in later seasons where he was smoking filtered cigs? (with the brown on the mouth end, that means it's filtered right?)

I don't know, it's not really something I'd pay attention to... 

You're right, they are unfiltered in The Hit List and other early episodes. But I think I recall a few in later seasons where he was smoking filtered cigs? (with the brown on the mouth end, that means it's filtered right?)

I don't know, it's not really something I'd pay attention to... 

Nope, that's the tobacco, the filter is the orange part of a cigarette.

• Like 1

Correct !

UNfiltered.

Sorry a bit blurry but Sonny simply moves too fast.  ;)

21951669nv.png

''Ugh, I gotta give these things up..they're terrible.''

• Like 2

Resisting an urge to act as a Detective when going to meet people you've never met, and also you resist an urge to say ''Hi there! we're the cops you've been trying to kill!''

• Administrators

Nope, that's the tobacco, the filter is the orange part of a cigarette.

Orange, brown, same thing. :)

It isn't really orange orange, it's more like a light brown/orange... That's why I said brown.

But great jacket in your profile pic Tony!! 

Thank you, Matt.........I love that jacket, it's my best Sonny Crockett look!

• Like 3

''Ugh, I gotta give these things up..they're terrible.''

I like when he puts it out in De Marco's cottage cheese!  :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

I like when he puts it out in De Marco's cottage cheese!  :D  :D  :D

I've been waiting to do something like this forever..I just want to come face to face with a guy who we have a mutual hate for eachother..and I just put the cigarette out in their lunch previously saying ''I gotta give these things up.'' 

There's another thing I can add to you know you've been watching too much Vice. xD 

Orange, brown, same thing. :)

It isn't really orange orange, it's more like a light brown/orange... That's why I said brown.

Yeah, I see what you mean, I just looked at my own pack and was like...yeah, orange/brown. xD

You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when...

You see seafoam green, flamingo pink or aqua blue t-shirts... You think of Vice!

Hot damn, I love those colors!  I think seafoam green is my favorite, that's the first color shirt we see Sonny wear in the pilot.  Kinda makes me hungry for mint ice cream, too...

Edited by AndrewRemington

• Administrators

You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when...

You see seafoam green, flamingo pink or aqua blue t-shirts... You think of Vice!

Hot damn, I love those colors! I think seafoam green is my favorite, that's the first color shirt we see Sonny wear in the pilot. Kinda makes me hungry for mint ice cream, too...

He's wearing a baby blue t-shirt in the pilot...

I'm looking forward to so many things when I get a car.

Me too, but I need to get off my lazy ass and get a license first. Still got my learners permit. :)

I want a white Z31 Nissan 300zx, with the T top. The cheap 80s sports car. :) Has to be white though, or I'll get it resprayed white.

He's wearing a baby blue t-shirt in the pilot...

Dang!  You're right!  When I watch on my TV, it looks seafoam green, but I think the tint is incorrect on my TV!  When I look at pics online, it's definitely baby blue... But he did wear seafoam green t-shirts in season 4 and 5, right?  Perhaps in "God's Work" with the white jacket?  And several times when he wore the leather biker jacket in season 5...

Dang!  You're right!  When I watch on my TV, it looks seafoam green, but I think the tint is incorrect on my TV!  When I look at pics online, it's definitely baby blue... But he did wear seafoam green t-shirts in season 4 and 5, right?  Perhaps in "God's Work" with the white jacket?  And several times when he wore the leather biker jacket in season 5...

He wore green in that episode where he went to prison briefly, the episode with Michael Madsen in Season 1.

Edited by Detective_Crockett

He wore green in that episode where he went to prison briefly, the episode with Michael Madsen in Season 1.

Right!  "Give a Little, Take a Little"! (P.S. I love Michael Madsen in "Reservoir Dogs"!)

post-5664-0-31465700-1432337589_thumb.jp

I think this green is a little more vibrant than seafoam green, I don't know what you'd call it...

I am law abiding citizen, but sometimes when someone makes me mad, I want to tell them, "That's B-U-R-N-E-Double T!" and then shoot them!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When you shave with a cigarette in your mouth and you ask your friend, "Well do I look like a guy ready to get a date?" Because I'm not married I couldn't say the original line about divorce, but I felt epic shaving with a razor and smoking like Sonny. xD

• Like 3

When you shave with a cigarette in your mouth and you ask your friend, "Well do I look like a guy ready to get a date?" Because I'm not married I couldn't say the original line about divorce, but I felt epic shaving with a razor and smoking like Sonny. xD

:D  :)  :dance2:

:clap:  :clap:

I even said my pal in response after he said "Yep you do look like a lady killer" I wish he said "you shaved definitely." Like Tubbs xD

• Like 1

When you actually want the final stand in Freefall to happen to you in real life when you're standing with your best friend.

And you want to say Sonny's line ''Do it, if you got the stones.''

• Like 3