COOPER&BURNETT

Your welcome! Man, do those scenes look incredible or what??  Like Mark Hamill says on that video, "Everything has changed,...and nothing has changed." I like that. Things are different, as things have changed with the passing of 30 years, but it still looks like the Star Wars universe!

Vicefan7777 I was hoping that you'd lose the "trainee" after 200 posts. Jeeze, how many does it take to lose the "trainee" title? Anyone know?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Cool Vicefan7777.

I did a quick check in the MEMBERS section, and checked posts counts to about 200. I found a member, SONNY BURNETT who has 207 posts, and he's a "Corporal". 

A further check shows you have a silver badge under your avatar photo, and it clearly states on the badge, "Corporal".

I'm guessing it's just a mistake to still have "trainee" listed at this point, and just needs correcting. Hope this helps!

May The Force Be With You. 

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Your welcome. :cheers:  If I was an Admin, I'd fix it for you. I'm only a Moderator in my section.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

The hype is real.

From what has been shown, JJ is gonna deliver with this movie. Love the classic sets instead of 90% green screen.

The dialogue better be improved, too. Apart from way too much CGI, the prequel movies dialogue is quite frankly garbage compared to the old movies. I guess noone had the balls to stand up to Lucas and tell him to edit the scripts.

The Comic-con panel was pretty good. Especially compared to Game of Thrones, which is just a cringe feast. Seeing the new and old actors together was a joy. Love how JJ seems excited to show gadgets from the set. But man, I hated how some guys booed after the behind scenes footage. After two teasers already, seeing some behind the scenes was awesome. Guess you can't satisfy everybody.

• Like 1

I'm VERY pumped up for this. I think it will look like the old ones which we knew, and loved, with a sense of wonder, and not knowing how things will turn out. I wanna be a JEDI again!  I do think it will make almost every STAR WARS fan happy, as this is made by a true fan himself, and knows what a typical STAR WARS fan REALLY wants!  They also have the money to back it up, as Disney / Lucasfilm said they will spare NO expense on the price of this film.

• Like 1

I'm VERY pumped up for this. I think it will look like the old ones which we knew, and loved, with a sense of wonder, and not knowing how things will turn out. I wanna be a JEDI again!  I do think it will make almost every STAR WARS fan happy, as this is made by a true fan himself, and knows what a typical STAR WARS fan REALLY wants!  They also have the money to back it up, as Disney / Lucasfilm said they will spare NO expense on the price of this film.

JJ is a big Star Wars fan, which is obvious from seeing interviews. It also means he has a lot more respect for the material, compared to a randomly hired director who only wants $$$. JJ is in it for the passion, not the dollar.

Disney is throwing a lot of cash into this and it will be a good investment. I won't be surprised if this movie makes it in the top 3 highest grossing films of all time. I mean, its friggin Star Wars. Even though not everybody likes it (I do feel sorry for those few, unfortunate souls), almost every human knows about it.

• Like 1

Harrison Ford said he was very happy to be back doing this film. He thought it was over, and boom, he's back again. He was pleased with the way the script was for the film and his character. You ought to check out the STAR WARS panel at Comic Con on you tube!

Hello Vice Wars, I mean Miami Vice and Star Wars, Fans ; 

COPPER&BURNETT asked me to post in this thread. I had posted in an old Star Wars thread “Star Wars thread anyone?†So I’ll make it a little different here. 

I’m “New†; I introduced myself in the New Members forum “Old miami-vice.org Member Will Upload PMT’s Living the Book of My Life LPâ€

I’m also old enough to have seen Episode IV when it first came out. When it was called “Star Wars†; I still have movie theater times newspaper clippings for Ep IV and ESB ; So I was in high school when Vice came out. I still remember the In the Air Tonight promo.

I’m a graphic designer who’s been to Kenner when they were in Cinci. I’ve been uploading on different youtube channels as a creative-outlet-of-sorts since 2008. I hadn’t in a while, so this year I decided to share my original vintage Star Wars collection.

You can check out “Collection THX1138†here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7B9dfgM-6zoyBq46oedMSQ/videos

My collection is 95% or more original. I’ll upload some ‘contemporary’ stuff from the late 1990’s too as I get to it. I throw in a little bit of humor in to amuse myself. After a couple more of those videos I’ll get back to uploading collectibles but in an interesting manner. I try to do things a little different to make it worth our time ;

I plan to upload the full Empire Strikes Back soundtrack LP with a slideshow of my ESB collectibles (which as I mention elsewhere gave me the idea to do the same for PMT’s full album and the Miami Vice soundtrack LP soon on another channel ElectroTech741. I’ll post in a new thread when I do. I like to keep subject matter separate where I can. I’m posting other vinyl on that channel. So PMT and Vice goes there)

I have a lot of stuff shot from last year. I just have to edit it. And I like to do custom thumbnails and promo screens these days. So that takes a while. One thing I'm doing is adding thumbnails in my videos of uploads to come (thinking like a graphic designer ; )

Speaking of Jake Lloyd’s recent troubles I have a couple vids about that too. Turns out he has a mental illness so I went easy on him. I honestly figured it might be something like that. Let’s hope he gets help.

