MIAMI VICE SUNGLASSES MAKES, STYLES, & IDENTIFICATIONS

COOPER&BURNETT

Oohh Wow!!!!:eek:This is awesome Cooper!!!!:happy::happy:I would give anything to own a pair of those Carreras!!!!:eek::glossy:And it would not bother me one bit that they are Men's sunglasses.;)

Oohh Wow!!!!:eek:This is awesome Cooper!!!!:happy::happy:I would give anything to own a pair of those Carreras!!!!:eek::glossy:And it would not bother me one bit that they are Men's sunglasses.;)

These are the hard to find vintage originals made in Austria in the early 80's, and the same type Crockett and Tubbs both wore.

These are the hard to find vintage originals made in Austria in the early 80's' date=' and the same type Crockett and Tubbs both wore.[/quote']Of course Coop!!!! Anything that I like, wether it has to do with "Miami Vice", or a simple pair of heels, is either in your possession or out of the country. And in both cases, completely out of my reach.:cry:

Aahh!!!!:) I use to own a pair similar to those.:cry: And YES they were for men' date=' and YES I wore them, and NO I didn't care what anybody said.;)[/quote']Real vintage Ray Ban Wayfarers are unisex, are they not?

Real vintage Ray Ban Wayfarers are unisex' date=' are they not?[/quote']Probably are!!!! But the pair that I had were similar, not the real thing, and they were mens. And I wore them proudly!!!!:)

Probably are!!!! But the pair that I had were similar' date=' not the real thing, and they were mens. And I wore them proudly!!!!:)[/quote']It's that ol' double standard. :)

Probably are!!!! But the pair that I had were similar' date=' not the real thing, and they were mens. And I wore them proudly!!!!:)[/quote']Wayfarers are unisex...even if a pair of Wayfarers would say men's...that kind of frame works just fine on women too...it's the same with aviators

• 2 months later...

Here is the style of sunglasses Crockett wore in season 3.This sunglasses make and style is: PERSOL MODEL 69218Made in: TURIN ITALYmaximum vertical height: 5 cm (2 inches)maximum horizontal width: 14,2 cm (5,6 inches)Vice era vintage versions (not reproductions or later models) will specify "PERSOL s.p.a."Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 3 months later...

Anyone else watch the Indy 500 race today ?....None other than Jack Nicholson was the honorary Green Flagger....and was sporting some Persol 69218's under his Laker's hat....

Anyone else watch the Indy 500 race today ?....None other than Jack Nicholson was the honorary Green Flagger....and was sporting some Persol 69218's under his Laker's hat....

Pesols? How in the world can Jack afford them??? :) LOL!

• 2 months later...

The Wayfarers were the best, hands down in my opinion and as something of curiosity....On the #3 post ...The carreras from season one I saw at a upper chain sunglasses shop that were pretty close to the ones in the post. Earlier thgis year I saw these...Kinda cool the past is now, again the present...I' love to pick-up a pair of Wayfarers and have my perscription ground into a pair...Too cool. Love the sunglass collection COOP! You ROCK, Pal...Once again, I'm sooo envious....I say this with a smile..Mike

The Wayfarers were the best' date=' hands down in my opinion and as something of curiosity....On the #3 post ...The carreras from season one I saw at a upper chain sunglasses shop that were pretty close to the ones in the post. Earlier thgis year I saw these...Kinda cool the past is now, again the present...I' love to pick-up a pair of Wayfarers and have my perscription ground into a pair...Too cool. Love the sunglass collection COOP! You ROCK, Pal...Once again, I'm sooo envious....I say this with a smile..Mike[/quote']I too think the wayfarers were the best! I wear them every day!Thanks for the kind words my good buddy!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I too think the wayfarers were the best! I wear them every day!Thanks for the kind words my good buddy!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everyday...I'm envious again. As far as kind words go...Right back atcha COOP...Thanx for all you do here :thumbsup::clap:..... Mike

• 5 months later...

What model are the Ray Bans that DJ wears at the beginning of the season 4 finale (the black ones)? The look smaller than the 5024's in the size of the lenses. Thanks![ATTACH=CONFIG]3101[/ATTACH]

post-366-13892963458171_thumb.jpg

What model are the Ray Bans that DJ wears at the beginning of the season 4 finale (the black ones)? The look smaller than the 5024's in the size of the lenses. Thanks![ATTACH=CONFIG]3101[/ATTACH]

Well, if it looks smaller than the large 5024's, it's because Crockett wore Med. 5022's. His frames are med. 50mm. Not sure if they made the frames smaller than that in the 80's (in Europe, they do currently have small 47mm). Large frames are 54mm.On page one of this thread, I made an error which I just corrected. I stated that the lenses Crockett wore 5024's. He didn't. He absolutely wore 5022's.Sorry if it caused any confusion.-COOP

Well' date=' if it looks smaller than the large 5024's, it's because Crockett wore Med. 5022's. His frames are med. 50mm. Not sure if they made the frames smaller than that in the 80's (in Europe, they do currently have small 47mm). Large frames are 54mm.On page one of this thread, I made an error which I just corrected. I stated that the lenses Crockett wore 5024's. He didn't. He absolutely wore 5022's.Sorry if it caused any confusion.-COOP[/quote'] Thanks for the clarification!