Films you would love to see happen..

Detective_Crockett

This post is for you movie lovers, what films would have you love to have seen happen? sequel wise... or a film you would love to see happen...?

I would have loved to have seen a true Ghostbusters 3, not this new horrible PC version, but obviously as Egon (Harold Ramis) died it probably wouldn't be the same :/ 

• Administrators

Drive 2. Drive is a great film, and from what I've read, it's based off a novel, and there was a sequel to the novel called Driven, I think.

So Drive 2 would be something I would very much welcome.

• Like 1

Drive 2. Drive is a great film, and from what I've read, it's based off a novel, and there was a sequel to the novel called Driven, I think.

So Drive 2 would be something I would very much welcome.

I own the book, and it takes several years after the first movie (book) and it's really great, it should be made into a film.

I'd be interested in a Drive 2 as long as Nicolas Refn returns as the director as I doubt it would be as well made as the first one without him.

Actually I was recently thinking about Refn in regards of the new Miami Vice movie that Universal is trying to get off the ground. I think he would be the one that would really give the series justice given his style and talent behind the camera. It would most likely be a very R-rated film for sure but it would be something that stands out compared to Mann's film and no way it would be a poor film visually and soundwise as he would most likely use Cliff Martinez who did the scores for his films Drive and Only God Forgives.

I'd be interested in a Drive 2 as long as Nicolas Refn returns as the director as I doubt it would be as well made as the first one without him.

Actually I was recently thinking about Refn in regards of the new Miami Vice movie that Universal is trying to get off the ground. I think he would be the one that would really give the series justice given his style and talent behind the camera. It would most likely be a very R-rated film for sure but it would be something that stands out compared to Mann's film and no way it would be a poor film visually and soundwise as he would most likely use Cliff Martinez who did the scores for his films Drive and Only God Forgives.

I love Cliff Martinez, but no disrespect to him, it isn't true Vice without Jan Hammer.

• Like 1

Years ago, I wanted to produce an Equalizer reboot starring either Jonathan Pryce or Alan Rickman as Robert McCall.

hmm I already got it, Mad Max fury road, but it would be fun to see something like the Gumball Rally or Cannonball run films come back in a way, but I guess the closests to that are the Fast Movies.

so I dont know, but I havent really heard of any good classic british gangster films coming out, as it seemed like we had a high point of those in the early 2000's, or gangster and heist films in general.

Edited by Kavinsky

I think a biopic of John DeLorean would be good. The whole saga of the making and implosion of the DeLorean car is sensational and would make a compelling movie if done right.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

I think a biopic of John DeLorean would be good. The whole saga of the making and implosion of the DeLorean car is sensational and would make a compelling movie if done right.

Great idea !!

What about Manhunter? One of my fave crime movies of all times. Sadly, Dennis Farina is no longer with us... But Petersen...

Naaah, I don't trust Mann anymore. Better leave it like it is.

Tommy Vercetti, I would be the first in the line to see that DeLorean biopic ;-)

so I dont know, but I havent really heard of any good classic british gangster films coming out, as it seemed like we had a high point of those in the early 2000's, or gangster and heist films in general.

You might want to keep an eye on this new film about the Kray twins with Tom Hardy. Looks like it has a lot of potential.

I am still hoping for a Magnum PI movie, but doubt that it is ever going to happen.  Everyone is making remakes of movies that have already been done.

Hogan's Heroes which I read a few years ago was suppose to be a movie with Mel Gibson starring as Colonel Hogan.  

• Administrators

Back to the Future Part 4. It's 2015... The year they went to the future to in the second movie.

You might want to keep an eye on this new film about the Kray twins with Tom Hardy. Looks like it has a lot of potential.

hmm tom hardy is really getting around these days huh lol although I kept thinking it was Shinzon with that voice of his, hmm the curse of hearing him only in one role way back when I guess, just like Tommy from 3rd rock from the sun, its going to take awhile to not to think of him as that.

and you know I have been trying to complete that list of the top 10 british gangster films that IGN listed many years ago that had the Kray's on it, although trying to find a region 1 dvd of it is a bloody nightmare

as apparently for some reason you cant use english DVD's in the US because of the region code crap, even if it is in the same damn language and from the same country the place spawned from, and it was just a bloody miracle that I found a collector who had a region one copy of the long good friday, and evidently he had gone through the same damn thing himself as he replyed yeah! its a region 1! I bought it like 3 hours latter once I saw that and asked

hell if you wanted to say one good thing about piracy, its that it removes the region locks crap.

also as an FYI this is what I have aquired from that list so far

The Long Good Friday, kind of a prequel to the guy richie films really, as Razors is Hachet Harry, and Brick Top/the bar keep is in it as a small time thug, and you could say its even the same boys 30 years down the track.

plus Harry Metcalf has a very similar Jag to the one used in the film which I've kind of fallen in love with as it would make a hell of a Q ship.

Sexy Beast with Ben Kinglsy

Get Carter

I'll Sleep when I'm dead - Still havent watched it yet, recent aquistion

Gangster No 1 with Malcom Macdowel playing the lead

the guy richie films, and he included the Kray's yet and something else.

I think Mona Lisa

What about Manhunter? One of my fave crime movies of all times. Sadly, Dennis Farina is no longer with us... But Petersen...

Naaah, I don't trust Mann anymore. Better leave it like it is.

Tommy Vercetti, I would be the first in the line to see that DeLorean biopic ;-)

I think they already did one, as I remember watching it

although with the Enzo Ferrari One coming out with robert in the role maybe they'll do one proper, plus I'm starting to think that really when it comes to certain movies its all about the producer and the director, and their relationship

like Guy Richie and Matthew Vaugh with Snatch, his Attempt at Pulp Fiction (which was cut the way it was to build suspense, not for style, just look at how Jewels shows up and disapears for part of the film before the end) and Lock Stock

and also Layer cake was on that list I just remembered and apparently their making a sequel with Johnathan Statham?!.

and also in the animation world there was a similar incident between the director of KIki's Delivery Service and one of the writers, where their clashes would make the product better, and once they split up, it kinda went down hill

and I must wonder if the same thing happened with Michael Mann, as a movie is all about Collaboration like DeNiro says here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4v_JK_qbY

and make sure you click off the annotation thing, its in the settings/gear thing, as why would I vote for a guy who sounds like he's named after a Lavatory?

and here where he talks about why the actor who played the Toe Cutter returned for the new movie 30 years latter

all comes back to what he said there in that speach.

Edited by Kavinsky