You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when....

Detective_Crockett

When you bought a pair of black linen mix shorts for the summer because you think it would be a "casual Castillo style".

Also - a little inspiration from the ending scene of the "Duty and Honor/The Savage" ep.

• Like 2

When you wear a black suit for the day and have this stern look about you and have hands in your pockets at all times, Castillo style.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2015 at 2:43 PM, CharlieGlide said:

When you tell a workmate, who's a little behind in their work, "I'm going to clear my desk of all my cases and make your life one living hell for the next six months."

:D Good one.

How many episodes did Crockett use that line in over the course of the series?

When the subject of MV somehow comes up at work and you have to act like you don't know the name of all 111 episodes in order :freeze:

• Like 3

Whenever I hear the sound of a car at midnight or close to sunset makes me think of MV and Crockett and Tubbs in the Daytona. :)

Still need to watch episodes of season 5 though.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I still yell, "Freeze, Miami Vice" when I'm around people who have watched & liked the show!  ;)

Thats great !!:D

You become very cautious whenever you meet and start talking to a lovely girl near the beach, because in the back of your mind you wonder if she and her man Charlie Basset might be involved in trying to set set you up and bury your car

• Like 3

When I enter a friend's house, I unbutton my jacket & get ready to draw my imaginary weapon.

Edited by Tony D.

On 8/25/2016 at 11:45 PM, Tony D. said:

I still yell, "Freeze, Miami Vice" when I'm around people who have watched & liked the show!  ;)

I always think of the intro of "One Eyed Jack" when this is said :D

• Administrators

You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when you say "Ju got it, mang" whenever thinking of "You got it".

There's an ad on TV where a guy's like "You're telling me we can get cheaper flights online?", and the woman says "You got it."... I'm always like "Ju got it, mang" because Crockett and Tubbs say it a handful of times throughout the series... :)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, James said:

You know you have been watching too much Miami Vice when you say "Ju got it, mang" whenever thinking of "You got it".

I will never say "you got it" the same again after Miami Vice. Also Scarface doesn't help any either.

- You have a small Pink Flamingo plush toy on your DVD shelf named Switek.

- When the palm trees in your front yard a deeper meaning to you due to the opening credits of Miami Vice.

- You imagine your time out in public in montage mode with accompanying eighties tunes.

- You ask people if you look like you fell off a cabbage truck  when given a dubious offer.

- When pink and blue are your two primary color choices for everything.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Jupiter_Vice said:

when you start answering the phone not by saying hello but :  "YEA!" like Crockett

Yes he does that a lot "Yea ! Crockett ! "  - really great :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When you have a Michael Mann  'no earth tones' policy when choosing the paint on your new car. always gotta be black, white or silver!

• Like 1

When you will write your BA level thesis paper on Miami Vice. Thats what I intend to do this year , itll be named Miami Vice: Its influence on the 80s and now.

• Like 1

Have we had this one yet?

You know you've been watching too much Miami Vice when you've got "In The Air Tonight" on full blast in your open-top convertible on a warm summer night... :)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Tony D.:

When someone makes a ridiculous comment & you say, "you're out where the buses don't run!"

Hm... I remember a scene from The Big Bang Theory where Penny says something similar to Sheldon Cooper...

Something like "Oh God... the buses don't run where you live, do they".

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ViceofEstonia said:

When you will write your BA level thesis paper on Miami Vice. Thats what I intend to do this year , itll be named Miami Vice: Its influence on the 80s and now.

Good Topic for a Miami Vice fan to promote our favorite show.  :thumbsup:

Hope you get an A+  :done:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Have we had this one yet?

You know you've been watching too much Miami Vice when you've got "In The Air Tonight" on full blast in your open-top convertible on a warm summer night... :)

In the first post # 11. is similar!  ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
vor 4 Stunden schrieb James:

...When "Crockett's Theme" is your ringtone.

Well, mine is "Made For Each Other"...

And for a long time, it was the theme from "The Score"... the one during which Tubbs and Castillo check out all the Thai restaurants... :cool:

• Like 2