The Problems with PG 13

Kavinsky

I just came across this (gore warning) and it brings an interesting point to why movies just dont seem to have the punch of their predecessors unless there an R it seems.

and it seems to tie into this as well, which is all about that stupid game hatred and the perspective of it in regards to all things in the video game world and the violence shown in it

and their all worth watching on your own and making up your own mind on them, as this is real food for thought, although its a hard topic to stomach and think about in all cases really, so dont be eating while you watch this lol

but it seems to explain in a very good way why the older movies seem to be better than the newer stuff, outside of the changes in the video technology that I personally had a problem with, as they make the contrasts too strong and literally lack proper focus.

Now originally I was going to use this to talk about the new mad max film, and the hope that it will bring the R rated action films that we love back, but mixed in with the history of the original mad max, and how and why they made it an R and the controversy over that stupid game hatred, its an interesting look at violence in general

is it best to ramp it up to be as unplessant as possible, or best to focus on the characterisation more so that when that person who gets snuffed its not an oh he only had two days to retirement kind of reaction

and as a whole, so that society and the youngsters or the people who are desparate for attention dont seek to do that stuff they seen on the screen in real life  to get in the newspapers, on tv and on twitter by making it as unplessant and realistic as possible.

and possibly show that to them at a young age to shock them by the violence so they dont do that down the track, as one of the guys here during the midnight screening of mad max fury road talked about with the original

spoilers ahead a plentty in this video by the way, so if your going to go see it, dont watch it.

http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/midnight-screenings-mad-max-fury-road-7195527

as I remember on the first 48 in Miami, they had a guy go into a drug pushers house and he said something quite interesting, there is always a scarface poster, always.

although by no means does that not mean that I am going to enjoy scarface god damn it lol but it does show that things really do influence things outside of their intended medium

as scarface was a remake of a 1932 movie after all, just replace booze with Coke probably, and back then they did have a code where the villians always lost in the end

although I'm not sure if that was afterwards, but also it is worth nothing that the crazy idiot who did the spree killing in Colorado when the third batman film came out did that after being influenced by a PG13 movie

and yes the Dark Knight despite having someone have a pencil shoved up into his eyeball is a PG13 movie, and what does that tell you, and I remember that more than almost all of the action in the movie, and it was more or less offscreen too.

Edited by Kavinsky