Miami Vice behind the scenes: No Exit/Lombard episode

summer84

Thank you Summer84 for this. I have things to do today.....and I haven't done anything, or even gotten dressed, as I'm looking for more MIAMI VICE stuff on this website.

I owe you some "likes", but I'm out at the moment, so I owe you some!

Man, oh man do I thank you for this! I just can't tear myself away. My day is over, as now it's past 7pm, and I have done nothing, but look for stuff that has taken me hours, and hours.

Oh well, ...MIAMI VICE RULES!  

• Like 1

Thank you Summer84 for this. I have things to do today.....and I haven't done anything, or even gotten dressed, as I'm looking for more MIAMI VICE stuff on this website.

I owe you some "likes", but I'm out at the moment, so I owe you some!

Man, oh man do I thank you for this! I just can't tear myself away. My day is over, as now it's past 7pm, and I have done nothing, but look for stuff that has taken me hours, and hours.

Oh well, ...MIAMI VICE RULES!  

Isn't it funny how we can totally get lost in time sitting by our computers doing something that is so much fun. 

• Like 2

Been here ALLLL day! I never left the house, and I didn't do anything except sit here in front of the computer doing my MIAMI VICE thing!  (I'm a tad bit extreme)

I did manage to go through hours of video to find things for you to enjoy!  It saves YOU from going through hours of video.

I'm so fired up, I can't wait to get into my Crockett threads, and go out for coffee and donuts, and then just enjoy the day tomorrow. 

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

I will try and help find the rest, when I get the time and post them. Thanks again.

Edited by summer84

Behind the scenes of MIAMI VICE PILOT episode scene where Leon is shot! Scenes start at 7:30!

http://www.wolfsonarchives.info/view/?id=28349&accession=719&status=DIGITIZED&wc_no=719&search_term=miami vice&fileid=719.mp4

Behind the scenes of MILK RUN at 7:25

http://www.wolfsonarchives.info/view/?id=28349&accession=719&status=DIGITIZED&wc_no=719&search_term=miami vice&fileid=719.mp4

You accidentally put the same link twice.  Any idea which video has the Milk Run footage?

Thanks, Coop, for posting highlights!  There is a lot of video to go through!

Edited by airtommy

Coop, check out video B01589!  The studio had a one day sale of all kinds of props from the show.  There was a huge line of people.  Get in your time machine and get to the front of the line!!!

• Like 1

Thanks airtommy!  I'm experiencing trouble with my computer's monitor (something wrong with it, or it's going out), so the bottom half of my screen I can't see, and I'm having trouble posting stuff, or even replying to PM's as the "POST" button is hidden, and I can't see it on the screen, so I can't click onto it to post! I can reply to topics, as the post button is not hidden.

As to the milk run video, I dunno. I was just posting on the fly. It wasn't much, as I can't even remember what it was!

I'll check it out when I can! Thanks dude!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

A lot of these videos are lame, especially the Newstape videos.  I searched the website for "Miami Vice" and got about half way down the list (to WC05428).

These are the highlights so far:

B0200 (at 11:20) - charity ball with Olivia Brown and G Gordon Liddy

B01151 - PMT interview

B01159 - behind the scenes of a MV promo shoot with a stunt double filling in for DJ

B01328, B01453 (at 1:25 and 7:40) - news item about the show being cancelled

B01589 (at 3:48) - huge sale of props at the studio

B01609 (at 16:43) - interview with the guy who designed a MV PC video game

MON0804 - long video of John Diehl training for his boxing scenes

SVVN0396 (at 27:50) - interview with the woman who designed the MV board game

SVVN0414 (at 8:07) - interview with a sculptor who designed some MV props, like the sculpture Crockett smashes in the gun dealer's office in "When Irish Eyes Are Crying"

OK, looking at the Newstape vids at the bottom of the list:

X508 - 18:36 - on DJ's music album being released

X586 - 53:46 - Colombians protest being stigmatized by MV   :rolleyes:

X461 - 26:20 - different interview with the maker of the MV board game

X460 - 42:20 - the Miami Vice museum

X343 - 21:10 - various items, including a woman in Miami showing her apartment which she said was used as an interior in Prodigal Son

X342 - 5:11 - page by page look at the MV calendar

X326 - 17:42 - DJ & PMT meet the Reagans at the White House

X314 - 16:04 - painting Lincoln Rd. pink, supposedly related to MV but not sure if true

X253 - 8:46 - brief behind the scenes clip of truck storming the motel in Lombard

X135 - 12:00 - behind the scenes of the boat explosion in the Smugglers Blues teaser

X114 - 20:23 - daytime shot of the Smuggler's Blues boat before it is blown up

Summer84, Coop, this thread ROCKS!

Sure is one of the most incredible and massive findings e-v-e-r. It will take me a week or more to just watch everthing, but you bet I'll do it.

