Kenneth Cole Bright White Cotton Blazer (Probably from the 80s...)

AndrewRemington

This is a great Good Will find for me!  It's a Kenneth Cole blazer that's 98% cotton and 2% spandex.  I remember hearing that Kenneth Cole made some Sonny & Rico clothes and shoes back in the 80s, but I can't find any specific items!

Anyway, it was probably made in the 80s... It's got nice big shoulders and is a big fit but fits nice on me.  

In the picture I'm also wearing some grey pleated Dockers and some perforated white loafers that Sonny never wore but I could see him wearing 'em!  I wore this outfit out a nice dinner!

P.S. This outfit was inspired by what Sonny wears at the beginning of "Payback"... I should have put my Ray-Ban knock-offs on!

post-5664-0-80700600-1432060205_thumb.jp

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1

Always a thrill for me to someone dressing in the MIAMI VICE style!  You look great!  Gotta get more clothes, and then post more pictures for us to enjoy!

Nice Blazer Pal!

• Like 1

Looking good pal...I can bet dinner was with a very nice lady who probably thought you looked good great ;) 

Really nice blazer, you gotta show us some more! 

• Like 1

Great blazer, Andrew!

Yes the cut looks like it's been made in the 80s. Speaking of Kenneth Cole, I found this pair of loafers in his store in Miami last year.

post-5426-0-36698200-1432102632_thumb.jp

In 2014 - after almost 30 years -  I also bought a white blazer again, this time a Cubavera, and it's YOUR fault, guys!

Sorry for the bad quality picture, I promise I will do a better one, showing more jacket and less myself ;-).

post-5426-0-36379500-1432102748_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Thanks, pals!  Sadly, I don't have many Miami style blazers.  I have a nice grey suit, but it's wool which kinda stinks, but it's good for colder weather.

I'll try to post some other good outfits!  I like to switch up the shirts and pants.  Like I have some light teal pleated pants, which I believe Crockett wore in Season 2... Do you know what episode(s), Coop?  I searched far and long for those!  Not a common color for men's dress pants, especially hard to find in that 80s relaxed cut.

I love the muscle/sleeveless t-shirts Crockett used to wear in Season 1!  Walmart has some good colors lately for those.  They have an orange one that's straight out of "No Exit"!

Jerry, I think you're secretly Don Johnson... Am I right?

Edited by AndrewRemington

In 2014 - after almost 30 years -  I also bought a white blazer again, this time a Cubavera, and it's YOUR fault, guys!

Sorry for the bad quality picture, I promise I will do a better one, showing more jacket and less myself ;-).

attachicon.gifsml.jpg

HOLY SH*T JERRY! there's looking like Don Johnson and then there's that! blimey...you look so alike...just, wow. 

Thanks guys, you're too kind ;-)

Believe it or not, I never received such a feedback about my (vague, imo) resemblance with DJ.

It's funny cause nobody ever told me "Hey, you look like Crockett", and that's something I'm proud of.

After all, Crockett is a fictionary character, I'm a human being ;-)

• Like 1

Jerry when you said you lived the style, you lived Vice and everything to do with it.

Obviously, the clothes is one thing, but what other things do you mean that you lived the MV Life?

Thanks for the question, Detective Crockett.

Yes I used to live the style back then but, unlike many people, MV was not something that changed me or my taste for fashion, music etc. For me it was like if somebody could read my mind. For the first time I could find everything I always loved gathered in a single one thing. And heavily concentrated. A perfect match, to say the least.

Aside from the clothes, I always loved sports cars. In my life I always owned a convertible, even when I was a poor young boy ;-) Maybe second, or third hand, maybe rusty, but a convertible. I also loved "that" architecture, that taste for colors and actually everything you could watch in an episode.

And after a while I started noticing that this almost unknown actor had something reminding myself and since he was supposed to be cool I said "Not bad:-)"  I no longer wear white blazers or pastel colors (if not for you guys) but as I get older is nice to see that (stylewise) Don and I still have little things in common. It's not something I look for, it just happens, and that's funny.

I wrote in some posts I used to wear like that before the show was on air, and it's true. I have pictures of me with a t-shirt under a blazer dated 1979/1980. I bought an off-white jacket in 1983, used to wear that shades, had long hair etc.

But I never wanted to imitate the character of Sonny. Never wanted to build a "costume", never had a cyan t-shirt or gold watches etc.

So, for me living the style wasn't a change. To speak clear, I don't go around in my car pretending to be Crockett, listening to Jan Hammer tracks pumped up in the stereo. I prefer to look at me as a middle age guy who maybe has some resemblance with a good looking actor. Beyond that, there's me.

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 1

I get what you mean.  Most of the time I don't dress identical or try to be Crockett.  But I am definitely inspired by his style!

One time I wore the white blazer above with a seafoam green t-shirt and a few people told me I was wearing a "Miami Vice costume"... I hated that!  It's not a damn costume!

• Like 1

very nice suit !!!

i've daniele alessandrini's suit like that but the fitting is more close to the body  than yours

Loafers are perfect , i need to buy them!!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you!  I'm not sure what brand the loafers are... The brand name must have worn off on the inside of the shoe.

Looking sharp Andrew. Black/grey/white is a killer combination. 

Jerry Beck, I think we have Johnsons lost twin brother in here. I cannot believe noone ever told you about the resemblance. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ragnar,

by the way I pointed the fact nobody told me "you look like Sonny", as opposite to "You look like Johnson"

which happened to me several times instead.

But never in my life like since I'm on this board! LOL ;-)

Great blazer, Andrew!

Yes the cut looks like it's been made in the 80s. Speaking of Kenneth Cole, I found this pair of loafers in his store in Miami last year.

attachicon.gifKC.jpg

attachicon.gifsml.jpg

wow your are crockett!!!! :D

Thanks guys.

Albymiamilife, no I'm not Crockett ;-) but whenever I come back to this place I feel home.

I know i know , you are undercover :cool: