Just saying Hi

Vice Immersion

Hey everybody, I was lurking around on this site a couple months back, and I was impressed by the knowledge and infomation all of you guys have about Miami Vice!

I was only a small kid when Miami Vice originally aired in the 80s, but I do remember the amazing intro, how the "older" teenagers and adults would talk about it and left an impression on the era, and some random scenes from the show that I only recalled after currently watching the series.  ...LOL, I was a kid more interested in the cartoons of the time.

The show caught my attention recently with COZI-TV began airing the epsiodes, and then discovering how the NBC website (Seasons 1-4) and at Hulu (Seasons 2-5) are streaming the show for free, I decided to check out the series that left such an iconic impact on television and the era.  LOL, seeing the series now as an adult, I can certainly see where all the unprecedented excitement for the show was coming from and how the music incorporates a tone of emotion that sometimes a script or dialogue can't produce or articulate.  The series certainly has a distinctive quality where the "stars are aligned" just right with the cars, music, clothes, the setting, the script writing, etc. to make an impression on several levels.  ...Thus explaining my name (Vice Immersion), because the cinematography and production profoundly immerses the viewer into the atmosphere of 80s Miami.

I'm currently approaching the end of Season 3, and I'm still enjoying it.  But of course the visuals (i.e. clothes) are substantially darker for the season, and an inclusion of world political commentary within it (which I don't mind though).  I'm also reading through the webpages designated for each episode after watching it on miamivice.wikia.com.  By the way, just to make sure, is the information on the website mostly accurate?

One plot hole though which is becoming more and more obvious though, is how Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs are able to maintain their cover amongst being a cop (revealing themselves when they arrest the criminals they were investigating) and maintaining their covers after presenting themselves to so many people amongst Miami (particularly with Season 2's "Payback").  One would think with so many people knowing Crockett is a cop, driving a flashy Ferrari (Daytona or the Tessterosa), the potential for an informant to easily reveal Sonny's true identity, and how so many underworld crime lords have their subordinates follow and keep track of others, that Sonny's cover wasn't blown before the end of the first season.  ...But I'll post more of my thoughts later in the other subforums here, LOL.

...So anyways, yeah, it's great to be here and I hope you guys won't mind me if I start asking a lot of questions about the series (though I'll try to search through the forums before posting a new topic.)  See you around!

Edited by Vice Immersion

Welcome to a great site about a great show, pal.

Here yul'll find the highest authorities when it comes to talk about Miami Vice. And tons of stuff you can only find here. Every single aspect of the show and its charcters and actors has been studied, discussed, analyzed, dissected, decoded and sometimes re-encoded by the members.

But there's more. This is the most educate, civil, reciprocally supporting community I've been part of - ever.

Yes, I noticed that "hole" too when the show was on air, a big one, in the whole story. In real life, such a pair of "undercover" cops would have been killed in the round of a week. But that's what entertainment is made of: suggestion, fascination, illusion and escape from the real life, indeed.

The point is making it well or not. And this site IS the answer ;-)

PS Nice nickname

JB

WELCOME! Want to see Don Johnson's blazers he wore in MIAMI VICE, and VICE photoshoots? I own several! How about rare MIAMI VICE cast and crew items? How about photos from scenes in MIAMI VICE that were cut from the show?? Would you like to see props from the show? The actual script to the pilot episode? And....much, MUCH more?

Then visit my Personal, Private collection of items in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION!

Click here to view all the incredible threads! http://miamiviceonli...vice-scrapbook/

Welcome to MIAMI VICE HEAVEN!!

-COOP

Thanks for warm greetings everyone!

Welcome to a great site about a great show, pal.

Here yul'll find the highest authorities when it comes to talk about Miami Vice. And tons of stuff you can only find here. Every single aspect of the show and its charcters and actors has been studied, discussed, analyzed, dissected, decoded and sometimes re-encoded by the members.

But there's more. This is the most educate, civil, reciprocally supporting community I've been part of - ever.

Yes, I noticed that "hole" too when the show was on air, a big one, in the whole story. In real life, such a pair of "undercover" cops would have been killed in the round of a week. But that's what entertainment is made of: suggestion, fascination, illusion and escape from the real life, indeed.

The point is making it well or not. And this site IS the answer ;-)

PS Nice nickname

JB

:p   Yeah, that's another good point considering how they would have been gone or killed in a week.  ...But I was able to maintain that "suspension of disbelief" because I assumed that Crockett and Tubbs were... you know... just that good when things escalated into a life-threatening situation (i.e. car chases, gunfights). ;)  LOL

Edited by Vice Immersion

• Administrators

Let me add my welcome to the site!  As others have said, this is THE most informative site on the planet when it comes to Miami Vice.  Just remember, there are no stupid questions. You won't get a warning for asking something that's been asked a thousand times or for posting in the wrong place.  There are plenty of experts here and everyone is friendly and willing to help. I almost envy you for experiencing Vice for the 1st time.  I remember watching the show when it first aired and remember being blown away week after week!  So as I like to say, welcome back to the 80's!  If you need anything, let me know.

Don't miss Dadrian Wilson's Jan Hammer covers in the "downloads" section and COOPER&BURNETT's scrapbook!

Let me add my welcome to the site!  As others have said, this is THE most informative site on the planet when it comes to Miami Vice.  Just remember, there are no stupid questions. You won't get a warning for asking something that's been asked a thousand times or for posting in the wrong place.  There are plenty of experts here and everyone is friendly and willing to help. I almost envy you for experiencing Vice for the 1st time.  I remember watching the show when it first aired and remember being blown away week after week!  So as I like to say, welcome back to the 80's!  If you need anything, let me know.

Don't miss Dadrian Wilson's Jan Hammer covers in the "downloads" section and COOPER&BURNETT's scrapbook!

Thanks for you help with the registration a couple months back!  I appreciate it!

I've read up about the highlights and disappointments of the show, so it's fun to replay particular scenes and notice goofs or small details.  ...I'm making sure to watch "Freefall" at the very end, and not as the 17th episode of Season 5. lol