Huge thanks to you guys, no doubt this place IS Miami Vice. Period.

• Like 3

Thank you Jerry Beck. It's unbelievable how much there is to go through.  :)

Thank you so much airtommy for going through all of the videos in the Miami Vice search and posting highlights.

Edited by summer84

Thanks, Airtommy for those lists. It helps cut through a lot of non-Miami Vice stuff & get to the essentials!  :thumbsup:

I typed in Don Johnson name and managed to look through the entire row of videos. It took me some while as I am not fast at this. Even though some of it is small stuff I don't mind when it's with the Miami Vice stars. Only didn't post the video with Billy Bostick extremely short clip of Don Johnson.

1.PLG01298 -- WPLG NEWSTAPE: PLANET HOLLYWOOD: Short introduction of Don Johnson in Planet Hollywood. at start

2.SVVN0207 -- NOON INTERVIEWS #41: interview with Don Johnson at 25:08

3.WC04085 -- MOVIE PREMIERES, PRODUCTIONS AND INTERVIEWS (TAPE 2 OF 3): Vietnam movie with Don Johnson short interview at 03:26

4.WC05428-T01 -- MIAMI'S IMAGE 1980S (TAPE 1 OF 2): All about Miami Vice: at start

5.WC09949 -- MISCELLANEOUS NEWSFILM/TAPE SEGMENTS #122: Woody's art gallery portrait of Don Johnson and short clip with him at 21:51.

6. WC19881 -- MIAMI VICE [0395.007-T3]: about the tv series Miami vice at 36:26 not a short clip

7. X286 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: Miami Vice with Don Johnson very short clip   at start

8. X310 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: Bayfront park in Miami very short clip with Don Johnson at 03:55

9. X338 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: New Club Opens attending Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas very short clip  at 07:11

10. X443 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: Miami Vice raw footage short clip at 1:52

11. X477 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: Miami Vice short clip at 43:58

12. X494 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: Don Johnson being replaced with Mark Harmon at 20:01

13. X508 -- WTVJ NEWSTAPE: Don Johnson singing/his album at 18:39

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

I also typed in Olivia Brown's name and one video came up

1. B01614 -- NEWSTAPE: Olivia Brown speaking at an event at 1:19, clip with Don Johnson and Phillip Thomas shooting/ in the caddy. at 2:05

Edward James Olmos videos

1. B00198 -- NEWSTAPE: very short clip with Edward James Olmos at 9:29.

2. PLG02192 -- WPLG NEWSTAPE: HOMESTEAD 04 [post HURRICANE ANDREW]: Edward James Olmos TALKING TO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ABOUT VOTING at 00:20

3. PLG13307 -- WPLG NEWSTAPE: 03-17-1997; EDWARD JAMES OLMOS: EJO talking with children. Coop posted this at page 1, but I couldn't find it in the other video. at start

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

I don't know why, but for some reason the links posted on this thread are all redirecting to other videos, including Making of Miami Vice video, which I found quite funny. Except from the link with Michael Talbott posted by Crockettt.

Edited by summer84

• 3 weeks later...

2uz8guu.jpg

I'm so happy to see my picture on facebook posted by Michael Talbott on his page. :fireworks:

It's really awesome. :dance:

Quote from Talbott: Thanks to @reillygolfpro for sharing this pic of Saundra, John and I on the twitter.

He was also interested in seeing the video. Cool! I wonder how he reacted.... Probably laughing. 

Don't know if the guy is a friend of Talbott or just a fan, but I'm glad that he shared my picture.

Some comments from facebook: bring Miami Vice back!! the best TV show!!, 

"Lombard?," Badges around the neck nice touch! :)

Funny cause they practically put the badges several places on their body.  

You can only see such cool stuff happen on Miami Vice.

Saundra Santiago and a crew member from the casting department liked it too.

It couldn't have gotten much better then this. :fireworks:

Edited by summer84

I don't know why, but for some reason the links posted on this thread are all redirecting to other videos, including Making of Miami Vice video, which I found quite funny. Except from the link with Michael Talbott posted by Crockettt.

They are not working for me ?(

The link posted by Crockettt on page 2 is the only one not redirecting to other videos, it is still working and the direct links I have posted on page 1 of the video making of miami vice are now also working.

Try to type in making of miami vice in the search catalog from this link http://www.wolfsonarchives.info/search-the-catalog/?go, sometimes you have to type the word in yourself, cause it doesn't always work copying and pasting.

Or click on the direct link I have posted on page 1 of the video making of miami vice.

As for the other videos, airtommy has posted highlights on page two, where you just have to type in the x and number. For instance DJ's album release type x508 in the search link above. That also applies for the videos I posted on page 3, where you just type in the combo of letters and numbers.

I hope it works out!  Enjoy!

Edited by summer84