MIAMI VICE SUNGLASSES MAKES, STYLES, & IDENTIFICATIONS

COOPER&BURNETT

oh, this is now mine. Revo 840/001 with blue mirrored lenses, with original Revo soft case. Just like the ones Sonny wore. :) Good condition, just some light scratches on the lenses, but nothing to worry about. It is so difficult to find these glasses somewhere, so I'm a happy man. :D [ATTACH=CONFIG]5398[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5399[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5400[/ATTACH]

post-9000-13892964181909_thumb.jpg

post-9000-13892964182232_thumb.jpg

post-9000-13892964182533_thumb.jpg

5398[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5399[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5400[/ATTACH]

EXCELLENT!Congrats on your finds! It looks beautiful! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThis appears to be an Alpina Quatra Turbo. Perhaps in a different color frame than the picture illustrations.•designed by Alpina, Made in West Germany •gradient purple lenses •original case • Color gold Dimensions temple length: 130mm vertical height: 6.0mm horizontal width: 142mm Made in West Germany

This appears to be an Alpina Quatra Turbo. Perhaps in a different color frame than the picture illustrations.•designed by Alpina' date=' Made in West Germany •gradient purple lenses •original case • Color gold Dimensions temple length: 130mm vertical height: 6.0mm horizontal width: 142mm Made in West Germany[/quote']Looks like it, thanks a lot. :)Is that yours?

Looks like it' date=' thanks a lot. :)Is that yours?[/quote']Nope, not mine. I don't collect Tubbs' sunglasses, only Crockett's.

I just saw the price for this pair on eBay. Damn, you can buy 10 pairs of Wayfarers or the Alpina Quattro. :SI found the golden shades of the Quattro.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5582[/ATTACH]

post-9000-13892964247213_thumb.jpg

post-9000-13892964247399_thumb.jpg

5581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5582[/ATTACH]

Nice find, and damn, ...they are expensive.Good thing I LOVE Wayfarers.

Bad thing I love Carreras :DBy the way, this is now mine:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5614[/ATTACH]With soft case and excellent condition. :)

post-9000-13892964255818_thumb.jpg

5614[/ATTACH]With soft case and excellent condition. :)

Nice shades! These were not in MIAMI VICE, were they?

Not at all, at least not on screen. PMT wore them once for marketing purposes. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5616[/ATTACH]If I can find a nice pair with a black frame I might sell mine and replace them.

post-9000-13892964256631_thumb.jpg

PERSOL MODEL 69218 Replicas??????Can anyone find any replicas of the Persol 69218 in black NOT BROWN because I do not have $3,000 to drop on them like some places are trying to sell them for. If anyone could find any please let me know I would be very greatful. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

5765[/ATTACH]

Ahhhh, the photo from the calendar! Nope, I don't know who made them. Alpina is going to be my guess.

Ahhhh' date=' the photo from the calendar! Nope, I don't know who made them. Alpina is going to be my guess.[/quote']I never noticed that ... those are a pair of shades he never wore on the show. They've got to be Alpinas or Carreras.

I never noticed that ... those are a pair of shades he never wore on the show. They've got to be Alpinas or Carreras.

If he wore them in the show, ...I'd own them in my collection! :)I agree Spyder, they are most likely Alpinas or Carreras.

Yeah, I think so too. I've seen similar shades by Carrera somewhere before. I'd like to own the complete MV sunglasses collection someday. :D:cool:

Yeah' date=' I think so too. I've seen similar shades by Carrera somewhere before. I'd like to own the complete MV sunglasses collection someday. :D:cool:[/quote']Me too - somewhere else :D:thumbsup:

For anyone interested in Wayfarers. Ray Ban sold a "40 years special edition" (engraved on the left temple) and I'd like to share model 5022 (at the top) and 5024 (bottom) with you. Also with original case. Picture is a bit dark. :S[ATTACH=CONFIG]5853[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5854[/ATTACH]:cool:

post-9000-13892964382725_thumb.jpg

post-9000-13892964383491_thumb.jpg

For anyone interested in Wayfarers. Ray Ban sold a "40 years special edition" (engraved on the left temple) and I'd like to share model 5022 (at the top) and 5024 (bottom) with you. Also with original case. Picture is a bit dark. :S[ATTACH=CONFIG]5853[/ATTACH]:cool:

That's pretty darn cool eXistenZ! :thumbsup::clap:I Luuuuuuv Wayfarers! :cool:

• 10 months later...

5512Those Crocket Carrera 5512s are the harder to find than the persol 69218. It's easy to find the black 5512s, I even passed on a pair with the same yellow emblem and the amber lenses, they were cheap too- like $50. They aren't like Crockett's though, I almost bought them just for the lenses because they're hard to find. It's a pain trying to get those brown frames with the steel arms, especially with that blue/teal lettering AND the amber lenses.The 69218s are easy to acquire if you're willing to shell out over $1,500. :) There were some on sale for $500 last year but they might have been fakes because I know one guy bought a pair and they weren't the same.

For anyone interested in Wayfarers. Ray Ban sold a "40 years special edition" (engraved on the left temple) and I'd like to share model 5022 (at the top) and 5024 (bottom) with you. Also with original case. Picture is a bit dark. :S[ATTACH=CONFIG]5853[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5854[/ATTACH]:cool:

Really nice item - 40 years wow !:D