I really should do an overview video of what I have. There’s interesting non-Star Wars collectibles too.

There’s some good people who collect, just like those who are Vice fans ;

So thanks to Coop for giving me the opportunity to share a link to my efforts here. If you subscribe you’ll get your name in a shout-out video like I did for “Star Wars OPENING TITLE CRAWL Subscribers Shout-out #1†

And I got two Star Wars T-shirts for $15 recently. So I’m ready for “The Force Awakens†;

MTFBWY!
Edited by Miami Vice 1984

by the way an unexpected Mark Hamill Connection to JJ showed up in something I was looking up a few weeks ago, at 15:55

and judging by how they did the voice acting sessions with Kevin Conoroy and Mark Hamill, maybe it was just something he had on the top of his mind at 1:33 at the time

which might explain why he was quite open to working with JJ

• 4 weeks later...

STAR WARS LAND is coming!!  DISNEYLAND and DISNEY WORLD  has just been announced that Both parks each will have the largest ever land expansion Disney has every done with each park getting a 16 acre expansion STAR WARS LAND!

You can finally visit the world of STAR WARS! You can pilot the MILLENNIUM FALCON! You can visit the Cantina and drink exotic space drinks (perhaps even blue milk!)! Shops and stores will be run by aliens, and will keep in character! There will be a spaceport to visit!

STAR TOURS will be updated with THE FORCE AWAKENS new planets and characters! Star Wars LAUNCH BAY will allow people to meet characters and places, meet designers, directors, exhibits, props, and try out exclusive star wars video games etc.! 

Like Disney World's "star wars weekends", Disneyland will now have "STAR WARS SEASON OF THE FORCE".

Space Mountain will be "HYPERSPACE MOUNTAIN" with star wars music, and scenes!!!

Jedi Training Academy will be updated, and expanded. 

Disneyland bought land around Disneyland reciently, so they will expand Disneyland, and they may put it where Mickey's TOON TOWN is now, and possible part of Big Thunder Ranch. Work should start by the end of 2017.

This is a dream come true for STAR WARS fans! Click below to watch the video, and hear about the details and see concept artwork!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXcmL6J4WmI

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

"honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be the best Star Wars you’ve ever seen.†- Poster Artist Drew Struzan

Read what he said after seeing half the movie, and after reading the script!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/19/poster-artist-drew-struzan-says-force-awakens-will-be-best-star-wars-youve-ever

• 1 month later...

As a long time Star Wars -fan, I am excited. I'm somewhat bummed out about the killing of the whole EU (the book, the comics, the works) but understand why it had to go. I mean the story was written like a hundred years after the movies, stories such as children of Han and Leia, Luke and Mara Jade, had already been told. Quite tight boundaries for the makers of the new film to create anything new that wouldn't have overlapped with EU (Expanded Universe). And such conflicts, like the Clone Wars series had with EU are just annoying.

But as EU was cleaned off the table, I would've preferred if they would've just gone ahead with the Empire Vs. Rebels (or New Republic). Basically it is, but the First Order name and the logo would've been better IMO if they would've just used the old ones, good old Empire. (Though I may turncoat on this statement as I see the films or read the comic that covers the some-30-years in between Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens.)

I am also a huge Star wars fan and can not wait until see this movie in cinema but I have to admit I have a small fear about it.its not that I'm having bad thoughts the new star wars movie its just I'm concerned that it may have some thing mixed between star wars and present sci-fi movies.because all the sci-fi movie are sci-fi and there is Star Wars franchise which is one and only,nothing can not compare to that.but still I have great expectations to this movie and I really think I will enjoy it.G.Lucas is a great movie maker and have the talent to create something majestic like Star Wars movies which drag you in the main universe of it making you to want more.   

A part of me does not want to see another trailer for fear of seeing too much.  I'd rather go into the theater just knowing I will enjoy the continuing saga without any knowledge of the story line. 

• Like 1

A part of me does not want to see another trailer for fear of seeing too much.  I'd rather go into the theater just knowing I will enjoy the continuing saga without any knowledge of the story line. 

So true. Yet there is another part of me that wants to see everything and it wants to see it now. It'll be hard to reconcile these. :D