James

Does this work?

Recommended Posts

James
9 hours ago, ZAO178 said:

James that look works for sure! I wear Henleys w/ a stylish button up shirt (never buttoned though) all the time. I use the button up shirt to cover my 45. I carry in a MV style shoulder holster. To keep looking like MV too much I wear boat shoes but the idea is still there. Don't think I could bring myself to wear a blazer. The button up shirt is a good trade off. I use more patterned button up shirts (something like the looks of  Crockett's blazers).

Yeah true. Wearing a blazer feels a bit too much for me also. If I can find a light weight and casual looking blazer like the unconstructed blazer worn in One Eyed Jack, then I might wear it and roll the sleeves. It's hard to find stuff like that these days and in Australia though. Everything seems too dressy for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZAQ 178

One of the many reasons I like the light weight button up shirts. I like them a bit larger than I would wear because of the gun and the slightly added length don't make it look so much like just a shirt.  Also the light weight fabric blows in the wind so I constantly have to walk around like Crockett so the gun don't show. The struggle is real lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
On 12/5/2017 at 7:24 AM, James said:

Yeah true. Wearing a blazer feels a bit too much for me also. If I can find a light weight and casual looking blazer like the unconstructed blazer worn in One Eyed Jack, then I might wear it and roll the sleeves. It's hard to find stuff like that these days and in Australia though. Everything seems too dressy for me. 

I gotta say it's the same with me and I avoid anything that's too flashy or too bright. When I see everyone get's dressed in the summertime in colorful light clothes, I feel comfortable doing the same.  

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James
9 hours ago, summer84 said:

I gotta say it's the same with me and I avoid anything that's too flashy or too bright. When I see everyone get's dressed in the summertime in colorful light clothes, I feel comfortable doing the same.  

Yeah exactly. I don't mind bright though, I wear white, and light blue t-shirts, and light coloured chinos. I just don't feel comfortable over-dressing for the occasion, a blazer would be too much, especially when today all blazers are dressy, there are hardly any casual blazers on the market, nothing thin and unconstructed like Crockett's wardrobe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
4 hours ago, James said:

Yeah exactly. I don't mind bright though, I wear white, and light blue t-shirts, and light coloured chinos. I just don't feel comfortable over-dressing for the occasion, a blazer would be too much, especially when today all blazers are dressy, there are hardly any casual blazers on the market, nothing thin and unconstructed like Crockett's wardrobe.

To me a blazer in general is dressy and I have never worn one. When it comes to Crockett's style clothes, I've only been inspired by the colors, like that one time, I bought a white jacket. The blue and white color combo is usually what I wear in the summertime. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now