Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett.

Detective_Crockett

Is anyone here a fan of Gerry Anderson shows? I LOVE the Thunderbirds so much, and Barry Gray's music...you can't beat the classic 5,4,3,2,1. countdown, of course these were all 60's shows, I thankfully in the late 90's and early 2000's got to watch them, and they were a big part of my childhood, I had every single toy of the Thunderbirds and the massive playset.

Now, I'm usually against re-makes but Thunderbirds this year has a reboot called 'Thunderbirds Are Go' and it's brilliant, so close to the original series, that's what reboots should be in my mind.

But if anyone else is a fan of these shows? :p 

Thunderbirdsmarionetas.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

1300253-stingray_crew.jpg

I enjoy all of his supermarianation shows, I grew up watching reruns of them when the US Sci-Fi Channel first came around. but lets not forget he's also had some great live action shows, like UFO, Space Precinct and Space 1999... brilliant model work on every show he's done, particularly Space 1999. Also try "Into Infinity" if you can track it down... known as "The Day After Tomorrow" in The US (unrelated to the weather out of control movie). Its a 1975 tv movie that was meant to be a pilot for TV series..

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

I absolutely love the Thunderbirds!

I used to watch them when I was a kid. My favourite was always Thunderbird 2.

I was a huge fan of all of Andersons work as I also watched Supercar in Black and White when I was about 4 or 5 years of age.

Didn't see too many Captain Scarlets but I did see lots of Fireball XL5 and Stingray.

I have quite the collection of high res pics of many of the items and I actually had a Corgi steel Thunderbird 2 which my mother threw out with all my hotwheels when I was 18. Can you imagine what that thing is worth today?

I have the complete set of Thunderbirds on file as I downloaded the entire series way back in the old days of Napster. I downloaded them on my buddies kids laptop and he is five years old. He can't get enough of it and has watched the episodes over and over again so another generation is hooked!

As I said I always admired Andersons work and watched Space 1999 religiously as well as owning the series UFO.

There is also a very rare movie I own called the "Far Side of the Sun" which is a movie about another Earth on the far side of the Sun. Anderson did all the spaceships and models.

I heard about the re-boot on CBC radio last month. They interviewed Mrs Anderson and she is actually doing the voice of Penelope! They also got the original guy who did the butler to come back...Yes...ma-lady!

The reboot is supposed to be very close to the original with new animation. I have yet to see it but am looking forward to see what new technology will do for this puppet show!

Edited by Stinger390X