Does this work?

James

• Administrators
9 hours ago, ZAO178 said:

James that look works for sure! I wear Henleys w/ a stylish button up shirt (never buttoned though) all the time. I use the button up shirt to cover my 45. I carry in a MV style shoulder holster. To keep looking like MV too much I wear boat shoes but the idea is still there. Don't think I could bring myself to wear a blazer. The button up shirt is a good trade off. I use more patterned button up shirts (something like the looks of  Crockett's blazers).

Yeah true. Wearing a blazer feels a bit too much for me also. If I can find a light weight and casual looking blazer like the unconstructed blazer worn in One Eyed Jack, then I might wear it and roll the sleeves. It's hard to find stuff like that these days and in Australia though. Everything seems too dressy for me. 

• Like 1

One of the many reasons I like the light weight button up shirts. I like them a bit larger than I would wear because of the gun and the slightly added length don't make it look so much like just a shirt.  Also the light weight fabric blows in the wind so I constantly have to walk around like Crockett so the gun don't show. The struggle is real lol.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:24 AM, James said:

Yeah true. Wearing a blazer feels a bit too much for me also. If I can find a light weight and casual looking blazer like the unconstructed blazer worn in One Eyed Jack, then I might wear it and roll the sleeves. It's hard to find stuff like that these days and in Australia though. Everything seems too dressy for me. 

I gotta say it's the same with me and I avoid anything that's too flashy or too bright. When I see everyone get's dressed in the summertime in colorful light clothes, I feel comfortable doing the same.  

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, summer84 said:

I gotta say it's the same with me and I avoid anything that's too flashy or too bright. When I see everyone get's dressed in the summertime in colorful light clothes, I feel comfortable doing the same.  

Yeah exactly. I don't mind bright though, I wear white, and light blue t-shirts, and light coloured chinos. I just don't feel comfortable over-dressing for the occasion, a blazer would be too much, especially when today all blazers are dressy, there are hardly any casual blazers on the market, nothing thin and unconstructed like Crockett's wardrobe.

4 hours ago, James said:

Yeah exactly. I don't mind bright though, I wear white, and light blue t-shirts, and light coloured chinos. I just don't feel comfortable over-dressing for the occasion, a blazer would be too much, especially when today all blazers are dressy, there are hardly any casual blazers on the market, nothing thin and unconstructed like Crockett's wardrobe.

To me a blazer in general is dressy and I have never worn one. When it comes to Crockett's style clothes, I've only been inspired by the colors, like that one time, I bought a white jacket. The blue and white color combo is usually what I wear in the summertime. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1