Jan Hammer Autographed soundtrack CDs - Estimated Value?

texasvicefan

I have two CDs that I purchased about 10 years ago, both CDs by Jan Hammer. 

• Jan Hammer - MIAMI VICE - The Complete Collection (2 CD set) with autograph by Jan Hammer - 2002
  • The Best of MIAMI VICE by Jan Hammer - with autograph by Jan Hammer -2004

Both CDs have been opened and the discs are in excellent condition. The "security device" tape with the UPC is still on the Complete Collection case, but is slit down the middle to allow opening the case.

I had read on a forum somewhere that the Complete Collection CD was very rare and valuable. Since these have Jan Hammer's autograph, I was curious if anyone could place a rough value on these items?

Thanks!

Well, the Complete Collection CD is still rare due to it's single pressing, but It's value has been seriously hurt due to the availability to download it on Jan's website for very little money.  I too have those CD's with JAN HAMMER's autograph, along with two other autographed discs and an autograhed JAN HAMMER image T-SHIRT.

I think I have 6 autographs now by Jan Hammer. The best of MIAMI VICE with his autograph is still available on his website for $39.98, so that's what it's worth currently.

The complete collection...It's only $19.99 for digital download, or you can buy individual tracks for 99 cents (and those tracks are on youtube to hear for free), I'm guessing the value currently at $50.00 for an autographed version. More for those who want the autograph, and have no idea about the above information, and if it's sealed.

Jan's autograph just doesn't bring in the kind of money one would hope.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

COOPER&BURNETT - thanks, I appreciate your reply.

I was curious after coming across a wiki online that stated the CD set was worth $150-$200+, but had no idea when the valuation was placed or if it was still valid. I was aware of the digital downloads on JH's site.

I've no intention of getting rid of them, even if they were worth $500.  

• Like 1

That evaluation was right after the 2 CD set sold out, and wasn't available for digital download. It was in fact going for those prices on ebay, but not now. Just like you, it's still worth something to me. I have autographs from all the main actors from MIAMI VICE, and JAN HAMMER's is right up there for me. He's the voice, and soul of MIAMI VICE!   

• Like 1