New Tracks (last ones)

Jerry B.

So here they are, folks.

I could manage the time to finally recover two more tracks from the documentary I was hired to score in 1989. I also find the original midifile of another track which wasn't supposed to be into it, but I wanted to include it in the playlist because of its strong Hammer feel. While the first two have a classical Vice vibe, the bonus has a more cuban flavor. As for the other ones, they are not fully produced tracks, just demos.

These are the last ones, I no longer write/produce music in that form. But I thought this place deserved the effort of making them heard for the first time.

Thank you all for giving me the right excuse. Hope you'll enjoy.

JB

Edited by Jerry B.
  • Like 9

FANTASTIC WORK JERRY!

What can I say? these are completely Jan Hammer style, your songs remind me of so many of each of his songs...

The first one at the very start reminds me a little bit of Evan, then throughout the rest of the song it's like Texas Ranger.

Second one reminds me of Flashback.

The last one reminds me of the New York Theme. :) 

This is excellent Jerry, I kind of  want to see this documentary now for your music. xD 

Great work pal  :cool:  :thumbsup:

CERTAINLY Very MIAMI VICE like! I really, really enjoyed hearing these tracks. I had all the neon lights on in my home, and just cranked the volume up, and I really had that "VICE" feeling! Pastel colors, tropical sun, Sport cars, wayfarers, ...yep it certainly had the MIAMI VICE vibe!

Jerry, I had fun listening to these. Its another reason it's such a joy to be here, and to share the joy of MIAMI VICE with other like minded members and friends. I always thought I was the last of the fans till I found this site. I always felt nobody would be interested in these kind of things any longer, and I was perhaps behind the times. alone in my viceness.    Looks like I was wrong! 

Well done Jerry, WELL DONE! Like many great artists, you saved the best for last!

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, really appreciated.

Coop, glad you like it. I can figure you out, crankin' up the volume and feeling yourself immesred into a Vice episode. I think there's no better prove for my tracks ;-)

Detective_Crockett, glad you find echoes of actual Hammer tracks in mine. My work of that time was derivative indeed, that's what I was looking for. On the other hand, they have an identity on their own. The documentary was never released, but it was about underwater life. I thought that the dark, mysterious moods of such kind of environment would fit a Vicey sound.

Thanks to all, folks.

JB

Edited by Jerry Beck
  • Like 2

PS I'm working on a long investigation article about the work Jan did for MV. If I have time to finish it, I will post it here. Stay tuned ;-)

My heartfelt thanks, Crockettt, really.

Yes, Little Havana Drive is one of my favorites. Sunny cuban flavor but done in a Hammer-ish way.

Take care, pal

JB

Jerry...
You do thank us for giving you the right excuse ...
You have not to do!
This music is good enough to go its own straight way.
In us you only found probably the most happy and thankful listeners.

It is WE who have to thank you and I am glad members here like also these new only to us

recovered last ones by this time of your life then in the late 80s.
I definitely do! I do not only like them - no I LOVE them.
And it takes long until blue chooses the word 'love'.

I enjoy your music and it lets me dance with 'hips' and soul.  :dance2: 

Now I have had the possibility to listen to all 6 tracks out of your books belonging to this kind of sound by then.
It's time to tell you my fav.
I think each musican wants to get known: Which was the best to you?

I have an easy game here.
With distance - yes...with distance my vote goes to:

The Hunter and the Prey

That's what gives me the full dose !!

I've listened to it for so many times now already that I am summing this melody constantly while 

working, cleaning, shopping and it makes all these rather non liked doings with me to a real special time.

I have a scene in my head to which it could become played and I know we both have just the same in our heads with it.

I deeply appreciate and feel happiness you cared about to give us the chance to let your music into our minds, ears and hearts.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!  :fireworks:  :flowers:  :happy:

It is so sad here in forum the threads are gone as quickly out of center with 'current/recent' posts at the HOME here.
That gives such great threads like yours a much too short visible life time in forum.

Let us hope still more members will reply so your music stays for long in this more recognizable section.

Edited by bluepearl

Blue, what am I supposed to say after such a comment? :-)

I appreciate every single word. Yes it's sad to see good posts quickly disappear from the home page, but that's the way it works. That's the drawback of having fresh news on top.
On the other hand, if a thread is overwhelmed by other posts, it simply means it wasn't able to generate replies enough to keep it up.

Glad you like The Hunter. It's one of my favorites in the whole bunch of cues. That track is able to generate different emotions, all of them in a true Miami Vice scenario.

I didn't expect such a feedback, and I don't exclude to write/produce more tracks in the same vein. Just have to find the time. Should some label be interested, it could be nice to have a true MV-sounding album released. Not in my plans right now, but let's see.

For now, thanks again, Blue. See ya around ;-)

JB

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I adore your tracks, Jerry! "Transparency II" and "The Hunter and the Prey" must be my favorite, but I've already listened twice to the whole playlist and am loving it. This is indeed the real Vice style and clearly has a very different vibe when compared to synthwave or other modern interpretations of the 80's. And I'm saying that despite the fact that I do like many synthwave tracks by various acts.

I hope you will find the time to write more in the near future!

• Like 1

Thanks pal ;-) The cues you named are among my faves too.

Thanks also for noticing the differences between them and the contemporary New Retro: fine ears ;-)

Maybe you'll find this interesting. Enjoy!

JB

• Like 1